You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:06am

as long as overall dps is the same it does not matter, but if overall dps is lowered its ***

ask these engineers if there complaining about there dps

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bunzy" (Aug 31st 2014, 12:20am)

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:28am

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:33am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

These class changes notes dont contain all changes like engineer dmg nerf (russians noticed that they nerfed dmg on most skills and dont write anything in patch notes).But yeah summy will be even more op healer :thumbsup:

wait what? they reduced engineers dmg? this is so wrong...

5.2 was supposed to make engineers GOOD, not sacrifice dmg for survivability :S

i hope this is not true or an error

I`ve been trying to synchro my Engineers' stats on both servers (EU/NA and RU). I`ve almost managed to get identical stats, though there are some extremely minor shifts. Doing some tweaking, I can tell that 5.0.2 Engineer's damage IS reduced, but I can`t tell by how much exactly, as there are rubies I`ve taken in this server, but haven`t taken on RU server. Anyway, these are my deductions based on numbers I have at the moment (note, these are just approximations):
Fire Shot (Rank 3) - Damage reduced by 5%
Acid Shot (Rank 3) - Damage reduced by 5%
Light Turret (Rank 2) - Damage reduced by 20%
Burner (Rank 1) - Damage reduced by 5%
5.0.2 Frag Bomb (Rank 3) vs. 5.0.1 Frag Bomb (Rank 2) - Damage reduced by 3% in 5.0.2 patch
Hand Beam Cannon (Rank 1) - Damage reduced by 20%
Defibrillation (Rank 1) - Damage reduced by 8%
Ruby: Boiling Point and Crystallizing Point - Values changed from 5%/10%/15% to 4%/8%/12%
Ruby: Focusers - Values changed from 5%/10%/15% to 10%/20%/30%

P.S. If someone hasn`t noticed, upgrading a damaging skill from Rank 2 to Rank 3, the damage increases by 5%, so on paper, the damage of Frag Bomb in 5.0.2 is reduced by 8% (again, it`s just an approximation)

what level is your engineer ? it is impossible to compare the dps of single skills for several reasons and misleading. several rubies on 5.1 simply dont even exist in 5.2. all the complaints made by engineers on the russian server was addressed in 5.2.

frag bomb in 5.1 is a 20 second cool down with a 1.8 second cast time and can not be cast while moving because of the long cast time, one huge complaint is if a tank is kiting, your bombs are worthless because YOU will miss. in 5.2 with rubies fragbomb is 8 second cool down and can be cast while moving. you can spam frag bombs more in 5.2, so saying the dps is lower is inaccurate since you can do twice as many frag bombs now. secondary shots also lower the cooldown of frag bomb in 5.2 btw. dither bomb, one of your main dps spells in 5.2 also has a major rework and lower cool down.

Defibrillation isnt even a dps spell, its a knock down and doubles as battle res. in 5.1 in pvp its a 3 second cast time and is interruptable, which is unbelievably retarded and just shows how poor the engineer was designed. in 5.2 its now a instant cast with rubies which is obscenely op. you can pretty much have someone knock down for 9 seconds if you time it correctly. defiberlation + frag bomb + tk pull and this doesnt even include mana burst.

only purpose of hand beam cannon in end game is to lower your tempature so you can cast dither bomb, it being 20% less dps is irrelevant it didnt do much dps anyway.

i dont know what fillers, crystalizing and boiling point is on the engineer ruby tree off the top of my head.
This is what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. I haven't even had no hands on testing bit could ascertain by reading changes that with Frag(among other thongs)being so much more useful(spam able) that it would balance out.

Anyways, thanks for verifying my initial thought that Engineer WILL be okay.

Only problem now, is I'm more excited than ever for this damned patch to hurry up and get here!

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:36am

This is what I was trying to explain in my earlier post. I haven't even had no hands on testing bit could ascertain by reading changes that with Frag(among other thongs)being so much more useful(spam able) that it would balance out.

Anyways, thanks for verifying my initial thought that Engineer WILL be okay.

Only problem now, is I'm more excited than ever for this damned patch to hurry up and get here!

only problem that i can see is, engineer actually is still squishy in pvp. but they gave engineers so much options for pvp in 5.2 its sick. i cant wait.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:38am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Dbl post FTW.

Wootwooot @ Those screenies Bunz...

Thanks.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:45am

Dbl post FTW.

Thanks.

thought it was interesting the fact there was no bards in some of the screenshots, and the ones that i did see were at the middle or bottom of dps. i also dont know the gear score or runes of the people in these screenshots so that can and should be a huge factor.

i would of posted in this thread earlier, but i didnt want to sway anyones opinion positively of the class before my buddy got his morpher. people being lead to believe the class is actually shiet was a good thing.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:51am

thought it was interesting the fact there was no bards in some of the screenshots, and the ones that i did see were at the middle or bottom of dps. i also dont know the gear score or runes of the people in these screenshots so that can and should be a huge factor.

Bards? Really? There's still alot more of them on those screens than... certain other class.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 12:54am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Dbl post FTW.

