You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 6:42pm

Muting Players ingame for using world shout.

Mail.ru is sadly one of the worst companys I have even seen when it comes to this ( international) server, time and time again I seen NA players punished instantly but others go unseen. I love how if an NA player says something in world they are in the wrong.

When you do Arena of Death the idea is the have 2 teams of equal gear going, not these losers with blue lvl 51 gear ( FROM 2 <snip>PATCHES AGO) getting invited to be there. It's MAIL.RU'S FAULT this is happening, so stop muting players when they speak out. Losing an arena of death because your to stupid to make an invite system for it is rediculous.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dhamp" (Aug 6th 2014, 7:09pm) with the following reason: No swearing, m'kay?

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 7:10pm

As I've said in every game I've ever played, it is not the dev's responsibility to tell you what gear you should be wearing.

We don't have the population for a proper tiering system.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 10:44pm

Well said Oly :)
<cut> all the leechers and scrubs, and <cut> all the ones who think its "hard" and so on.
I've armed 60k gold in just ONE area in two days, casually.
People can turn in their keys but they don't.
People can craft epic gear for pvp which is better than green and blue astral gear, but they don't.
People can farm but they don't.

So once again, <cut> THE LEECHERS AND SCRUBS FOR NOT PUTTING ANY EFFORT IN THEIR ACCOUNT AND EXPECTING A CARRY!

Today in WH 3 scrubs in green velhuru afked, and LEFT when they didn't get a carry, so <cut> you again. Go ahead "snip" my anger but IDGAF.
That is all.

that was uncalled for - and you wonder why you get muted.
-Wraith

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wraith02" (Aug 7th 2014, 12:22pm)

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 10:58pm

rozetri

Intermediate

As I've said in every game I've ever played, it is not the dev's responsibility to tell you what gear you should be wearing.

We don't have the population for a proper tiering system.

No, but it is the dev's responsibility to ensure as even a playing field as possible for participants in an endgame competitive event wherein they have no say regarding who their teammates happen to be. Naturally you can't ensure everyone will be as skilled and you can be certain everyone would throw a fit if their time spent upgrading gear wasn't respected. So the best you can do is either tier things or create a raid composition of as equal a number of players with as equal an amount of gear with a modicum of random choice. This is a lot of work, but it is their job as devs. And if we had the population to have made it work on the NA server, we for damn sure have the population on this merged one.

The simple reason is the devs haven't made this a priority item. They have never made this a priority item. And, to the best of my experience, they will never make this a priority item, because they don't have to. They'll make the same amount of money on this game either way.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 11:09pm

So the best you can do is either tier things or create a raid composition of as equal a number of players with as equal an amount of gear with a modicum of random choice. This is a lot of work, but it is their job as devs.

No, it's not.

Speaking as someone with an exceptionally high degree of experience in situational modelling, what you are asking is simply beyond the realms of what is capable for game designers.

The level of complexity that model would require is truly astronomical.

Wednesday, August 6th 2014, 11:21pm

reeah19

Intermediate

they have to make a better system, i honestly dislike being in a raid with ppl with under/above 15k gearscore difference, it's plain stupid, i don't like to have an unbalanced raid or be against one

the system isnt hard since we already have gear score, they simply don't care, they consider limiting keys should do it good enough, well it won't since some are just lazy asses slackers

but been in some where 7-8 NOOBS left giving the us no chance, and they left in the beggining, so make a freaking sysytem to complete the raid after dumb people leave(like it was used to be !!!!!!!!!!)
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 1:04am

i know this problematic VERY well, from BOTH sides
i have been the "leecher" and i have also been the "carrier", and i have even used this subject in a report regarding social interactions in MMOs, but that does not matter here, it shall only show that i care very much here
the reactions of ppl vary wide, from angry to sad, from not caring to trying to do something bad to you (as far as this is possible in a game)

this btw affects ALL multiplayergames where it comes down to cooperation with strangers
these games which offer a kicking system have it abused most times (btw kicking would not help here)

if i would be responsible i would introduce a "arena" where it comes down to 1 vs 1 fights
this would COMPLETELY eliminate all the anger that is occuring due to other players, no matter what they do (or do not), because everyone would be responsible HIMSELF for his actions!
also, to give those which are in FULLHEAL or FULL CC spec, or anything else which is not primary focussed on killing the enemy a possibility to win, there would be a timelimit (3 min) and if both live after this the one with more HP will win; if 2 FH battle and HP are even the one with most DPS win

(maybe even a KO system, where only the best recieve the best rewards, but that would be more complex and is not necessary)

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 4:02am

Kissaki

Trainee

No one really has a problem with weaker players going BGs to make gold/ama so long as they're not total scrubs who have no intention of gearing their chars, or people going on trash alts/reincs just to be carried for the bonus. One thing about BGs is that new, undergeared lvl 60s who do care about their chars, but maybe are in small guilds who can't do Tep, sometimes go there to farm relics.

