You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 10:01am

Firehusary

Beginner

• "Firehusary" started this thread

What proffesions are viable?

Hello.

Are there any proffesions in Allods Online that way more viable than others?

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 11:00am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

While most will tell you alchemy, choosing the profession that your class can wear is ideal at this point as the gear you will craft is better then the rep gear. If you choose this route be sure to also level your crafting rep because at about lvl 47 you will have to buy recipes to be able to craft the gear you will need. By doing this and maxing your rep, you can get a second profession.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 11:18am

Buuhuu

Intermediate

Quoted

choosing the profession that your class can wear is ideal at this point as the gear you will craft is better then the rep gear.

Well that is true, but it costs a lot of gold to craft epic gear. New players often don't have this gold. So as you said before alchemy would be the best I think. So with alchemy you can brew a lot of useful potions and at level 60 you will get a special repeatable quest. With this quest you can produce unbound amalgam (But it takes some time and it is mostly grinding, but amalgam is needed at every state of endgame so you can sell it). With tailor/leather/smith you can craft gear for your char, which is very useful too and you can sell epic gear, which is unbound (it doesn't take so much time like alchemy quest does, but it costs gold and there isn't always one, who buys it). You have to decide that on your own.
BAUA POWA!

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 11:44am

azalin71

Trainee

It depends on your finances and your progress.

If your finances are good, then armor+weapon professions are nice to have.

Financing armor profession and/or weapon profession can be costly especially if you want to make the epic gear, that is actually better than the quest gear.

At early endgame crafted epic gear is really good, but youll replace it with astral gear anyways, so its just a phase. The stat changers youll want for your astral gear can be bought for a fragment of what it costs to lvl up the profession.

At my current progress I have absolutely no use for armor-profession or weapon-profession

... well, actually i think i earn a bit of gold, because in astral i get drops related to my crafting skill, and I can sell those to npc. But i think i would get those drops even if the profession was lvl 1.

I think alchemy is nice - those little extra stats you get, the really good healing pots, and those damaging pots, all comes in handy. You can buy those at auctionhouse most of the time, so alchemy is not a must have but a nice to have. You can also get amalgam from alchemyquest when alchemy is maxed. I usually dont get them though - too much hard work, and getting from pvp is much more fun.

So ... I would say, they are all nice to have, and for endgame i would recommend alchemy.
Araanahn - Kanian Crusader - Warsong guild

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 12:04pm

All professions will bring you profit if you use them correctly. If you don't want to get involved in the economy, pick alchemy, since it is the only profession that will consistently provide you personally with benefits. If you want to use your profession to gain gold, you can pick any, since they all will give you gold.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 2:58pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Quoted

choosing the profession that your class can wear is ideal at this point as the gear you will craft is better then the rep gear.

Well that is true, but it costs a lot of gold to craft epic gear. New players often don't have this gold. So as you said before alchemy would be the best I think. So with alchemy you can brew a lot of useful potions and at level 60 you will get a special repeatable quest. With this quest you can produce unbound amalgam (But it takes some time and it is mostly grinding, but amalgam is needed at every state of endgame so you can sell it). With tailor/leather/smith you can craft gear for your char, which is very useful too and you can sell epic gear, which is unbound (it doesn't take so much time like alchemy quest does, but it costs gold and there isn't always one, who buys it). You have to decide that on your own.

If you keep up with your profession while you level you will have this gold to make your epic gear, you just have to know how to level it correctly. Alch is something you can do while you are waiting to find a party for astral or wellebell/forlorn/foul dale.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 3:18pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

I didn't test it myself with a new char, but often when I leveled up my reincs and I crafted epic gear, some took a large amount of tries and also much money. I don't know if this is worth at all. I mean the gear by reputation or by quests is often enough to level up. And as a new player you have to focus on other things with your gold I think.
BAUA POWA!

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 3:45pm

I didn't test it myself with a new char, but often when I leveled up my reincs and I crafted epic gear, some took a large amount of tries and also much money. I don't know if this is worth at all. I mean the gear by reputation or by quests is often enough to level up. And as a new player you have to focus on other things with your gold I think.

