You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 4:37pm

Alafff

Intermediate

• "Alafff" started this thread

[Sugg]Begin at maximum level

Hello ,

So with each new major update , level increase , and that make the road to level max longer.
Some people don't like it and stop.

Idea is to give the choice to player to grind a character and take advantages from it or begin a new level max character.

So how will the max character be?

First he will begin with a little sum of money , something around 500gold for the basic needs.

He will spawn at Yasker Tower or Novograd with his teleport stone quest acquired.

Every quest except the starting zones ones , he will need to do. So World mysteries quest he will need to do.

No mounts or Cs objets -> Perhaps a better "Pack" more costly to begin with thoses.

Do Old Players remember White Stuff? Level max characters will begin with a full set of white gear for 8k stamina and vigor and 10 pts in each secondary stats. He will be able to choose his weapons (White too) When he use the service.

Finally quests in his quest logs that will send him to World mysteries starters npc.

Voila ! Give some Feedback to make it better
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 3:19am

leveling is like a noobfilter
dont put away the filter

we have already accounts that were bought at maxlevel and play like this...

allods is most likely about the leveling... thats the best part of the game
sure its great once you reach level 60 but after some time most ppl will miss the leveling

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 24th 2014, 3:27am)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 9:00am

allods is most likely about the leveling... thats the best part of the game
sure its great once you reach level 60 but after some time most ppl will miss the leveling

-1 from me, also, maybe -2 or -3 if that's allowed.

A noobfilter is important. Levelling up your character allows you to learn about how it works, what its weak points are, where its strengths lie, and so on.

And +2 or +3 for missing the levelling.

And OP: No, it wasn't hard levelling up from 55 to 60. It was almost too quick. (See above on missing the levelling.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 9:12am

-1 same reason :x
Lysonia - Requiem, guilde Française - Empire (Evolution)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 2:21pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Hey,
I've another suggestion:
Every account could be able to create a charakter on lvl 60, with full 8th runes, a normal mount (pegasus vor exampel), and other stuff like that for a limited time (expl: 2h). And that with every class (so u can all in all play 20h in endcontent). And for what? So u can get an insight in any class, how the class is like to play in endcontent (so maybe if u start an new charakter you choose the right choice and won't need a coremorph).

Hm, let see, what the opponent could say now:
-- What is, if someone create many accounts to stay in endcontent?
-> Well, if that makes you happy.. u will allways be a zero.. cuz noone will know u (you also could get an special symbol next to ur name, which show that you are only a temporary character)
-- With that stuff you are able to onehit the most other player, which will loose the interest in the game
-> Well, 8th runes are the standard actually on this server. You will only be a "normal" player in the endcontent, that it's
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 2:24pm

Diktator

Trainee

Hey,
I've another suggestion:
Every account could be able to create a charakter on lvl 60, with full 8th runes, a normal mount (pegasus vor exampel), and other stuff like that for a limited time (expl: 2h). And that with every class (so u can all in all play 20h in endcontent). And for what? So u can get an insight in any class, how the class is like to play in endcontent (so maybe if u start an new charakter you choose the right choice and won't need a coremorph).

-> Well, if that makes you happy.. u will allways be a zero.. cuz noone will know u (you also could get an special symbol next to ur name, which show that you are only a temporary character)
-- With that stuff you are able to onehit the most other player, which will loose the interest in the game
-> Well, 8th runes are the standard actually on this server. You will only be a "normal" player in the endcontent, that it's

:thumbup:

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 3:29pm

Hey,
I've another suggestion:

this would make allods a stateless game like dota LOL HoN and so on
i dont play for acceptance of others, i play to have fun, most ppl play because of fun... -> "u will allways be a zero" thats not accurate, since when you enjoy the game this way you win in every aspect which is far from a zero

this way would make any progress worthless and reduce gametime from allods to a few hours...

i dont think this is a good idea

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 3:53pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Quoted

this would make allods a stateless game like dota LOL HoN and so on
Okay, that is true! But i would prefer any option with that i could get more insight in the ten classes.
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:13pm

Hey,
I've another suggestion:

There are basically 2 types of games - ones that are all about instant gratification (modern AAA/fail MMO games) and others that require you to actually get invested to get anything. What you suggest has been implemented kind of, in the form of class change. I think it has been done in the best way possible, without ruining the game, making it just... "meh, i can play every class, blah blah blah, instant gratification now im bored". Part of what makes this game worth it and keeps people playing it is that everything requires effort.

