You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 2:19am

Goldfarming got HEAVY weakened

Try to farm some gold and see how much you get now, then remember how much it was before the patch...

Which was 135 gold / minute before is now hardly 20 gold / minute for me when i tried for short, i dont expect much more even when trying proper and a bit longer

Only relevant farmingmobs are those in new KOE now as far as i have explored this patch

Maybe this helps the exchange-rate to go closer back to "normal" again

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 4th 2014, 2:26am)

Friday, July 4th 2014, 3:25am

reeah19

Intermediate

you basicly have no mobs to farm, no normal maps, koe is a joke with that wound speed, wellebell has very very few mobs left, it will probably help with crystal rate tho, or will just reduce f2p population again, only time can say lol
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, July 4th 2014, 3:51am

how are you going to buy cash shop stuff now, right? :O

Friday, July 4th 2014, 7:57am

need A name

Intermediate

I won't say so. I think, farming Gold now becames a bit more varied; you got some options now for farming gold. Whether it is in the KoE, TkaRik or even BG's which gives you dobule rewards if your faction wins the first game at a day.

Personally I've to test what of these options is the best for me, maybe makes some fun, and eventually brings more than this Ama-Quest.
"Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidtiy...I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Friday, July 4th 2014, 9:55am

Diktator

Trainee

Farming mobs is anyways boring..you can get much more gold now...
I've farmed 20k gold in one day just by going KoE,tka rik,battlegrounds,scarlet bastion and goblinball...
Ofc if you have few reincs it's even better I've only done it on main and one reinc..

And yep hopefully exchange will drop so I can make use of this gold :P

Friday, July 4th 2014, 11:16am

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

but allods is best f2p mmo you will be ok)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Friday, July 4th 2014, 1:10pm

Allods is best f2p MMO.

I have no idea how AOPLAYER farmed at 135 gpm. I could only achieve that for about 10 minutes if I got lucky, but then it would drop down to an average of 40gold per minute, which I could sustain for an hour - that's 2,4k gold per hour. Not too bad, and as a warrior, I enjoyed it.

Yes, open world farming got hugely nerfed. About 1 in 5 foxes in Umoir now drops loot. Hm... that indeed is bad. So how do we make gold now? :o

Well, the answer is... oddly enough - Cave of Tka-Rik. 20 souls can be farmed in 30-40 minutes. They get you 1819 gold. 3638g/hour and nobody interferes. Almost every trial has an option to drop a demonic spark with 90-100% certainty. Test of Speed? When you get 10 stacks, instead of going in the middle, continue running around, get 20 stacks - demonic spark. Now the energy orbs in this trial give you speed boost, it is very fast to get 20 stacks. Awakening? Don't kill the little demons, let the one in the middle get to 10 stacks and kill it - demonic spark. Orbs of Greed is almost guaranteed to drop a demonic spark, along with 100g (although now it is 10g per orb). Demon hunt - don't finish the trial after the 3rd wave, go for the 4th and you get a spark.

Not only that Cave of Tka-Rik now is good gold, but they made it actually fun. If you die, your quest doesn't fail. Portal of luck does not set you back at all if you're unlucky - it just doesn't progress the quest. Everything I hated here is gone, all trials are much more dynamic, none are tedious.

I can only guess as to why they nerfed open world farming, but I can assume it is to prevent very powerful people from making... 135g per minute, and thus driving inflation up, making it much, much harder for new people who can farm at only 30gpm.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:03pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

The new Tka-rik makes it fun to farm for the first few weeks at least (with really decent income too). When you get bored - you can farm by other means, and keep replacing the means of farming to keep it somehow interesting, after all, allods IS the best free mmorpg, at least of this genre, at least if you have enough free time. :D
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:19pm

Diktator

Trainee

trust me...2 days in a row I'm making 20k+ gold per day...
Simply because of double rewards for first win in goblinball and battlegrounds...
Here's also tka rik and koe from where u can also get some nice gold like from goblinball...
Maze is also nice if you find good group...many ways to get gold now...not just by farming mobs like a robot :D

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:24pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Or.... yeah, all ways at once for a heavy varied daily gold-farm routine :D You go Diktaator!

