You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 2:06pm

Star Shower

Here you can discuss about the Pscionics Event Star Shower

Quoted

Star Shower is the time when skies are crossed with shooting stars, when the future and the past are tangling, when Psionicists subdue the Fate and make it follow their will.

So if you are a Psionicists and need to look your best while you practice breaking the minds of others, just head to the Holiday Committee Officials in your capital cities. They offer useful equipment such as Goggles of Mental Defense or Psychoanalyst.

If you are already an experienced and skilful Psionicists : Don’t worry! The Officials have something in store for you as well: Turn your inside Psionicist out with the Dreamcatcher's Outfit!

The event starts on July 17, 2014 and ends on July 24, 2014. Happy Psionicist Day!

Your Allods Team
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 10:00pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Can You change the name of this event ?
Cause after what happened tooday it is kinda in very bad taste, especially concerning russian origin of Allods (...)

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:10pm

Cause after what happened tooday it is kinda in very bad taste, especially concerning russian origin of Allods (...)

this event absolutely has NOTHING to do with reallife happenings :S

btw i like these vanitys
the glasses which make it look like you are under perma-cc are great for driving enemys(and somtimes even teammates) in BG crazy :P

Thursday, July 17th 2014, 11:58pm

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:38am

If you refer to the meteorites that have fallen in Russia quite some time ago, there is a reference to that - Hat of the Last Hour from Prophetic Cards. And why bad taste? Don't think anyone was hurt or anything was damaged.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 7:44am

I think Spinecrawler means the airplane which crashed in the Ucraine. The US believe it has been shot by Russia. 300 victims, all just normal travelers and Crew members...
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Friday, July 18th 2014, 9:22am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Yes. I ment the "crash". And yes it has been shot down probably mistaken for military craft, lets skip by who. So, this "star shower" ... well i know it has nothing to do with real life events but ... yea...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spinecrawler" (Jul 18th 2014, 9:28am)

Friday, July 18th 2014, 9:56am

While the events of yesterday was a major tragedy, and my thoughts are with the family of the victims..

I fail to see any possible connection between the event name (star shower = meteor shower) and how it could have any connection between that and an airplane crash (at the time of writing this, the only thing we KNOW is that it was a crash, everything else, whether it was shot down, and who did it is entirely speculation at this point).

As for the fact Allods is a Russian game.. Thats like looking at any major world event, finding a possible bad guy nation and claiming everything coming out of that Nation is to blame and shouldn't be allowed. Thats on a par as saying to someone "you speak German, so you must be German there for you are not welcome here due to X event done by unrelated people of the same (or assumed) nationality!)

If the plane was indeed shot down, then the only people who DESERVE to be blamed are those directly involved, i.e those that did it, or those that ordered it. To blame anyone else, especially an entire nation, is entirely unfair!
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Friday, July 18th 2014, 10:58am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

If the plane was indeed shot down, then the only people who DESERVE to be blamed are those directly involved, i.e those that did it, or those that ordered it. To blame anyone else, especially an entire nation, is entirely unfair!
Thumps up to that! That's one thing causing a lot of problems in the world.. blaming the whole nation just because couple ppl from it may have done something really bad. Lets not forget majority of the people in such nations are just like you and me. If someone did something, the investigators do their best to find out and then brings the possible bad guys into justice.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:30pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I don't blame anyone (yet). This happened near russian border, investigation will probably be carried by russian administration cause of so called "separatists" gave them black boxes so associating Russia with this events is inevitable and allods is russian game so imagine after You herd/seen this news You open up Allods forum and see "STAR SHOWER" >.> . I just wanted to point out that name "star shower" could be seen bad by someone directly or indirectly involved in this tragedy. That's all. No offence intended.

ps. You are right. The only ones that should be blamed are the ones who pulled the trigger.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:39pm

Nemesis

Trainee

What does this costume event has with airplane accident ?

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:55pm

Nothing, Nemesis. :)

The event is called Star Shower in Russia as well I believe and it has had this name since it was created. Spinecrawler, no need to bring modern pseudo-sensitivity here. It is so disconnected, it almost looks like you're looking for a reason to be pseudo-sensitive here. This behavior is killing the internet and modern culture, man. Look - it's the same thing that gave birth to Anita Sarkeesian and the lunacy that goes on on tumblr and Sweden. Meteor showers have nothing to do with planes. You should also keep in mind that Russians are very insensitive people.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:57pm

Nemesis

Trainee

That costume looks ugly on male char :/ but cute on female :D

Friday, July 18th 2014, 3:30pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Oh belive me or not but i am in no way butthurt by this name of event, i know that it was not intentional and purely coincidential . To tell the truth I'm known for my weird, sick, black, trollish and politically-incorect sense of humor. Still .. cmon, i see news, airplane was shot down at 10 kilometers above ground by AA rocket, 300 ppl dead, "it's fked up - I think", I turn around and go to my comp, I open up browser to start my standard internet shelude, go to my favorite forum ;) and see a freaking star shower. Something like that i would expect on other internet page. I won't say which one but it has something to do with letter "4".

Friday, July 18th 2014, 4:18pm

Diktator

Trainee

Quoted

Still .. cmon, i see news, airplane was shot down at 10 kilometers
above ground by AA rocket, 300 ppl dead, "it's fked up - I think"
Yes media loves to make up things just for publicity...
I mean how do they know that it was shot down,when and how it was shot down?

Yes it's probably true but look at this bulls**t

Quoted

" Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chairman of the House Committee on
Homeland Security, said the passenger jet “was caught in the crossfire”
between Ukraine and anti-government rebels and “was shot down by
Russians,” who are supporting the rebels."
"It was caught in the crossfire between Ukraine and anti-goverment rebels" and they know it was shot down by Russians...

I mean cmon clearly they hate Russia and they are using media just to blame it for something.

This thread anyways went far off-topic
Name of this thread has nothing to do with that plane...