You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 2:18pm

i REALLY wonder how payserver would run if they had made it a "pay what you want" system

its none of my business since i prefer free server anyway, but still this is in my mind and so i share as it might be a useful suggestion... i REALLY wonder how payserver would run if they had made it a "pay what you want" system

for those which dont know what it is: its a system where everyone CAN donate but does not have to, so theoretically you could play for free also, but it would be nice if you would donate at least a small amount which is OK for you to contribute

the 1st thought would be "noone will pay at all then" but if you have some experience with these things its most likely that there will be a decent amount of ppl that ARE willing to explain their appreciation with donating regularly
maybe some players will only donate 2 $ month but other will donate 20 $ and so on

and: even if someone would not pay at all, ever, he would STILL raise the population (which seems to be one of the biggest issues of payserver regarding the forum entries)

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 2:24pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Is that not exactly how the f2p server is?
Pay if you want? ?(

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 3:04pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Just came to my mind (and i was thinking about potato salad - if You know what i mean ;] ).
How about to try a kickstarter-like system. For example:
Goal for all players is donate lets say 5000$ in month. Next month this could be a different amount. Donations are not obligatory, everyone plays on equal terms. But, if this amount is gathered than something wonderfull happens. Some uber awesome Event? Or a givaway of 5 category battle mounts for everyone for 7 days to have some fun with, or 2x gold, exp, rep, loot, astral or something else, You know, something cheezy that would make everyone happy :D

How about this?

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 3:32pm

I like both systems, especially the one of Spinecrawler. They can adapt the money that has to be spent to the population and add multiple goals.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 3:59pm

Is that not exactly how the f2p server is?
Pay if you want?

on free server you get something for paying, that someone that is not paying does not get (or later)
thats the difference here - i like this system although i buy the things only with gold since i think it rewards those who are active

(and i was thinking about potato salad - if You know what i mean

crowdfunding for a MMO is an intersting idea

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 6:14pm

Lili

Beginner

That's an interesting idea you have here.
I know some people wouldn't even consider donating but then again, some would ^^

And for the events or item giveaway suggestion that would be cool
Liliminter - Bard

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 6:30pm

yeah its called private server.
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 7:11pm

And those are bad.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 7:37pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

And those are bad.
are they ? :)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 7:47pm

And those are bad.

Yes.

And they are in breach of copyright law.

And we won't be discussing them.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 7:52pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 8:54pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

And those are bad.

Yes.

okay :)
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 8:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

And those are bad.

Yes.

okay :)
Please refrain from discussing this topic ladies and gents.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 9:10pm

Oshi

Trainee

They care a lot for any idea you may have to make sub server grow in population :)

They care so much that they will read this post and rofl to its suggestions, and after that they will look at you, the cash cow, and make another mount, stats, or any kinda of extras for your char, that you will want, and will keep you distracted.

In sub server they cant make sales, they gets like what 10 euros a month from a player there? why would they even care about a money sink server that provides no revenue when on free to play they get their wallets filled?

Sub server is just an option for those who dont want to play on free to play, its a demo of the free to play server, where you cant get half the things you can get there, so you expect anyone to pay to play for a demo version ?

Not even when it was free ( 2 - 3 months im guessing) it had any population, bcz it was just a shadow of the f2p and will never be more then that :D

waste your words here, you wont get any improvement anyways :P
:) :) :)

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 10:58pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Sub server is just an option for those who dont want to play on free to play, its a demo of the free to play server, where you cant get half the things you can get there, so you expect anyone to pay to play for a demo version ?

I never even thought of this way...but I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement.
The P2P server (at least in the NA/EU regions) is most definitely a $10/month demo version.
You can play for 2-3 months and spend $20-$30 before committing to the non-demo version and spend 10x that.
This is a great way of advertising for the p2p AND f2p server.
I hope they go ahead and use your ideas and opinions and help populate the servers!!! :thumbsup:

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 11:27pm

I absolutely disagree with that. Most of those "half the things" are actually very bad and breaking the game. To name a few:

• battle mounts (not all mounts with abilities, just the ones able to do damage or with over the top, hack-like speed)
  • runes (that's the biggest cancer of the game, exponentially growing real money cost of anything is a big no no)
  • all kinds of mirror copies, buyable refactors, lodestones, crafting materials that you can straight up buy for money and clearly speeds up progress
  • astral emanations that again, you can straight up buy for money and give advantage in astral combat

I'm sure there's more I can't think of at the moment.

Bigger bags and reasonable mounts are all obtainable by simply playing the game on p2p. The necessary patronage 5 buff for raids is there.

MMO games are all about time spent playing, buying advantage or speed-up with money is not okay, it's against the very principles.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 11:37pm

MMO games are all about time spent playing, buying advantage or speed-up with money is not okay, it's against the very principles.

Ultimately this is all what it comes down to.

Allods has never been p2win - even back in the old days, it was p2win *sooner*.

All that's happened is the time gap has got wider and wider.

P2P is much more akin to the old pre-gipat game than people care to think. Sure, a lot of the mechanics have been massively improved, but ultimately, paying money Just makes life faster. We are so used to the convieniences that the Boutique offers, we forget our original benchmarks. Where we damn well *walked* everywhere.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 8:38am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Quoted

I absolutely disagree with that. Most of those "half the things" are actually very bad and breaking the game. To name a few:

battle mounts (not all mounts with abilities, just the ones able to do damage or with over the top, hack-like speed)

Hold
on a minute. Battlemounts are game breaking and hilariously OP WHEN and
only when just a handfull of ppl have them. Just like every other pay 2 win item. If Everyone had a uber mega
OP battlemount than everyone would play on equal terms and it all would
came down to how efficient and smart You can use Your character overall
power output to gain advantage. That's the game I would like Allods to
bacome. Furthermore. Do You remember that one-time event where everyone
on p2p got a random battlemount with skin for 3 days ? (manabike,
spider, throne and all that good stuff). Do You remember how pvp
battlegrounds looked then? You could see only freakin rhinos :P why?
Cause they DISABLED those battlemounts on pvp arenas! (WH, DF) That was
briliant! You could be cool and have fun with Your fancy, shiny and OP
5th tier uber mega mount that made traveling around that much more
convinient (and was so fkin awesome), without breaking the pvp! :D So,
You all can see, with a little bit of good will and tought Allods could
improve. A LOT.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 9:07am

In sub server they cant make sales, they gets like what 10 euros a month from a player there? why would they even care about a money sink server that provides no revenue when on free to play they get their wallets filled?

Your not wrong here... The problem was the free server born first...

I guess that game that cost 10€ month is the most played in the world. What was it's name... ahh i remebered... World of Warcraft. This is simply an excuse sry mate but i cant agree about the 10€ line.
Tho i agree about the "half" thing. They should make everything available in the P2P without the runes. All other stuff can come because everyone could get them ingame if they play.
Retired...
New life till 7.0

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 9:16am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Yes, when I used to play on P2P server i also was feeling like playing a trial or demo version of the game. Considering quality of things i would even say beta version ;P

Rate this thread