You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 2:27am

So with wraith this is very OP lol, Precast Comet, zoom by, cast comet, unmounts, makes you invis(comets already gone) and you instantly mount back up and blink away
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:08am

Kissaki

Trainee

Just delete mage and problem solved.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:28am

As a mage myself, I can say that it would be the other way around, if mages would go into combat , once they threw their icy comet. Since then the icy comet would fly around for 10 seconds and possibly will be kited the whole time and do no dmg at all. This would give an advantage for the enemy player since the mage then would be 10 seconds in combat without dealing any damage.
I don't think it's really an advantage, since the icy comet, as said before, can be kited and deal no dmg at all.

This is a ridiculous argument. You're basically saying that Icy Comet shouldn't put you into combat because you want to lead off with it. That's like saying that you as a mage should stand there and do nothing while I walk up to you and hit you with Entangling Chains because I might miss otherwise. In reality, if I don't want you to avoid my attacks, I would have to use Immobilize to slow you, or Strike of Justice to close the gap and knock you down.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 12:10pm

This is how it's always been intended for spells with travel time. Comet is probably the slowest moving projectile in Allods and gives the caster a huge window of time to cast it from max range and then mount up. I bet you could do the same thing with Double shot since it has an incredible range and considerable travel time. It would suck to be locked into combat trying to dismount a player with comet for them to just outrun it on their mount while you're stuck in combat unable to pursuit for that few seconds in combat. Why should you be in combat when you haven't affected the targeted player whatsoever in the combat log? This is simple mechanic of the game and if it were really such a problem Dev's would of looked into it by now ( or maybe Dev's really do love mages too much to remove this QoL lol ). Travel time may have it's moment of anger like what OP is saying, but it gives players time to react to use certain spells and abilities like bubble,flash/Ecto Form/etc.

Imagine if they sped up the travel time on comet or made it practically instant connect to sync up with combat mode. You'd literally have less to no time to react to a nuke spell. Now, wouldn't that be worse?

So with wraith this is very OP lol, Precast Comet, zoom by, cast comet, unmounts, makes you invis(comets already gone) and you instantly mount back up and blink away
I like to call it the stealth bomber ;D . No but seriously, this one right here is what i thought the thread was going to be about. This whole mage drive-by thing is pretty and hilariously broken.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cinquleur" (Jul 18th 2014, 9:30am)

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 1:36pm

I think it's only fair that if you throw a spell to somebody, you have to go into fight mode. If the mage wants to run away, there is spells for that, flash, portal...in any way he should be able to mount, especially in Allods,when you know that mount are not just mount, they are are to kill, have spells etc...

And yes, maybe there is other spells, but I can't think of any that put you in this situation, when you can throw it, have the time to mount and leave (or maybe the mage trap ? But it's kind of a joke :p )

Only a mage would desagree with that (but I can understand that^^)

Anyway, it's not that much of a big deal, I personally never been in this situation, so I don't really mind, but still it makes sense.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 3:18am

This is how it's always been intended for spells with travel time. Comet is probably the slowest moving projectile in Allods and gives the caster a huge window of time to cast it from max range and then mount up. I bet you could do the same thing with Double shot since it has an incredible range and considerable travel time. It would suck to be locked into combat trying to dismount a player with comet for them to just outrun it on their mount while you're stuck in combat unable to pursuit for that few seconds in combat. Why should you be in combat when you haven't affected the targeted player whatsoever in the combat log? This is simple mechanic of the game and if it were really such a problem Dev's would of looked into it by now ( or maybe Dev's really do love mages too much to remove this QoL lol ). Travel time may have it's moment of anger like what OP is saying, but it gives players time to react to certain spells and abilities like bubble,flash/Ecto Form/etc.

Imagine if they sped up the travel time on comet or made it practically instant connect to sync up with combat mode. You'd literally have less to no time to react to a nuke spell. Now, wouldn't that be worse?

i totally agree with this post
and yes, doubleshot can do the same thing
even warriors arrow can do that

Only a mage would desagree with that (but I can understand that^^)

from a subjective POV i also disagree with that
i play mage very rarely

Sunday, August 3rd 2014, 2:04am

Lets hear the excuses for why this is not broken:

Sunday, August 3rd 2014, 2:19am

Lets hear the excuses for why this is not broken:
*grabs more popcorn 8)

Sunday, August 3rd 2014, 2:30am

Pochtron

Intermediate

I have an idea : reduce damage from icy comet by 50%. No more drama.

*hides under a rock*

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 7:47am

Yulian

Intermediate

Reduce DMG? Where's that rock let me pulverize it! How cna you say that? You want to die? Anyway what's so bad about mages? In mmo tradition mages are meant to be very powerfull and have powerfull spells...( I'm saying this cus I'm a mage) Anyway yes if you find a OP mage with gear, runes and glyphs... your dead...(unless you have them too). Anyway guys do not despair! Anyone remember paladin in OB when he could reduce any amount of dmg? Can he do it now? NO! So just give them time... :thumbsup:

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 8:29am

mages are really far apart from OP... if the comet onehits you there is something wrong with your gear or items or both ...

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 9:24am

Yulian

Intermediate

Ye, as I said just give them time, by tradition of allods we might get more than we bargained for...

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 11:32am

A mage with proper build/stats will wreck about anyone who is even close to gear with them unless they are a warden or fullhealer (even then full healer can be killed with a bit of timing) In every MMO that I have played never have I been in a game that allows a class to have the damage absorption that a mage has. It is stupid and very far unbalanced. The damage in combination of the barriers is pretty unbalanced, if the damage was reduced even a little bit it would help it out.

Regardless, mages hit way too hard for having as much survivability as they do. The one saving grace to fighting a mage is if you are lucky you can dispel stone barrier and kill them before they put up reflections and just dance around while your hits do nothing and they have full reign on your ass.
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 2:23pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Yes Ryan, I agree they do have great dmg absortion abilities if only the mages times them right... And yes they can be pretty powerfull but... I'm lvling areinc mage for this reason, therefore understand that I wouldn't really want mages to get a little nerf just after I reach max lvl and start getting some gear...
Anyway it can't be your fighting EXPERIENCED mages who kick your ass everyday, no?

Oh and stop talking about ice comet it's fine the way it is now it doesn't need anything

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 2:52pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Oh and stop talking about ice comet it's fine the way it is now it doesn't need anything
No it's not.

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 3:26pm

Resha

Intermediate

Do physical damages put into combat when they miss?
Drood retraité !

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 4:40pm

Guza

Intermediate

When u cast a spell u are initiating combat becuz u cant cancel that spell once its casted.
Its a broken mechanic, especially with all these new op mounts.

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 6:04pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Yes it is Hclftw!

Tuesday, August 5th 2014, 6:43pm

A mage with proper build/stats will wreck about anyone who is even close to gear with them unless they are a warden or fullhealer (even then full healer can be killed with a bit of timing)

yes, but EVERY class in DPS aspect (except engineer now) with proper build /stats will wreck any onther
its maybe more obvious in the case of mages, but in reality this applies to EVERY class

Quoted from "Yulian"

i totally agree here :thumbup: