You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 1:14am

Jinxed

Intermediate

• "Jinxed" started this thread

linux

Is there going to be a download for allods, for those who use linux?
Jinxed-level 60

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jinxed" (Jul 18th 2014, 4:45am)

Friday, July 18th 2014, 3:11am

did you mean "linux" ?

i dont think there will be

but you can use linux, use some emulator, emulate windows, and play allods if you like

Friday, July 18th 2014, 4:45am

Jinxed

Intermediate

how do i do that?
Jinxed-level 60

Friday, July 18th 2014, 7:59am

At www.winehq.org you'll find all the information you could want and more...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 8:01am

Of course that includes the fact that Allods 5.X doesn't work under Wine...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 11:56am

Why anyone would use linux is a shock to me. Was so happy to get that trash off my computer when I let a friend put it on O_o
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, July 18th 2014, 12:23pm

First, linux rocks. These forums are powered by it too.

Secondly, you can install allods on wine, it s tricky and you might have some problems with downloading the game, but with some tweaking it will run fine! Also people have wrongly flagged allods as not working with wine for this version, but that isn't true.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 5:17pm

Why anyone would use linux is a shock to me. Was so happy to get that trash off my computer when I let a friend put it on O_o

BLASPHEMY! X(

The only reason I am keeping the "trash" called Windows on my computer is games, because it's plain worse than Linux for... well... everything that's not rendering 3D graphics.

I absolutely hate how Windows designers planned their system assuming the user is braindead and tried to hide or abstract away so many advanced features.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 6:28pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

thank you for all the help I will work on getting it set up :) So I can join you all again even though I am on P2P lol :thumbsup:
Jinxed-level 60

Friday, July 18th 2014, 7:34pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Wine is tricky with allods cause Launcher crash when you launch it. Last time i tried was 2 years ago. Got a way to bypass launcher and it worked just fine . Now that launcher is needed to launch the game i dont know.

To the one saying Linux is crap , he must know that more than 80% of servers run on a Linux distrib. You can change everything you want on a Linux distrib , you can even create your own from the core (Even tought you need to be a badass in dev)

Windows is the best PC os for games , only because it is the Os 90% of people use. So devs devellop for Windows always , Sometimes for mac , and almost never for Linux. (And Never for Unix :p)
Anger Management - Alaff - Warrior Tank/dps (Now Diseased)
New Horizon - Senior Officer (Out of it)
Sigmar, Warrior Tank , Utopie

League Side ; Alaff , Warrior , Defiance

Friday, July 18th 2014, 8:43pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

I use liunx mint though not ubuntu
Jinxed-level 60

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 1:15am

Jinxed

Intermediate

btw anyone on here good with computers and knowing how to fix them if so pm me thank you
Jinxed-level 60

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 10:23am

Running a windos emulator will not give you the same result as an actual "Windows". the best way if you play pc games and stil "MUST" have Linux is.

Dual Boot. Dual Boot is when you install both Linux & Windows on yoour hardrive, and when you start up you computer, your bios will ask you if you wanna run windows or Linux.

But sience allods is time consuming, you might play alot allods, and then you will mostly spend your time in windows, so just change to an actual windows os might be the easiest ;) .

Running an emulator can caus alot of bugs, witch is annoying in an mmo, and it will consume a bit of your ram that will make everything slower.

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 1:24pm

Running a windos emulator will not give you the same result as an actual "Windows". the best way if you play pc games and stil "MUST" have Linux is.

Wine is not a windows emulator. It is a compatibility layer. Thus if fixed correctly, the game will run in same terms cpu-wise.

Dual boot is an awesome choice indeed for gaming.

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 3:33pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

yeah but i cant get wine to work i dont even know how to get it working, ugh i want to play, i have windows xp as duel boot but it need to be active with a key and i dont have one nor will it let me put a key code in
Jinxed-level 60

Saturday, July 19th 2014, 3:38pm

Launcher worked just fine for me in WINE, it's when I pressed the "Play" button an error occurred. A java module error to be exact.

Sunday, July 20th 2014, 5:55am

Jinxed

Intermediate

well cant get wine to work so it seems I may have to get windows on this computer maybe xp or vista but yeah ugh,
Jinxed-level 60

Rate this thread