You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 27th 2014, 8:32am

Cortath

Trainee

• "Cortath" started this thread

Cortath's Journal

Hello, Sarnautians!

I've been wanting to make new threads about my endeavors on the Allods, strange occurrences and other events in our shattered world, but never could get myself to actually do it. So, I decided to create my own user thread where I can pile such stories and update it every now and then. It's purely for my own entertainment, but everyone else is welcome to participate and share their stories, too.
May Tensess have mercy on your soul, for I shall have none.

Friday, June 27th 2014, 8:33am

Cortath

Trainee

I'd like to begin with my first entry;

A Common Enemy

Yesterday I was out on a demon hunt by myself and my lurker. It's been countless hours since we last took a break and we were getting worn out. All of a sudden, the last demon corpse that fell motionless to the ground unveiled a war banner. It must have been hidden somewhere gruesome, alas I quickly picked it up and strapped it to myself in a show of glory, courage and The League's might.

We resume with the hunt... Then, out of nowhere, like, a bolt of lighting an Imperial Savant swiftly appears before me, already casting buffs upon himself. Right there and then I knew this could only mean one thing - battle. I quickly switched my focus from demons to the arch-nemesis, but it was too late; I was already cursed by the Savant's spells and his mechanical pet gnawing at my feet. I retaliated by casting a few curses as well and retreated by jumping back to a safer distance in order to heal myself. A fierce battle ensued, spilling acid everywhere, flocks of bats spinning about and around us as we fought to the death in a deadly fog of volatile infections and other foul spells.

The exchange of painful, burning and draining curses continued until the demons gathered all around us witnessing the grand show to their own amusement. I bet they were glad seeing the petty little beings fight it out and kill each other without a demon's effort. But, something must have triggered them... Maybe it was one of the acid missiles that hit them by accident, or they received orders to finish us off - they jumped me and my opponent all together. Myself and the Savant were forced into a corner. The demon numbers were too great and we couldn't fight against each other and the impending threat at the same time. Instinctively, we jumped off the rocky cliff to what we believed a safe haven. Our rumble resumed for a short while. We were going on par, without our pets, now that they were eaten by the demons above. After some time of shooting at each other with staves and wands, and patching ourselves in an instant, we realized that we were trapped. A huge demonic fang at the bottom of the slope and rocky cliff above with high walls around us. Without a word, we understood that it's futile to keep fighting. We have been thrown into the pit by the demons, thus they have won the battle. The Savant smiled at me and quickly teleported using the adventurer's stone, as I remained in the pit to try and seek a way out. After some time I, too, realized that it was impossible to climb my way out and teleported away.

Thus, in a mortal combat between The League's Demonologist and The Empires Savant, a common enemy prevailed - the demons. Even if the two warring factions never find peace, we should all remember who the real enemy is and unite when duty calls upon it.

PS: dear Savant, I do not remember your name, because everything happened so fast, I could barely keep up with the happenings due to seldom Astral lags, but I want to say that you have my utmost respect. It was a battle well fought, and perhaps we can rematch one day with nothing getting in our way.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cortath" (Jun 27th 2014, 9:10am) with the following reason: story time

Friday, June 27th 2014, 12:35pm

Cortath

Trainee

Humble Beginnings

One of the main reasons for me to venture into a new cyberverse is its lore, history and story line. Mindless grinding is not my style. Of course, the story of the world of Sarnaut has captured me whole, thus I am still here. And I like to talk about the Allods lore every so often with anyone unlucky enough to stumble across myself. There's no escaping me when I begin to tell tales. *coughs* Yes...

Recently, I realized that not many of my comrades know who the elves actually are. Even though they roam the Allods as elves themselves, they do not know of their own humble beginnings. The truth is, elves were in fact once humans, just like Junes, Kanians and Xadaganians. Or even Zem, before they perished. Elves were the first human tribe to appear on the world of Sarnaut in the year of 350 BC. You may ask how is that possible? Allow me to demonstrate;

*Cortath pulls out old, dusty scrolls from his bag that he recently borrowed from the mail.ru library*