P.S. You require to have holidays or a day off to make 20k+ per day. Just a heads up.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:26pm

Oh, and one more thing - if you don't have greatness, it is actually viable to farm EoGs from Cave of Tka-Rik, considering how much faster it is and that you're earning good gold while earning the EoGs.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 4th 2014, 5:56pm

many ways to get gold now...not just by farming mobs like a robot :D

But that was MY FAVOURITE way ;(

Friday, July 4th 2014, 7:12pm

I have no idea how AOPLAYER farmed at 135 gpm. .

Friday, July 4th 2014, 7:40pm

koe is a joke with that wound speed

i recommend killing MAX 2 or 3 mobs at the same time, better only one by one

how are you going to buy cash shop stuff now, right? :O

as i always did.... selling things on auction house
i only farmed rugularly when i was very new to allods

I won't say so. I think, farming Gold now becames a bit more varied; you got some options now for farming gold. Whether it is in the KoE, TkaRik or even BG's which gives you dobule rewards if your faction wins the first game at a day.

Personally I've to test what of these options is the best for me, maybe makes some fun, and eventually brings more than this Ama-Quest.

i think it IS more efficient than amalgamQ

you can get much more gold now...

actually not but if the exchange rate will go down it maybe become somehow equal - we will see

And yep hopefully exchange will drop so I can make use of this gold

-> exactly that

but allods is best f2p mmo you will be ok)

you are totally right here

Allods is best f2p MMO.
I have no idea how AOPLAYER farmed at 135 gpm. I could only achieve that for about 10 minutes if I got lucky, but then it would drop down to an average of 40gold per minute, which I could sustain for an hour - that's 2,4k gold per hour. Not too bad, and as a warrior, I enjoyed it.
Yes, open world farming got hugely nerfed. About 1 in 5 foxes in Umoir now drops loot. Hm... that indeed is bad. So how do we make gold now? :o

Well, the answer is... oddly enough - Cave of Tka-Rik. 20 souls can be farmed in 30-40 minutes. They get you 1819 gold. 3638g/hour and nobody interferes. Almost every trial has an option to drop a demonic spark with 90-100% certainty. Test of Speed? When you get 10 stacks, instead of going in the middle, continue running around, get 20 stacks - demonic spark. Now the energy orbs in this trial give you speed boost, it is very fast to get 20 stacks. Awakening? Don't kill the little demons, let the one in the middle get to 10 stacks and kill it - demonic spark. Orbs of Greed is almost guaranteed to drop a demonic spark, along with 100g (although now it is 10g per orb). Demon hunt - don't finish the trial after the 3rd wave, go for the 4th and you get a spark.

Not only that Cave of Tka-Rik now is good gold, but they made it actually fun. If you die, your quest doesn't fail. Portal of luck does not set you back at all if you're unlucky - it just doesn't progress the quest. Everything I hated here is gone, all trials are much more dynamic, none are tedious.

I can only guess as to why they nerfed open world farming, but I can assume it is to prevent very powerful people from making... 135g per minute, and thus driving inflation up, making it much, much harder for new people who can farm at only 30gpm.

tka rik cave is extremely rewarding and great now
i think beside from skirmishes this is the best way to gather amalgam in a fast way

when the old version was here there was an abnormally high spawnrate of rabbits in umoir if you took the reputation quest
unlike with the foxes they all were in a small radius
as a bard it was possible to farm them all at once with moving only 5meters to left and 5 to right while making aoe attacks; or even let out 3 rabbits aside and stand still all the time; i did not even had to target the rabbits
so basically the typical pulling was not persent and it was only slaughtering
since there ware so many rabbits the chance of getting a valuable drop (like a piece of gear or even a meany goblin) was MUCH higher, also it was somehow stable since in alomost every full bag which i sold was at least one rare piece of gear
now, when doubleloot was my 135gold/minute got increased by ~40%, but as soon as other farmers disturbed me the g/m was even worse than it was without x2 loot
however, since i was persistent, most gave up after some time and i had the rabbits for me along again for most of the time :P
i made ~80k gold in just a few hours of pressing 12121212 while watching movies
i had only to watch the game for selling the loot

the other thing, which was nearly the same, were the lynxes on the tekyan allod
they had the advantage that nobody could disturb the farmer
pulling one lynx often made the other 2 attack too so also very low effort in pulling

...so i hope this explains everything regarding high-value farming, which is now no longer possible in that way

there is valuable info in it, i did not know some of these things
thanks for sharing!

after all, allods IS the best free mmorpg, at least of this genre, at least if you have enough free time

very accurate
time is critical for a proper progress in allods

Simply because of double rewards for first win in goblinball and battlegrounds...
Here's also tka rik and koe from where u can also get some nice gold like from goblinball...
Maze is also nice if you find good group...many ways to get gold now...not just by farming mobs like a robot

this seems to be that what most ppl enjoy
while i enjoyed "robotlike" farming often most ppl did NOT
the best thing is that its still possible to do "robotfarming"

thankfully its at least still possible to do so :)
however mob by mob is not as satisfying as it was to kill multiple mobs simultaneously :S
those mobs in KOE drop like 4,5 gold each
3 at the same time are possible, with better gear maybe even more
however killing them before they get their buff is important

Friday, July 4th 2014, 10:01pm

I've had a character at 60 for about a month (a healer) and I can't face even ONE mob in KoE, so don't talk about "farming" it as a possibility for new players, please.

And for the first time in my life, I have to agree with something

ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER
says: I do not want some fun and varied and dynamic way to make gold. I can play Candy Crush, thank you very much: I want a way to farm gold while alone watching a movie, to buy better equip for group activities with friends. If I have to actually pay attention to something repetitive, every day for weeks and months before I could buy the things I want, I think I'll simply change game.
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peldrigal" (Jul 4th 2014, 10:14pm)

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 12:11am

reeah19

Intermediate

mindless farming was fun for me too :)), now in koe if i pull like in 4.0 i die in an instant ( max i can farm are 2 at a time because 3 get me to 100% wound in like 5 sec lol ), i agree that tk rik is pretty rewarding but i get bored, and it doesnt give mats for crafting like farming mobs did

even farming wellebell got extincted and it used to give 3k-4k per hour while doing quests for glyphs too

for a new player is impossible to be f2p at this point - less new players-less publicity-less potentially clients to fill up
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 11:48am

thankfully its at least still possible to do so :)
however mob by mob is not as satisfying as it was to kill multiple mobs simultaneously :S
those mobs in KOE drop like 4,5 gold each
3 at the same time are possible, with better gear maybe even more
however killing them before they get their buff is important

I don't know what do you mean by "before they get their buff". If you talk about their self-healing, it's just plain consequence of bloodlust stat.

For example, if I just use Mental Twin on a mob and start attacking, it will heal like crazy because it's constantly hitting and the Twin takes much increased damage. If you just pulse and 80%-slow choke the mob or let it hit you with your Astral Body up, it won't heal at all.

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 1:19pm

Pulling packs in KoE is not a good idea. 1 by 1 is much better, unless you can oneshot aoe them. When a mob dies, it will heal the others you have pulled. They also buff each other with some rage, that is the cause of the heals they get from bloodlust - it's simply because they get damage boost.

Sunday, July 6th 2014, 3:28pm

I don't know what do you mean by "before they get their buff"

they get the anger buff which increases damage, anger and bloodlust, it the symbol of this head in red and orange colors
there is a (very) short timewindow before they get it, if you aoe properly with a strong char it works
additionally to the bloodlust heal there is another heal i have seen on some mobs, it looks like the heal that you recive from a healer

otherwise this:
1 by 1 is much better, unless you can oneshot aoe them.