Thanks.

i would of posted in this thread earlier, but i didnt want to sway anyones opinion positively of the class before my buddy got his morpher. people being lead to believe the class is actually shiet was a good thing.
Cant blame you, thats pretty smart. Prolly gonna be a higher demand for Eng CMorph in the future(i hate class change items btw).

Well, I can say that I love the class and woulda(and will) play it regardless of the outcome of 5.2 but at least now when choosing an incarnate I will choose one that supplements my engineer the best.

Thanks for the update, it is VERY much appreciated.

Also, I've got some reincarnation questions(what's best between Warrior, Psi or Bard love them all and can't choose but leaning towards Psi) but I'll hit you up in game so as not to entirely derail this thread. :D

Again, thanks!

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 1:03am

warrior for adrenaline rush, warrior charge for pvp, psi tk pull for pvp.

leveling a psi is like drilling a hole in your eye

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 1:04am

Bards? Really? There's still alot more of them on those screens than... certain other class.

poor psi

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 8:01pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaj7UELQyxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNpiC3Sp6gI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK0PZjHXp2E

i think this guy is caca, but he is the only engineer pvp video i can find. it looks like neurogas might have been buffed. he is definitely hurting himself by not having defribilation in his pvp build, unless there is a specific reason he chose not to grab it. i guess we'll know in a few weeks

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:39pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

i think this guy is caca, but he is the only engineer pvp video i can find. it looks like neurogas might have been buffed. he is definitely hurting himself by not having defribilation in his pvp build, unless there is a specific reason he chose not to grab it. i guess we'll know in a few weeks
I agree, this guy is caca....Clicking everything manually, no key-binds, backpedaling instead of side-strafing, etc.

Anyways thanks for posting the vids, it made me morning!

Looks like Neurogas may have had its radius increased some...it looks awful..BIG lol... Light Turrent also looked like it was shooting an awfully long range at a few points in the vid, although it could have just been the "targeting" rubies, as I think they increase the range.

Also, Im curious as to what that "disengage" type ability was? Is that from the Scout Incarnate? If so, how was he using Fear later on?

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:53pm

Quoted

Looks like Neurogas may have had its radius increased some...

Yes with the same rubies frag bomb (10 / 20 or 30%)
Lysonia - Requiem, guilde Française - Empire (Evolution)

Monday, September 1st 2014, 1:04pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

*Bangs forks/spoons on table.

*Chants: Five Point TWO! FIVE POINT TWO!

Monday, September 1st 2014, 3:13pm

Quoted

Looks like Neurogas may have had its radius increased some...

Yes with the same rubies frag bomb (10 / 20 or 30%)

wtf, did they redo the engineer ruby tree again ? the 3rd tree looks different

Monday, September 1st 2014, 6:18pm

I agree, this guy is caca....Clicking everything manually, no key-binds, backpedaling instead of side-strafing, etc.

Anyways thanks for posting the vids, it made me morning!

Looks like Neurogas may have had its radius increased some...it looks awful..BIG lol... Light Turrent also looked like it was shooting an awfully long range at a few points in the vid, although it could have just been the "targeting" rubies, as I think they increase the range.

Also, Im curious as to what that "disengage" type ability was? Is that from the Scout Incarnate? If so, how was he using Fear later on?

summoner fear i believe

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 4:29pm

In regards to the pictures Bunzy posted. Their dps is rather poor to be honest. I average around 350-400k dps on most fights and a hell of a lot more on the fights with a damage increase buff (the one with 822k dps.). In that last fight (the one with 822k dps) our raid is doing double the damage their raid is doing so all in all it doesn't say much. In pvp they will have more surviveability but don't expect your engineer to magically do double the damage you're doing now.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 4:34pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

In regards to the pictures Bunzy posted. Their dps is rather poor to be honest. I average around 350-400k dps on most fights and a hell of a lot more on the fights with a damage increase buff (the one with 822k dps.). In that last fight (the one with 822k dps) our raid is doing double the damage their raid is doing so all in all it doesn't say much. In pvp they will have more surviveability but don't expect your engineer to magically do double the damage you're doing now.
I'm happy with my Engineer doing similar damage as it currently does.

I don't think anyone is saying that Engineer damage is getting doubled or anything like that, just that they will be viable, while not be AS squishy as previously. Which is a great day for me.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 6:12pm

Gramarye

Professional

In pvp they will have more surviveability

idk so... Engi just got a chance to flee after ge onehitted :/

15% dmg-reduction will not cange this too

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 11:14pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

In pvp they will have more surviveability

idk so... Engi just got a chance to flee after ge onehitted :/

15% dmg-reduction will not cange this too
Pretty much, but it can be up to 75% damage reduction and anyone speccing into Pvp would most certainly have this(Resuscitate R3 + rubies)..

...Die Hard with speed boost(range class remember) is kinda a big deal.

*Will Engineer suddenly become unstoppable juggernauts and impossible to kill. Certainly not.

*Will they be a viable class that is comparable to other paper-thin(Scout/Mage) classes. That's what we(me) are hoping for.

Also the new HoT device and Stuns will help a little bit towards staying alive too. Keyword, "little bit", although in some cases, a little bit can be more than enough...

...time will tell.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Sep 2nd 2014, 11:32pm)