You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 6:42pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

• "Spinecrawler" started this thread

This left me speachless.

Oracle, You said it all.

Before we go any further You may want to read this post from Allods Oracle page:

http://allodsoracle.com/i-am-done/#more-3866

If "someone" deletes link above and You are still interested in reading all context of this post, please go visit Allods Oracle internet page (by this time You should know what i'm talking about) and look for a post titled "i-am-done".

To the point:

Allods Online just lost probably one of the most significant supporter. Person who from her free will provided very usefull information for us by translating patch notes, posts, news and everything from russian to english. From my point of view She done more to promote the game than any other action done by devs, oh wait.. there wasn't any :/ She won't continue. Why? Ignorance of Fail.ru and my.com. As allways.

Person who from free will supports Your product and provides very good quality material for game users is something unique and should be prised by game developers. Here ? That person is ignored by company who pays hard cash for thesame thing only to give it out for users broken, unfinished, unpolishen, shitty and disgustingly low quality. My.com and Mail.ru ! Sell this game to some western company! You clearly have NO freakin idea how to run business in western countries. Allods is clearly managed and developed for russian audience and that may be the flaw which is the reason that allods is considered a fail, minority interest title in EU and US. Give this game to somebody else please. In Your hands it will die in west. huh.. or maybe that is the plan? Than keep it and go merge it even more. Pathetic.

What Oracle said was primary reason why I stoped playing allods (posted it some time ago):

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…1739&highlight=

I'm nobody and You may not find me as any sort of legitimate source of constructive criticisim or reason to open Your eyes and look beyond fear of loosing everything You got in game (well You got nothing to be precise cause devs can shut your account down the way and time they see fit ^^) but maybe this post from Allods Oracle can help You realise what kind of people You give Your money to, waiting for things to improve. Think about it. Good luck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Spinecrawler" (Jul 23rd 2014, 11:01pm)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:13pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Well that made me tear up a little bit at work.
I'm so sad that Oracle only speaks the truth, but she does.
I hope something drastic happens with the game so we do not lose anyone else as important to this game as Oracle is (was).
I hope she'll come back, I really do.
The playerbase needs someone like her.
The devs/CMs/staff may not think they need her, but they do.

Farewell Oracle. ;(
May the future bring you much happiness.

- HClftw

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:23pm

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:27pm

Hello,

It may be more usefull to answer her post on her blog, so that she can see that players really like her blog and news and translations, and understand that she was not doing that for mail.ru or my.com or even gPotato, but for Allods players :).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:41pm

I kind of agree with what's being said in the referenced post. The whole international version is just more money on the side to the game owners.

It is very likely that the only reason this version exists is the ridiculous effort to profit ratio. They can slap together some shoddy translation and push it here with minimal effort for significant extra income while the Russian version's solid playerbase warrants stable development.

I'd go as far as to say they just don't care about bringing in more players. The addicted minority who is just plain unable to leave the game probably provides them with enough funds to keep this "awesome" quality delivered indefinitely.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 23rd 2014, 7:47pm)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 8:52pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Well , i would say that we all knew about it , that it would be like that , despite promess of better translation , capacity to bring back issues directly to devs etc etc. It is just another Webzen.

Good point is that the game is still here and updating even thougt quality is not at rendez vous.
Bad point is that even if we're directly under Mail.ru they seems to care less than Webzen about us.

Now when i see that they put back sub when there is less than 30players on it , i'm still asking myself if they care about long term
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 9:18pm

Now when i see that they put back sub when there is less than 30players on it , i'm still asking myself if they care about long term

Is there at least enough to clear Tep's Pyramid?

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 12:57am

What do you all expect? That they will invest heavily in ads for a game that already got a bad reputation in the western world? Be realistic. The game Will keep running like it does atm. untill the last player left(be happy about that they didn't shut it down). It's up to the community to raise the playerbase if they want it, since the revenue isn't good enough to support the heavy expense on the marketing needed for allods. The game is great, but it's outdated, even tho I like this look more than the newer ones.

If they want to enter the western succesfully, then they need skyforge to be a succes, not allods.. Hell allods may even get some longer time, since people will look at what other games webzen has to offer.

Also the only reason why webzen bought gpotatoe was because of their publishing rights, and their understanding for the playerbase there(even tho they weren't much better.. No conspiracy(just so i dont get an angry GM message), this has been published by my.com themself. The part that they wanted gpotatoe to be their step into the western market.

Also you players should try to look in the rusian law regarding refunds in videogames, since there is none. Just for your info :)

I will give allods a few more years and be happy with that. The game is old, has given me lots of fun, and i do not mind that I used some real money on the trip! Now don't kill this game off, I believe in many more happy hours! :)

Ps: look at all the new forum posts about people who try to adweb allods! The community hasn't given up, so give it a chance guys. Look bright at the future!

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:53am

Leave it to allods team to ruin yet another great person who just wanted to help. The allods team though has no desire to give us full translated information, they just want to half ass it all like they always have. And it will never change, But regardless. All these will be deleted so the team can keep a illusion of a shiney team -.-; pathetic and horrid.
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ryan9690" (Jul 24th 2014, 4:05am)

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 6:58am

I don't even know where to start. I knew she was upset at the Allods Team, especially the Localisation team. I knew she had health problems and.. well, I knew more than what she posted there. Somehow, I was expecting this. But I was really hoping it won't happen.

We all knew Oracle. Some of us knew her personally, including myself. We talked often. I hold deep respect for her, she did a great job being the Oracle. And even if I understand her situation, I don't totally agree with her. Until recently, I was also disappointed in the Localisation Team for not making a good translation. But I didn't know the reason of the poor translation. As Wraith said, the script that was supposed to tell them what strings to translate was not working. The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files. That's a lot. Whitout the script to tell them what files need to be changed, it would be impossible to correctly translate a patch. Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

The Oracle started being mean towards the team. Not only towards the Localisation team, but towards the whole Allods Team. You can't be upset if a company refuses to hire you. Maybe they already found someone promising. Acusing Wraith that he didn't tell her there was a job opening is not fair game. I'm sure he didn't know. When she asked about joining the Localisation team, Wraith did his best and forwarded this to his superior. There was nothing more that he could do. But still, the Oracle got mad at Wraith and started insulting.

Truth is, both sides are right and wrong at the same time. Considering her health problems, she shouldn't have bothered with the project anymore. As much as I'd like to see Allods Oracle being active again, I'd much rather see her taking care of herself.

If you're still reading this K, you know that I want you to be healthy and safe. That is more important than some game. Any game.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 11:20am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

@Zurion

Ah, if it was so simple as someone got pissed off that didn't get a job he/she wanted.
This carried a massage. Oracle highlighted something. Whatever You do to help Allods Online, devs or so called "Allods Team" won't gieve two sh*ts about You and your work. I'm not talking about GMs, CMs and Moderators here, whos only competence and power is to farward a massage to their superior, I'm talking about that superiors, people who can actually change something and make a decision. They won't care. For them Allods is just another job and only thing they expect from it is that paycheck hopefully arrives as sheluded :/ This is why allods community in UE and US in pretty much non existant. When someone have an idea and tries to promote the game, he/she aproaches a wall of dead silence from devs side which pretty much says: "fk You give me money, but first would You make us this curtuasy and go fk Yourself :) .. with baseball bat ^^ covered in barbwire :> and acid on it :D.. oh and be sure to make a HD movie of it" :/ This is not how You treat players in west, Allods devs =.= You are shooting Yourselves in foot one time after another.

Another thing is as I said before, that Allods is developed and managed by Russians for Russians and nobody else. They won't ever make Allods appealing to western audience cause of diference in mentality and way a person is percepted from company point of view. In western mmorpgs, PR is EVERYTHING. Game is for players not players for the game. In Russia.. well people (players) are allways at the very end of foodchain :< as it allways been. The diference is that we (western audience) will not put up with it. Russians on the other hand are clearly used to fact that they are treated more like objects than human beings and will more likely accept devs decisions that would doom any game in west.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 1:50pm

the russian mentality in this game is MUCH more appealing to me than the mentality of ANY other onlinegame

this is the 1st onlinegame where nearly all decisions that are made are favourable to me

as for allods-oracle: i dont have "insiderinfo" like some here have but from what i read i can only say:
"thanks for running the great website and get well soon!"

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 2:13pm

Oracle is not the only one willing to help improve the translation. There's people who would help out for free, all My.com needs to do is ask. It's like, it will only cost them some time to read through what we've done. It's their prerogative.

It's sad to see Oracle quit, but what's even sadder is her reasons for quitting. I can't really say anything bad about her, considering she has her problems and should focus on taking care of that.

Oh, and let's not forget that once again we are reminded what a huge mistake it was to replace the NA translation of the game with the EU one.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:38pm

If they want to enter the western succesfully, then they need skyforge to be a succes, not allods.. Hell allods may even get some longer time, since people will look at what other games webzen has to offer.

Also the only reason why webzen bought gpotatoe was because of their publishing rights, and their understanding for the playerbase there(even tho they weren't much better.. No conspiracy(just so i dont get an angry GM message), this has been published by my.com themself. The part that they wanted gpotatoe to be their step into the western market.

I don't know why you are referring to Webzen or Gpotato, anything associated with Allods Online is no longer a part of those companies. It's been taken over by My.com which is the western branch of Mail.ru that is also be responsible for publishing of Skyforge (which I don't really care about).

But I didn't know the reason of the poor translation. As Wraith said, the script that was supposed to tell them what strings to translate was not working. The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files. That's a lot. Whitout the script to tell them what files need to be changed, it would be impossible to correctly translate a patch. Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

Oh snap, I did not know that.
In light of those circumstances I take back all I said in my "bashing" post. I was actually hoping a full translation rework is coming to fix Gpotato's mess and it appears that might still be the case.

the russian mentality in this game is MUCH more appealing to me than the mentality of ANY other onlinegame

this is the 1st onlinegame where nearly all decisions that are made are favourable to me

^This 1000000x
New western games suck, but it seems the old (good) mentality didn't utterly die and is still present in other parts of the world (like Russia) :thumbsup:

Oh, and let's not forget that once again we are reminded what a huge mistake it was to replace the NA translation of the game with the EU one.

If My.com is doing what I think they are doing. This will no longer be relevant.

Actually... anyone noticed how the "required conditions" on skill tooltips are finally correct? Or the "interrupted by moving" message has been fixed? Or all the duration stacking information?

With Gpotato we had this ugly:

That's right, MISSING DATA! Two whitespaces instead of the character name.
Not sure if anyone remembers that. If you think Gpotato's translation was better... well you must be blind.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 24th 2014, 4:07pm)

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:00pm

Actually... anyone noticed how the "required conditions" on skill tooltips are finally correct? Or the "interrupted by moving" message has been fixed? Or all the duration stacking information?

With Gpotato we had this ugly:

That's right, MISSING DATA! Two whitespaces instead of the character name.
Not sure if anyone remembers that. If you think Gpotato's translation was better... well you must be blind.

This happened for a bit as well after patch 5.01 :D But it was fixed. And with the patch that we got today, a lot more bad localisations were fixed. I don't know about the warden ruby tree yet, but I think most of the important ones were fixed. Including the chat message that pops up when you upgrade an item (I spent 2 hours making an addon that would fix it, and got it to work last night. Today, when I wanted to publish it, I saw that there was no need for it anymore :) )

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:08pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Quoted

But I didn't know the reason of the poor translation. As Wraith said, the script that was supposed to tell them what strings to translate was not working. The localisation for each language is comprised of aproximately 156 000 files. That's a lot. Whitout the script to tell them what files need to be changed, it would be impossible to correctly translate a patch. Would you stay all day in front of a computer comparing text files?

No, I wouldn't. But mail.ru/my.com staff are being paid. I'd expect them to do that. It is of absolutely no concern to anyone what the problem is. Excuses are moot. Resolution and solution is what matters. They should have fixed it. It's not our problem, especially with the money that is being paid into the game from the Western end.

When we transferred originally, I always gave my.com/mail.ru the benefit of the doubt. It was not an easy time for them. But, this slack approach to the western server is just ongoing. For the people paying a lot of money into the game, it's unacceptable. You wouldn't accept mistakes or faults in other items you buy or use. Why should slack support be acceptable here, especially nearly 5 months into the transfer.

Quoted

New western games suck, but it seems the old (good) mentality didn't utterly die and is still present in other parts of the world (like Russia) :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but the old mentality in MMO is p2p (subscription). When a game goes "f2p" it's all about making more and more profit and nothing else. The game just becomes a hamster wheel of grind and gambling. The players become a commodity, not customers.

Very sad to hear of the Oracle leaving the game (I've left the game too). But if one of the games biggest supporters is gone, it says a lot about the attitude the company are taking towards the playerbase.

Food for thought.

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 5:23pm

I'm sorry, but the old mentality in MMO is p2p (subscription). When a game goes "f2p" it's all about making more and more profit and nothing else. The game just becomes a hamster wheel of grind and gambling. The players become a commodity, not customers.

this was stated not about payment, i meant the ingame mentality

about the way the game is in general: casuals and losers do not get everything without any effort like in so many games nowadays
only those who play and who are willing to learn about the game will prosper

there is a CLEAR and OBVIOUS separation of casuals and enthusiasts...

this affects both severs in allods, payserver and free server

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 7:18pm

MMOs were always about the grind, that's EXACTLY how the p2p server works. It's just a pity it doesn't appeal to nearly enough people today and the server is very empty.

The "old" mentality is all about having to put considerable effort and time into the game to see and experience the content with every player being on equal terms. F2p server kinda fails on this, but p2p does this perfectly.

I guess the new, bad games turned people bad as well. A typical "new generation player" is whine'y, self-entitled and wanting to get everything fast and without effort. This kind of player is the cancer on the videogame industry.

Edits: Holy shit I made a lot of typos, had to edit this post A LOT :D

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 24th 2014, 7:44pm)

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 8:15pm

The comment on western MMOs vs Allods was about how western MMOs are all about instant gratification and Allods/eastern MMOs make you work to get what you want. This is just a better way of making a game you want your players to enjoy every day for multitude of years. Instant gratification works in singleplayer games, or games that you're not supposed to play for over, say 100 hours.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 9:23pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

There is a slight diference between working for something and making it an pain in the a$$ by creating artificial time barriers to prevent someone from geting it too fast even if that person has the potential to do it.

Rate this thread