You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 3:35pm

IAmGroot

Professional

• "IAmGroot" started this thread

I thought this was quite comical

I found this hilarious comic strip on imgur and thought some of you might find some comedy in it.

The gallery is titled:
game developers nowadays *cough* ea *cough*

Link to gallery:
http://imgur.com/gallery/GEV2quY

Wednesday, July 16th 2014, 4:20pm

Nice. I'll admit, somewhat red-facedly,(*) to having paid for early access to one game. I got to participate in the open beta events and also in the three-day early access time. Yes, of course they were having us pay for the right to test their game, but I treated it as a case of paying for an extended preview, and also the chance to see how it evolved during beta testing.

(*) When I say that the game's name might be abbreviated GW2, you might understand why the red face. They had the most gorgeously beautiful graphics I've seen in a MMORPG, a strong background story, and some interesting mechanics. However, the ease by which you can level up to the cap *without ever leaving the starting areas* felt a bit wrong, and the effective level caps by zone meant that your character was always struggling with powerful foes in whatever area he went into, which made all parts of the main story a source of stress. In Allods, if I have difficulty with a particular area, but cannot find anyone to help, I simply do something else for a couple (or more if necessary) of levels and then I can come back to overpower the hard bit. And if I'm feeling in that sort of mood, my L60 can stomp through XAES just for the fun of splattering everything, something you can't do in GW2.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.