You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 2:12am

Pay to win

Hiii guys!!! i'm from Brazil (my english is terrible) so here we have an server but is pay to win if u dont buy cash u cant be anyone in the server so.... here is the same how the server goes?

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 2:59am

well answer this for me. Do you think new player to the game who decides to spend 0$ has a chance of being top dawg on server? :S
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 7:22am

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 11:15am

aina92pl

Trainee

@Kareficer
Yes, it's same here. :)
Better be lucky than good ~

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 4:23pm

well answer this for me. Do you think new player to the game who decides to spend 0$ has a chance of being top dawg on server? :S

Get your competitive spirit on, assume that everything is fair game and yes - you can be among the top dawgs. It will require effort, it will require you to make friendships and work with others, but it is entirely possible, since there are free players who are top dawgs.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 9:40pm

allods here is PLAY to win and pay to boost

only those who are casualplayers or losers will call it "pay to win"...

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 10:08pm

IAmGroot

Professional

allods here is PLAY to win and pay to boost

Dude, seriously........STOP LYING TO EVERYONE.

The game is pay to win or pay with your, now, lacking social life or have no family time.
You can NOT win in this game without paying.
Paying doesn't necessarily mean money.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 10:26pm

Paying doesn't necessarily mean money.

in allods you can use money instead of time for some things, thats what is called pay to boost. those which have not much time but instead have money which they are willing to donate can "buy" time this way

progress in games need effort
so its PLAY TO WIN

is this new to you?

your post sounds like "everyone should have everything from the beginning"
this would describe a stateless game, where someone who plays for 5 days could be theoretically be as good as someone who plays for 5 years, just because he learns fast and is skilled

allods however is a progressive game, the one that puts the most effort in gets the most advantages

it would be weird if a new player wchich only plays 2 months would be equal to a veteran that is playing 2 years
the veteran will almost be ahead forever, the only way for the new player is to invest MORE time than the veteran or the veteran reduces his efforts ingame

also, please define "winning the game"

for me, winning the game means having fun while playing in 1st line

beeing top dps/HPS is secondary but can be also pleasent

but i have also heared of players which "win the game" by enjoying roleplaygames

so i guess everyone should (if has not already) think about what he wants from the game....

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 1st 2014, 10:33pm)

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 11:53pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

enjoy
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 12:34am

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

enjoy

some games are, allods is not

thanks to the currency exchange EVERY player can theoretically get EVERY item without doint anything but using the games mechanics

you can farm gold, you can sell things on anction house, you can perticipate in battlegrounds to get gold, you can even play goblinball where runes and gear do not matter at all to get gold (-> hey, a stateless game for those who like it ;) )
also, you can sell raw astralium or do traderoute with astralships to get gold, and there are even other possibilities to get gold...

i would call allods "pay to win", if there would be NO currency exchange NPC, so some items were exclusive to paying players

some veterans have told me that there was a time, when allods was REAL pay to win, the time when you got your gear cursed if you died and had to pay $ items (but there was no way to buy with gold!) to prevent your gear from becoming cursed
...or something like that

this has damaged allods' reputation so much ppl still remember that, when i talked with a friend about allods last time, he asked me: "what? the game where you must pay if you die?!"
i explained to him that this has changed, but also if you read in other forums you will see that this stays in mind of many potential players and turns them off (which is absolutely understandable)

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 12:40am

Allods lets you buy power, therefore it is pay2win, even if there is a free option. Paying is instant. Don't get me wrong - I still think it is the best MMORPG out there and I love the game, it's just pay2win. Being in a good, organized guild > your wallet however.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 1:10am

Allods lets you buy power, therefore it is pay2win

but buying with $ is not the only option
thats the reason i dont accept the PAY to win term

we could state it as "pay OR play to win also"

again, the only thing you can buy with $ is "time", even if its a HUGE amount of time regarding highenditems

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 7:11am

...says, the kid who thinks "the pvp is camping with an end game char and killing the reincs"..!

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 7:25am

meh... when you see a party of 6 25´s trying to kill one lvl25 that haves op runes... yes i say its pay to win, but well i play because i like the game and yes it possible to have op runes too without cash just will take quite a bunch of time.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 10:09am

Shaarawy

Beginner

Allods lets you buy power, therefore it is pay2win

we could state it as "pay OR play to win also"

again, the only thing you can buy with $ is "time", even if its a HUGE amount of time regarding highenditems

Seriously r u really that much of an ape? u know what they're trying to say so get out of ur deceptive vision that's telling you allods is f2p whole the time, omfg

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 11:13am

Despite being pay2win, Allods currently is the best MMO out there if one is looking for a game to get seriously invested in, not something to play casually 3 hours a week.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 11:28am

p2w

Allods is not enterely pay to win but a game that requires time and effort on play.
However when we play games even if its not a "pay to win" you should get incentive to play that game even if its tetris.
I personaly lost the interest into this even though that i got p5 and runes avarage lvl 7.5 on the f2p. Maybe i get back today 5.0.1,
Second point is farming requires being smart even for the most pro players.

Another fact of the p2w games is they are like the mostly forbiden fruit, because is also the most wanted (pay large amount of money).

Besides this, you should read Biromir Topics since he are a good arguing guy, and they know the games inside and outside of the game.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 11:40am

Guza

Intermediate

It might be pay2win, if u are patient eventually u will buy all the decent cash shop items to be competitive.
But p2w or not game can be also fun by just socializing, thats also why I liek this game and not matter what they do to the game I kept coming back becuz of that.
If u want to be op as soon as u get to 60 well then this game is not for u, Allods needs dedication and patience .
Allods is not a solo game, with good teamwork u can do anything.
For me its still the best mmo to get invested in >_<
While in other mmos where u can easily get gear once u do it game becomes boring while here in Allods u always have something to go for, you always have something to do to get better and better.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Guza" (Jul 2nd 2014, 11:46am)

Saturday, December 31st 2016, 7:45pm

In allods, to get what a pay2win player obtained in a few clicks, you need like a year of no lifing. Players can get max level runes right away from the cash shop, tell me a free user can get max level runes fast? If it was like a month or 2, I wouldn't complain, but that shit requires you to play daily, 15 hours a day, for months...

Saturday, December 31st 2016, 8:06pm

this is the nature of progressive games, they have progress and progression takes effort

farming the money in RL usually also takes time, so before he took a few clicks chances are high he invested time and effort in gaining the $ he SPENT in a few clicks
and spending resources happening in a few clicks is nothing new

when you farm 50.000 BC and put them on a strongbox its also only a few clicks in this moment, before this there was farming etc
when you gain 500$ in RL, there also was some interaction to gain it before usually

only RL offers more different ways of gaining $ than game does, naturally

so either way, if you want goods you need to invest
your decision is WHAT you want to invest in case you want the goods :)

and of course, the faster it shall be the more expensive it is usually

Rate this thread