I think people above are talking about the epic 57 and 58 crafted gear which is often cited as being among the best in the game, better than green-60-upgradables for sure, but often debated as being better than even blue-60-upgradables. (I have no opinion on this last point as I don't have any blue-60-upgradables.)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 4:10pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

To some the little bit of difference is well worth it especially if they are brandnew to the game and just starting out with getting runes. This don't even show what the difference with the lvl 39/40 crafted gear which is the lvl I would normally start my rep there. So in the long run to me it is a waste of time standing there hoping that I get the drop needed for the rep not to mention the hours of grinding the rep to even get respected.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 4:14pm

I think people above are talking about the epic 57 and 58 crafted gear which is often cited as being among the best in the game, better than green-60-upgradables for sure, but often debated as being better than even blue-60-upgradables. (I have no opinion on this last point as I don't have any blue-60-upgradables.)

crafted purple items are better than level 60 blue (upgraded!) items
due to the significant reduction in costs for raw materials the handworks are better now

however if you think of the autoastralgroups coming, which will make it possible to get purple level 60 gear easy, then again only alchemy will be worth it

also you can get amalgam with alchemy, this makes this handwork superior for many players

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 26th 2014, 4:57pm)

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 4:14pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

No actually I wasn't. I was talking about all levels. I am in the process of leveling up 3 incarns and have tried it both ways and have found it better to craft your gear then waste the time and effort in doing/buying rep. Oh and by the way I am also gearing 3 toons for astral gear so I am always broke so don't think those are feeding my incarns because it is rather the other way around.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 4:24pm

Buuhuu

Intermediate

Quoted

To some the little bit of difference is well worth it especially if they are brandnew to the game and just starting out with getting runes. This don't even show what the difference with the lvl 39/40 crafted gear which is the lvl I would normally start my rep there. So in the long run to me it is a waste of time standing there hoping that I get the drop needed for the rep not to mention the hours of grinding the rep to even get respected.

Sure, epic gear gives you a great boost. I'm using crafted gear for my reincs too. But I thought off the gold you have to pay for epic crafted gear. Sometimes you are lucky and you get your epic piece after one try, but sometimes... :S
Well alchemy or tailor/leather/smith, but not weaponsmith.^^
BAUA POWA!

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 4:35pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Here is a better example of why I say crafted gear over alch. This is Crafted against Questing in Pearl Ring/Irdrich.

Thursday, June 26th 2014, 5:00pm

Here is a better example of why I say crafted gear over alch. This is Crafted against Questing in Pearl Ring/Irdrich.

the question is: is this little non permanent statboost worth the effort for the player?

everyone must decide for himself

i would rather save the gold and buy something permanent for it

Friday, June 27th 2014, 3:52am

reeah19

Intermediate

ur comparing a lvl 55 item with a lvl 49

All the crafts are good, but most stable income comes from Amalgam wich is Alchemy, the others are good now because gearing it's slow, i got all crafts btw i'm using all to gear and sell stuffs, but on long term that meaning 1 year+ only amal wins, and u can get the others whenever anyway.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 6:50am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

ur comparing a lvl 55 item with a lvl 49

All the crafts are good, but most stable income comes from Amalgam wich is Alchemy, the others are good now because gearing it's slow, i got all crafts btw i'm using all to gear and sell stuffs, but on long term that meaning 1 year+ only amal wins, and u can get the others whenever anyway.

Yeah I noticed I screen captured the wrong piece till it was too late. It still is better gear that you can make then you can get from any of the rep vendors. I too have all of the professions between my many toons. By the time a year+ comes along you could have already leveled your toon the gear profession your toon requires and level up alch. There are still people looking for the lvl 57 gear and this sells for more then the amal's do. So it is win win having both your gear profession and alch.

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 7:13am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Here is the actual picture I meant to show. The stats that are there are the ones that come with and not a bought pattern (which would have brutality). I have yet to buy the pattern and at lvl 55 now I am not even gonna bother with buying it. The pants that I am wearing are pants that I just got from a quest. So when you can have better stats with crafting the gear why deal with quest gear. Once you hit lvl 55 if you have done the rep you could be starting on alch and have it leveled when you hit 60 therefore giving you your amal quest.