You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 11:28pm

• "swedishmidget" started this thread

Glyphs, runes, and converting gold and draconic aspect

Hello!
I recently hit lvl 60 and I'm starting to grind gear, it's going slow but steady, however I have a few questions considering glyphs, runes and draconic aspect. So in this thread http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=3986 (is it ok to link other threads?) they discuss the changes in 5.0.2 that is live in Russia right now, one preson mentions how upgrading glyphs will be cheaper in that patch (cinnabar being cheaper) now I'm wondering if it's worth waiting with upgrading my glyphs furthermore before that patch hits (I'm not even running full rare glyphs) or should i just keep upgrading anyways, sidenote: how long does it normally take to localise a patch?
How do i get draconic relics? As far as I'm aware the only way is getting them from battlegrounds adn they are quite expensive and well as I don't have good gear I normally don't play after I've gotten a victory that day. There has to be other ways of getting dracanic armor right?
Converting gold to crystals... why does the prize rise constantly? I mean 55 gold for a crystal to me was already expensive and now we're almost at 65 for a crystal? Someone please explain the price for this, it can't just rise for no reason. There has to be a system right?
As for runes I'm running 5-5-5 5-5-5 and as far as I'm aware that's fine for nowBut with the recent 5.0.1 patch they made upgrading runes more expensive and I would love to upgrade my runes furthermore to atleast 6-6-6 6-6-6 until stopping, now this question is a long shot but does anyone know if they have any intention of making rune upgrading cheaper or more expensive anytime soon (I wouldn't mind 3 crystal chips for 1 crystal allods team)?

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 11:35pm

How do i get draconic relics? As far as I'm aware the only way is getting them from battlegrounds adn they are quite expensive and well as I don't have good gear I normally don't play after I've gotten a victory that day. There has to be other ways of getting dracanic armor right?

The battleground relics are bad, they got useless stat (Anger). Other ways to get relics is from Tep's Pyramid or Eclipse raids. Even though they are lower level (55), the Tep's relics are much better than the battleground ones (60) because of the fact they got Luck instead of Anger.

Converting gold to crystals... why does the prize rise constantly? I mean 55 gold for a crystal to me was already expensive and now we're almost at 65 for a crystal? Someone please explain the price for this, it can't just rise for no reason. There has to be a system right?

It increases when people exchange gold to crystals, it decreases when they exchange crystals to gold.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 30th 2014, 11:42pm)

Wednesday, July 30th 2014, 11:41pm

First off gratz on 60 I just got there recently myself.
As far as your questions.
I believe that glyph upgrading will be cheaper in the near future (Not sure)
as far as waiting to upgrade your glyphs I wouldn't because you can at least upgrade to rare without spending much.
I don't know about how long it will take to localize the patch, sorry I'm not a developer.
If you get enough crystals you can spend it on purification scrolls and buy cursed draconic relics for much cheaper and purify them.
You may want to put in more time to your skirmishes though if you intend to wear the gear.
You will need the rep and its quite a grind if you only do one or a couple a day.
Im not sure about the system but converting to crystals is costly because of the fact that they still need to make money.
And buying crystals with gold takes a lot more time that just buying the crystals.
I'm personally just thankful that there is a currency exchange at all, seeing as it use to not exist.
As far as upgrading your runes more I would get pat 5 before doing that if you havn't.
If you have I would suggest just waiting for a sale on cc (If they still do those) and buy them then.

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 12:01am

crafted gear will give you a gear score of 33k i believe, you cant be worse then some of the people running battleground with astral greens.

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 12:03am

the powers that be promised that since we are now under mail.ru management patches would be released a month or not far after ru gets it. that unfortunately never was implemented. id say we might get 5.2 in september/october if we're lucky

we'll see

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 1:44am

- i recommend waiting uprade glyphs for 5.2, save ~ 30% of costs!
also, glyphs do not change much in dps anyway while gear does a lot!

- exchange gets up because many players get ~ 5000 gold or even more / day and exchange it for crystals (espcially if there is strongbox sale!)

- BG- relics are useless as Dala said, only thing they give which is NOT useless is more HP, but thats so slight its NEVER worth the price! (400 emblems = ~9080 gold! remember, you can exchange these for sign of gold)
also there are NO dragonweapons currently which increase overall dmg.... -> so unless you do raids for relics i recommend skip it (and even raids are theoretically not worth since the time / reward ratio is not good, so raids are only worth if you have fun doing it)

- runes 6-6-6 / 6-6-6 is possible without problems if you play regular
with full 5 you already have the same runelevel as on payserver ;)

Thursday, July 31st 2014, 3:11pm

- runes 6-6-6 / 6-6-6 is possible without problems if you play regular
with full 5 you already have the same runelevel as on payserver ;)

Except on payserver you have it guaranteed that no one, no matter how rich or how many hours more than you they are playing, has or will ever have higher. This is very important with this kind of PvP-centered game. To get that guarantee on f2p you need full 13.