Quoted

Beauty has always been the most important concept in the outlook of the elves. It became the yardstick for everything - actions, clothing, philosophy. According to Niall, a single point of view on where there were elves, and why beauty has become such an important race for him, was not in those days. Elves just lived in a beautiful, wonderful world, the beauty surrounding them, they themselves were fine and there was no one and nothing, who would disrupt this harmony.
The world was perfect. Somehow (here Niall especially scathing towards their ancestors) elves knew that the world was only 350 years in age, and this knowledge they had was enough for them.
Elves mastered the world around them, and increasingly they began dating phenomenon, disfiguring his (Niall with his characteristic irony vividly describes the shock of elves from the first meeting with a wild troll). The more elves learned of Sarnaut, the more monstrosities they found.
Not all of them being encountered were terrible - we know that the elves treated the Aviak with great compassion, and some have found a special charm in the cold beauty of lamia. And even then the elves began to attempt to change the nature, to regain a sense of naive and fascinating ideal world. Thus began the Battle of Beauty.
Niall believes that his ancestors were doomed to lose in this fight. The farther they advanced in the study of the world, the more enemies they made. And so many inevitable compromises. And the main compromise became an alliance with Junes.
June - The first human tribe encountered elves. Elves looked at Junes in a distorting mirror: people were apparently very similar to them, but were not, according to the elves, just as lovely. But it was a potential ally in the fight against the ugliness. Elves were able to instill their ideals to the June, become their mentors and taught magic, which they were very skilled in.
Everything changed when the elves and June first encountered with the Dragons.

Dragons were fine. Amazing fusion of grace, beautiful birds of prey, ice-cold confidence and unprecedented power. Ideal. Masters of the world. There was only one problem: these owners killed the elves, Junes, Aviaks, trolls - all. And elves saw only one explanation to this: Dragons profess the same principles that they did themselves, destroying everything that does not quite live up to their ideal of beauty. From the standpoint of the Dragons, elves - Ugliness.
The Union of elves and Junes cracked. Junes did not want to become victims of Beauty, they wanted to live and rule. Junes declared war on the dragons. Elves could not be their allies along the way - all their philosophy, all their life principles demanded from them death in the name of Beauty. But the whole race can not so easily commit suicide. And elves found another compromise (the last compromise in their history, according to Niall).
Elves - one of the most magically gifted races in the world. Even in those days there were many known magical secrets that to this day are the secret knowledge of the Great Mages. A way out of this situation was found - the elves decided to change and become like dragons, to become just as beautiful.
By 1900, everything was ready for the change. Houses of elves became magical incubators, where the elves had to undergo a series of changes that would make them equal to the Dragons. Not the same but equal: living even longer (average lifespan of an elf changes to equal 150 years), do not fade with time (aging off - it spoils!), More nimble and strong (main weapon was magic for elves and not physical strength ) and most importantly - the cruise. Flying Dragons truly fascinated ancient elves, and their main dream was an opportunity to gain wings. The changing magical process was supposed to take about 200 years.

Thus, appeared the new elves. Not everything went as planned: lifespan doubled, aging occurred a few months before death, and the wanted wings only allowed a low hover above the ground. There is no doubt that a process of correcting the changes by running it again, sooner or later, the elves would have reached all the goals. But the need for that has disappeared: the world has changed. Junes destroyed almost all Dragons, but their civilization died from a mysterious curse. New human races began to explore the world. And elves once again were the most beautiful creatures on Sarnaut.
But most importantly, changes affected not only their physiology, but psychology changed the elves as well. The death of the Dragons, the most beautiful beings in the world, proved that beauty is not the purpose of life and the reason for the survival of one and the death of others. Its not it, and Power: Junes, the winners of the Dragons, also died.
What is left? Yes, nothing. No, nothing in this world that would give the right to life. Anything can happen, everything can be lost. So the only purpose - just live and take from life all that it can give. So, the concept of life for elves had become Pleasure - as the only worthy goal for a mortal.
Elves began life anew. They tried to forget the past and succeeded. In his "Chronicles" Niall said that the history of their race began in 2100 again. The past was a half-forgotten dream of a happy child. Elves awoke and began life almost from scratch. "That is why in the history of the world and stories of elves there are so many blank spots - complains Niall. But that's all we have, and no one could tell you about the past more than the ancient elven manuscript in my library, of which so few. "

Please excuse the poor grammar as I didn't take the time to correct most of it. Plus, it makes the scrolls from mail.ru library sound all the more exotic. ;)

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Cortath" (Jun 27th 2014, 12:54pm)

Friday, June 27th 2014, 1:35pm

Cortath

Trainee

Преве́д! (Preved!)

When I choose the "scare" emoticon in game, my character shouts "preved!" in Russian (not sure if it's the same for all races, classes and genders). For the first time ever in an MMORPG I didn't ask myself "why?", because I knew where that came from and I saw what the developers did there. 8)

As some may say, the character actually says "Privet!", Russian for "hi!". It sounds like it and it's a deliberate misspelling of the word, so you're close. But, that's not it. It's a Russian internet meme that boomed in around '05-'06. The original meme is of a bear catching a couple having *** by surprise and yelling "Preved!". Quite scary, huh? That's why it's the scare emoticon in Allods.

Read all about it on wiki here: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preved[/url]

Friday, June 27th 2014, 4:41pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Had fun reading and looking forward for more ^^
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits