You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 5:28pm

Downloading the game and wanting to know some stuff

Hey everyone.

I got some questions about this game, how is the balance between the F2P players and P2P players. I don't mind paying really, but can I survive pretty well as a free player? and If I am going to pay, what exactly do I buy that will truly benefit me (can you provide links as well).

and how is the game overall. I need your reviews cause I feel I might dedicate myself and my time to this game.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 5:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 6:05pm

f2p is more like pay to win but there's a high population on this server (you have to pay to get more % damage and % def booster, that we call runes, you have to pay to get patronage 5 that increase you damage by 250% (patronage 4 is free and we only get 200% damage), you have to pay to obtain mount, extra rubies and talents (to your skill tree), extra stat points (to be more powerful, f2p server you only has 10 stat points, the other 10 you have to buy from others players or get from gambling boxes if the event is running, and p2p server you already has 20 stat points), extra earring slot (you only get one earring slot at f2p server, the other you have yo buy from players if they have it, or try gambling boxes to get one, but it's really hard and you'll have to spend a lot of money, at p2p server you already have this extra legendary earring slot too - this extra legendary earring slot is kind rare on f2p server, like the others stuff such as all stat points, all rubies, all talent points, they are all given by opening gambling boxes, it's hard to obtain all and the event have to be running to have the chance to obtain), so, you can see f2p is very p2w, and you have to buy a tons of others stuff that we got on p2p server, like lootpet, mounts....
p2p is very well balanced server, don't have to buy all this stuff from p2w server, but the population are lacking

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 6:31pm

Well. the population is a very important matter to me so I suppose I'll stick to the free to play server and perhaps invest some money there if the game got me hooked.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 7:05pm

Xaraman

Trainee

If you have at least €10 to spend every month, then I'd recommend the p2p server. But as has been said, the only problem with that is the population.

The problem with the f2p(p2w) is that even with the best of intentions, if you are competitive, you will start to spend a lot more than €10 per month once you get to endgame.

Wednesday, July 9th 2014, 7:43pm

If you have at least €10 to spend every month, then I'd recommend the p2p server. But as has been said, the only problem with that is the population.

The problem with the f2p(p2w) is that even with the best of intentions, if you are competitive, you will start to spend a lot more than €10 per month once you get to endgame.

Competitive needs a definition. Because in Allods, the ability to kill players in 1v1 means absolutely nothing.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 11th 2014, 12:32am

Xaraman

Trainee

Well,

IMHO, competitive-allods style would to be a member of one of the top 10 guilds on the dominion ladder and also doing Eclipse raids and completing them (Usually the same guilds you see on the domi ladder). This is what endgame is about. The random instances like BGs/JC/MI/KoE are just PvP farming zones and the pvp there can be so dynamic (team balancing) that it really means nothing compared to endgame.

If you just enjoy pvp or pve and aren't pushed about "being the best", then that's fine and a lot of the f2p players do that knowing full well that they probably won't be accepted into the ranks of those guilds (slower at gearing, lowish runes, few CS items etc). But if you have a competitive mindset and want in to some of those top 10 guilds, you're probably going to have to pay a lot more than the €10 per month for the p2p.

Note, there are always exceptions to this. But they are generally in a minority of players.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 7:45pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Well,

IMHO, competitive-allods style would to be a member of one of the top 10 guilds on the dominion ladder
Ranked 22 in Dom.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 8:07pm

Well,

IMHO, competitive-allods style would to be a member of one of the top 10 guilds on the dominion ladder and also doing Eclipse raids and completing them (Usually the same guilds you see on the domi ladder). This is what endgame is about. The random instances like BGs/JC/MI/KoE are just PvP farming zones and the pvp there can be so dynamic (team balancing) that it really means nothing compared to endgame.

This is completely viable for free. All it would take is knowing what you're doing.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 11th 2014, 9:49pm

Well,

This is completely viable for free. All it would take is knowing what you're doing.

For free? yes. Casually? with money investment - yes. For free AND Casually? HELL NO.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 12:23am

For free? yes. Casually? with money investment - yes. For free AND Casually? HELL NO.

this sums it up pretty well

in allods, you can "buy time" with money, so if you play only casually you can catch up for paying

however if you play regularly without any money you will be in one line with the majority of those who are playing there

only very few players invest huge amounts of time AND money

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 1:19am

Guza

Intermediate

Competitive needs a definition. Because in Allods, the ability to kill players in 1v1 means absolutely nothing.

New KoE has 1 on 1 fights =p

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 8:59am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Well,

You also have to remember you are an older player so your runes themselves have probably been done or almost done before the exchange came along and the rates of buying cc's were almost 2:1 if you knew the right people. Getting a full set of 7's which is what, if you are lucky the bare minimum that the a few of the top guilds may let you in is going to cost a hell of a lot more now then before this last patch. It takes 50 or 55 cc's to make a lvl 2 rune at their suggested place setting.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 9:56am

However, CCs were changed and 1 old cc is 12 new ccs. It used to be 10 ccs to make a lvl 2 rune at the default, now it is 55 instead of 120 ccs.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 4:20pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

However, CCs were changed and 1 old cc is 12 new ccs. It used to be 10 ccs to make a lvl 2 rune at the default, now it is 55 instead of 120 ccs.

Point is Biro, CC's cost way more now no matter how you get it. So there is no sense in comparing you getting runes then to new people getting runes now. They may seem cheaper now but with the fact that you have to use more it still costs

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 5:48pm

Well,

Casuals are irrelevant to competition. I am a casual, I don't claim myself to be a competitive player. I play to collect costumes and mounts more so than to be on any top list. Casual and competitive are mutually exclusive. You do not see casuals competing on the Olympics. Competitiveness requires devotion and casualness is the lack of this devotion.

@Amber - I did some quick calculations and the only reason runes are more expensive now is the removal of the bags of crystal chips. If I don't count them, runes are actually cheaper now. I have some hope those bags will come back someday, but they were never originally a part of the game. Instead, they were something gpotato introduced on their own volition. RU never had them. Even still, the increase in cost of runes isn't that big and with the amount of gold that is easily available now, upgrading them is not a big problem.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 6:16pm

Casuals are irrelevant to competition. I am a casual, I don't claim myself to be a competitive player. I play to collect costumes and mounts more so than to be on any top list. Casual and competitive are mutually exclusive. You do not see casuals competing on the Olympics. Competitiveness requires devotion and casualness is the lack of this devotion.

I am under the impression "casual" means more or less a player who invests little time and is not a person playing consistently almost every day over a longer period of time.

If it means something else, please enlighten me.

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 9:08am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Well,

@Amber - I did some quick calculations and the only reason runes are more expensive now is the removal of the bags of crystal chips. If I don't count them, runes are actually cheaper now. I have some hope those bags will come back someday, but they were never originally a part of the game. Instead, they were something gpotato introduced on their own volition. RU never had them. Even still, the increase in cost of runes isn't that big and with the amount of gold that is easily available now, upgrading them is not a big problem.

Not everyone mindlessly Grinds Biro. Next time I am in the game I will have to do some testing of my own.

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 5:57pm

But you don't need to grind now, especially with the massive nerf to farming that made it simply an useless endeavor. I consider 5.01 a very good patch. Probably the first patch in Allods history that was entirely centered around making the game more fun.

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 11:49pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Quoted

....Probably the first patch in Allods history that was entirely centered around making the game more fun.

Please explain yourself?

I'm not being facetious, I really want to know. It's just I know you as a completely free to play player who farms a lot. So for you to say what you just said is a bit unusual, considering the game is getting more and more expensive to play.

Rate this thread