You are not logged in.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 5:46pm

Xaraman

Trainee

No, there are still 2 types of currency; crystals and premium crystals. Premium crystals bind anything you buy to your char.

I thought the exchange only supplied premium crystals. If not, then you should be able to farm your sub time on the p2w.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 9:51pm

Yes, you can farm on f2p to buy subscription.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 10:31pm

giving players the choice to FARM for payserver is a GREAT idea since it will make it possbile to play there as a dedicated free player
also, this takes away the "if i dont pay money i can never play again" feeling

who ever decided this is WISE and i am sure all those which wanted to play on payserver but did not want due to the need of $ can now play without any hesitation :)

i really like this decision since EVERY player should be happy now! :)

i also think thre will be no threath for the exchange rate here, since it does not matter whether a few players exchange for shopitems or playtime

Friday, July 11th 2014, 10:52pm

That doesn't include me because I don't have a lvl 60 char on f2p (because I'm originally from allods of another country that didn't merge with NA/EU servers). I only made char on gpotato allods when p2p server was up, so...

I think this option should be available on p2p server too (some others games -that I can't mention- there's this option to pay with gold), logging in f2p just to farm and farm and farm doesn't seem very nice, I mean, they play on p2p but they spend 3hours per day farming on f2p? lols, it's better to pay the monthly subscription instead of that...but ya, who has char on f2p can still sell their valuables there...who has the guts to farm everyday 2,3,4 chars just to pay one month of subscription? this person will probably soon or later say to himself "screw this, i'm going to play on f2p because i'm spending so much time here just to buy one month os subs..." or "screw this, i'm going to pay with my credit card instead of doing that everyday, ain't got time for that!"

Friday, July 11th 2014, 11:25pm

I was thinking about this and in the end I think it is a broken system. Naturally, there will be many abusing it - introducing gold and taking crystals out of the f2p server economy, making it harder and harder for new players to enjoy the game on f2p, while they pay for their subscription.

Currently, when someone buys crystals from currency exchange, they sure introduce gold and take out crystals, but they are still around to play, for parties, battlegrounds, etc. The value is still there. This system would make it so that the value of crystals goes up only to reduce the population on the free server.

Right now, this system may be beneficial for the subscription server, but ultimately will cause problems. It's not only that - the fact that people will play for free on the subscription is also a problem in itself. The free server has great monetization options and subscription has only... subscription. This has the potential to create a place where one server pays for both servers, while suffering greatly for doing so. The free server will become like a Jesus.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 11th 2014, 11:36pm

I don't think it's a "system". I think it's an unfortunate mistake that My.com didn't see happening for some reason. Pretty sure it was unintended, because on RU servers there's no such option.

Also I think it's severely screwed up situation :S

Friday, July 11th 2014, 11:48pm

Guza

Intermediate

To be honest, p2p server is not worth the trouble to grind gold on a f2p server for it.
If it was server wouldnt be so empty when they had months and months of free subscription.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 12:31am

i dont think that many players will make / use a char on normal server just to make gold for paying for payserver

i see it more like a failsafe for the case you cannont pay because of some reason (or you dont want to pay at all and rather farm for it, but this one will be VERY rare)

most players will rather pay 8$ instread of farming this amount ....

also, without proper care taken on a char it will be VERY hard to farm these amounts; and once you have a char at the state to farm properly you dont want to go to payserver anyway :P

----> only very, very exceptional cases will farm the payserver-fee with a farmingchar

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 12:39am

also, without proper care taken on a char it will be VERY hard to farm these amounts; and once you have a char at the state to farm properly you dont want to go to payserver anyway :P

I do have ^^
That's more than enough for farming, but in any serious endgame activity I'd be thrown around like a rag doll.
I've always enjoyed grinding, it's all bought with farmed gold and some contest prizes.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 12th 2014, 12:53am)

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 2:09am

I do have ^^
That's more than enough for farming, but in any serious endgame activity I'd be thrown around like a rag doll.
I've always enjoyed grinding, it's all bought with farmed gold and some contest prizes.

thats nice, it looks similar to my stats
what do you count as serious endgame activity?
with this you can participate in battlegrounds and have fun in new KOE a LOT, i can say for sure since i have nearly every day for hours :)

do you plan to farm the payserver-crystals? :P

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 2:32pm

what do you count as serious endgame activity?

On the PvP side: Battlegrounds, AoD, Anomalous Sector, June Catacombs, Melting Isle, Dominion.

do you plan to farm the payserver-crystals? :P

I don't know, p2p server is completely devoid of players, but I am well aware this kind of thinking is exactly what makes it this way.

What's really getting on my nerves is that I made my build for AoE and they pretty much killed that off :S
Everything worthwhile is now single target and it sucks so much without reduced mana cost and cast time on Mental Link. It drives me nuts, and respec is freaking expensive.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 12th 2014, 2:40pm)

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 3:21pm

Full 7s are quite sufficient on f2p, Dala. Currently, you outrune the majority of the population. :S
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 4:02pm

Full 7s are quite sufficient on f2p, Dala. Currently, you outrune the majority of the population. :S

I don't have patronage 5, also what really bothers me is that respec cost is 4x as much on f2p as on p2p. They really should lower the water of death cost to like 80-100 crystals.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 5:09pm

Diktator

Trainee

I don't have patronage 5, also what really bothers me is that respec cost is 4x as much on f2p as on p2p. They really should lower the water of death cost to like 80-100 crystals.

on some games you can respec for free...or really low ammount of some currency...yep this is just expensive

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 8:48pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

yep this is just expensive

Nope. This is just stupid. Free respec or double spec is more and more considered a standard in mmo games.
But Allods ? Ha! Go do for a 3 month quest to just have a 2nd build which will allow You a comfortable gameplay the way You enjoy most and at thesame time stay usefull for pt or guild, why ? cause fk YOU, that's why ^_^
Well this is a russian game, clearly made to appeal to that particular nation so don't expect any common sence.
If allods ever wants to be good in the "west" it should be developed by an independent company both content and business model wise.
Sad but true -.-