You are not logged in.

Client Chat problem

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 10:07pm

Chat problem

Ok..this its wery strange..wen i write messages..like..hello i hawe 80 k gold..i need help...Messgaes what i see wen i send its hello i hawe**** I**** ****. WTF its wit this ********* chat!

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 10:11pm

Hi StormbringerBG,

There is currently a problem with the obscenity flter. Some "good" words have been flagged as "bad" and will be hidden. In order to correctly see the chat, you'l have to disable the obscenity filter. To do that, go to the Interface settings (Esc Menu -> Interface) and uncheck the "Obscenity filter" checkbox.

This way you should be able to correctly see the messages.

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 10:49pm

Friday, July 4th 2014, 8:37am

There is currently a problem with the obscenity flter. Some "good" words have been flagged as "bad" and will be hidden. In order to correctly see the chat, you'l have to disable the obscenity filter. To do that, go to the Interface settings (Esc Menu -> Interface) and uncheck the "Obscenity filter" checkbox.

Is it going to be sanely language-specific? I remember the hysterical messages you'd see in RoM (French-language server and French-language clients for all participants in these messages) when someone was late for something. He'd say that he was late, and you'd see that he swore at everyone.

Why?

In French, "I'm late" is "Je suis en retard" - this word is perfectly normal in French, and not obscene at all. But we'd just see "Je suis en ------" because retard is an insult in English... Oh yes, and there were the obscene discussions about cellars, which use, in French, the plainly obscene word, "cave" (means "cellar"). I, a native English speaker, could not explain this one to my guildies. I eventually found that "cave" is an obscure English-language synonym for "vagina". ?( It's not even common in English - why strike it out in French?

And last night in Allods I found people saying "lfg *** dps ***" ???? So I switched the filter off. FFS guys, how hard is it to pass a typical stream of genuine world-chat through the filter before releasing it?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 11:03am

Is it going to be sanely language-specific? I remember the hysterical messages you'd see in RoM (French-language server and French-language clients for all participants in these messages) when someone was late for something. He'd say that he was late, and you'd see that he swore at everyone.

Why?

In French, "I'm late" is "Je suis en retard" - this word is perfectly normal in French, and not obscene at all. But we'd just see "Je suis en ------" because retard is an insult in English... Oh yes, and there were the obscene discussions about cellars, which use, in French, the plainly obscene word, "cave" (means "cellar"). I, a native English speaker, could not explain this one to my guildies. I eventually found that "cave" is an obscure English-language synonym for "vagina". ?( It's not even common in English - why strike it out in French?

And last night in Allods I found people saying "lfg *** dps ***" ???? So I switched the filter off. FFS guys, how hard is it to pass a typical stream of genuine world-chat through the filter before releasing it?

From what I can see, right now the same words are forbidden for all languages. To give an example, the word retard would be hidden for all the languages if the Obscenity filter is on. (The word is actually on the list).

We'll have to wait for a localisation hotfix.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 11:36am

I posted the above answer before I started the game today. We already got the localisation hotfix that fixes the Obscenity filter :)