You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 2:29am

[59] Fishy Flight

I frankly never cared for finishing Umoir quests, since the mini-allods are mind-numbligly boring, but I read somewhere that one of them was a good farming area, so tried again to do the last of them. And again. And again. And again.

No matter what, I simply cannot finish the quest "Fishy flight". I spent some weeks to improve my gear, to no avail: between 20 and 30 seconds after the appearance of the flying demons, I die. I really don't understand what I could do, since I have just one contextual action, and cannot use any other skill or item. The flying demons simply spawn quicker than I can kill them pressing Z, and I die. Everey time. And then I have to go back to Umoir to pick the quest, and then to the cove to pick the berries, and then wait for the loading time and the useless flight.

Somebody has any suggestions?
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 3:04am

Buuhuu

Intermediate

It is really a hard quest. Are you level 60? Then you can improve your glyphes to get more life. Also you can craft epic equip and take offhand to increase your holy resistence. The green carnifex scroll is very helpful, too. Use your best runes for def. I can't think of anything else, which could help you...
Btw you can't use seal, fervor or balms of resistence. They will be removed, when you are starting the flight :/
BAUA POWA!

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 5:46am

Well, in patch 5.01, the demons for this quest will be less stronger, so you should be able to finish it.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 10:14am

It is really a hard quest. Are you level 60? Then you can improve your glyphes to get more life. Also you can craft epic equip and take offhand to increase your holy resistence. The green carnifex scroll is very helpful, too. Use your best runes for def. I can't think of anything else, which could help you...
Btw you can't use seal, fervor or balms of resistence. They will be removed, when you are starting the flight :/

Hah! I did it on a summie with just a few pieces of level 57 epic crafted armour, the remains of my set of 51/52 leggie gear, crappy blue and green 51 non-upgradable glyphs, level 444/444 runes, and a staff. No carnifex scrolls, several WM rubies missing.

OP: When the context skill comes active, spam it like nothing else exists and like your character's life depends on it (it does!). Do not stop until you reach the end of the flight. In particular, the quest calls on you to kill a certain number of the demons, but the demons keep coming after you have killed that many, and you will be killed just as dead if you relax after killing the required number as if you didn't spam hard enough at the beginning.

So to repeat, because it is critically important: as soon as the skill comes active, spam it like a madman, and don't stop until the fish drops you on the platform at the top of the tower. There's more fighting after that, but nothing really serious compared to the demons.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 11:05am

Buuhuu

Intermediate

Quoted

Hah! I did it on a summie with just a few pieces of level 57 epic crafted armour, the remains of my set of 51/52 leggie gear, crappy blue and green 51 non-upgradable glyphs, level 444/444 runes, and a staff. No carnifex scrolls, several WM rubies missing.

Well, congratulation for being successful, though I don't know if it is a disadvantage when some rubies are missing. :S
Also remember that summoners got a second life with 6 seconds of invulnerability. :D

Quoted

OP: When the context skill comes active, spam it like nothing else exists and like your character's life depends on it (it does!).

I think he knows that he has to spam this skill, as he did this quest several times. But this skill doesn't kill the demons immediately. It takes some time and in this time they will hit you once.

But as Zurion said:

Quoted

Well, in patch 5.01, the demons for this quest will be less stronger, so you should be able to finish it.

If he has the time to wait, it wouldn't be a problem anymore :thumbup:
BAUA POWA!

Friday, July 4th 2014, 2:28pm

Quoted

Well, congratulation for being successful, though I don't know if it is a disadvantage when some rubies are missing. :S
Also remember that summoners got a second life with 6 seconds of invulnerability. :D

In the context of this quest, the rubies probably aren't important, unless you go mostly for rubies that increase damage output and the like, where the extras that I didn't have available might allow you to boost your vitality to have more health points. That wasn't relevant for me because I view increased survivability as a high priority.

And yes, I know about that second life thing. I have it, but I didn't end up activating it either. (OK, I failed the quest twice before getting advice about spamming the skill like (bad word. But I still didn't have any of those rubies and such. I still lack some of them, and I haven't finished the reinc trials either.

And anyway, my point was that some of the advice sounded like "you cannot expect to do it unless you do X, Y, and Z", but I succeeded without doing any of X, Y, and Z.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 6:30pm

Where can you get the Fishy flight quest?
I did also die, but cannot find it anymore!

thanxs in advance

Friday, July 4th 2014, 6:44pm

Here's a "real pro" tip how to deal with this quest (worked before 5.0.1 for sure, now I don't know):

When you got enough demons killed for the quest, simply click off the buff you have. You should be teleported to the top of the tower.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 6:50pm

Hello,

Where can you get the Fishy flight quest?
I did also die, but cannot find it anymore!

In the little house, in lower Umoira. Near fields where there are some evil rabbits or something :D.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language