What you're suggesting is that the game just gives people temporary good characters, with no effort. Why would anyone put in the effort then? Why would anyone remain interested in the game after they've had an OP character for 2 hours, then it gets taken away from them... and to reach that level they have to play for half an year? Implementing that would be a major turn off. Like, here lick this lollipop. Oh, you want another lick? Go screw. It would be a turn off for both current hardcore players, because others get what they've been working for for years just like that with no effort, and a turn off for new players, who will have their lollipop taken away.

As for the suggestion of the OP - :thumbdown:
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:17pm

Alafff

Intermediate

• "Alafff" started this thread

Well the idea was to do like the game currently at pos1 do . Leveling only one character per account to max level would help.

Leveling is noobfilter? It is the most easy lie you could say :p Looking at how many idiots still go to level max when potential good players stopped cause of farming level. Lots of guys come to level max with a wrong build , with a wrong understanding of the game mechanics . Thoses are not different than the cs leveled players would be . After all , At max level your buddie or your guild will need to explain you what endgame is , how to play it. So not much difference....

And by the way people who would have done leveling normal way would be overpowered against Cs leveled players.

Finally do you know why new games tend to lost lots of people first month? Same reason , bored of leveling , not enought envy to endure it until max level.

Skipping leveling dont kill the game , it do not reduce the time you would have done in endcontent. It only give an alternative
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:20pm

But i would prefer any option with that i could get more insight in the ten classes.

this was my wish too, so i can understand that perfectly
i solved this with making reincarnations and now i have all classes at level 60 :)
i can play what class i want whenever i want with all my items i have hard earned, plus i understand how all of these classes work in a very detailed way

all i need to pay are 5 gold every time i change (reincarnation-npc is a greedy one!)

ofc its some effort to play the game 10x but i dont regret it, i would do it again anytime again if needed

the "light" solution would be to make "normal" chars with all classes and play them to like level 15, then you can respect for free and learn about all the rubies (but now all talents)
playing until level 15 is minimal timeeffort but gives a decent insight of how a class is like

Quoted

it do not reduce the time you would have done in endcontent. It only give an alternative

it does nullify the time you need for leveling, and leveling > endcontent

leveling is already SO ULTRAFAST with the marks of fate, i cannot get myself postive about this suggestion

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 24th 2014, 5:25pm)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:26pm

-1 and +1 from me. I really don't wanna level another character to a high lvl because it's too much effort. So i'll stick with 1 char on each side. (because league and empire storyline is totally different). But more than 1 character on the same side is a no-go for me, it's just too boring, which will eventually lead to leaving people i think. (Only if they feel it like i do :P).

And -1 because, as the others said, noob filter etc etc.... This is a game where is shouldn't take 1 day to get max lvl.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:32pm

..., which will eventually lead to leaving people i think. (Only if they feel it like i do :P).

i dont understand this sentence, what do you mean?

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:32pm

Leveling is noobfilter? It is the most easy lie you could say :p Looking at how many idiots still go to level max when potential good players stopped cause of farming level.

If you're not willing to put in the effort to reach from 1 to 60, you will stink at the endgame. This is where the hard part starts.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 5:35pm

... and those who get easy frustrated will see from beginning allods is not a casual browsergame but a intense complex game; can leave early instead of wasting time

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 7:16pm

Didn't read whole thread so maybe someone mentioned it but it's a RIDICULOUS idea.

Worst of it's consequences would be AoD and BGs full of bots and afk'ers. People would create lots of accounts to just leech and get as many symbols of gold as possible, then the exchange rate would go skyhigh and game would break even more.

Rate this thread