For solutions that make this astronomically impossible thing happen, the best I can come up with would be to separate BGs not by gearscore but by retention level. This way you unlock X level and you can sign X BG.

As the game is now I would separate it into 2 tiers based on retention. Everyone who has not unlocked Epic sectors yet goes in 1 BG tier, everyone who has unlocked epic or higher goes in the other. Once you unlock epic sectors you no longer have the option to sign for the lower tier BGs, only the higher.

I don't say its a perfect system, but at least it would separate the top players from the leechers and give new guys who just want relics a chance to pvp without getting rolled over.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Kissaki" (Aug 7th 2014, 4:38am)

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 5:07am

So the best you can do is either tier things or create a raid composition of as equal a number of players with as equal an amount of gear with a modicum of random choice. This is a lot of work, but it is their job as devs.

No, it's not.

Speaking as someone with an exceptionally high degree of experience in situational modelling, what you are asking is simply beyond the realms of what is capable for game designers.

The level of complexity that model would require is truly astronomical.

Equal number of players? Sure. 12 v 12. Equal amount of gear? Create a gear score based on the quality of gear and relics, like one of the many gear score addons. Make sure to select 24 players with a gear score within 5-10k of each other. No match? No skirmish.

Doesn't seem very hard from a database administrator point of view.

No one is asking for a perfect system out of the gate, just a system.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 10:32am

As the game is now I would separate it into 2 tiers based on retention. Everyone who has not unlocked Epic sectors yet goes in 1 BG tier, everyone who has unlocked epic or higher goes in the other. Once you unlock epic sectors you no longer have the option to sign for the lower tier BGs, only the higher.

I don't say its a perfect system, but at least it would separate the top players from the leechers and give new guys who just want relics a chance to pvp without getting rolled over.

this would make the BGs pop less and also take away the fun of the game
i gear because i want to roll over those who do not...

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 12:48pm

It is entirely possible to portray your unhappiness at someone with with out swearing or insulting them.
If you get muted for swearing / insulting someone in the chat, then it is your own fault, you choose to swear/insult knowing full well it is against the rules - you have to accept the consequences.
There are plenty of reasons why someone might be under geared. e.g
1. they don't know any better - swearing at them won't help them learn what they are doing wrong, and is more likely to push more players away.
2. they have only just returned to the game and have not had a chance to improve their gear.

As for a new system to filter out under-geared, not only would such a system require a re-write of the code thus meaning it would not come any time soon (i.e probably not this year, if it were to be accepted by the designers), but it would also have a negative impact on the battle grounds, less people available for the pool, meaning they would either have to go in under manned, or people would wait forever to get the required number of people.

That being said, I will discuss the problem of under geared people being an issue with the BG's with them later later. Though even if they agree that something should be done, a fix / change to it would not be a quick one.

The 1v1 arena could also be an interesting prospect to try and give them other options, please open a suggestion thread for it, flesh out the idea, and I'll discuss both options later.

-Wraith
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 3:22pm

Wraith what you fail to understand is as a player of the game I AM SICK OF PEOPLE QUEING SKIRMISHES, to afk/walk around/being waste of space, and DO NOTHING that they should be doing, ON TOP OF HAVING NO GEAR. It's rediculous that you guys punish players who speak out, plus we are punished by these shitty/intentional players purposely hurting their team.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 3:22pm

In game it is called a "profanity filter"
If you disable it, you are at the mercy of being sweared at.
SO DON'T DISABLE IT PROBLEM SOLVED???
If you disable it its like you are fishing to get people banned which shouldn't be allowed as well.

So punish people like that.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 3:41pm

IAmGroot

Professional

This all seems a bit silly.
The ONLY reason someone should EVER get muted, in my opinion, is for spamming.
Constantly just spamming something like ...
/world I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole!
(repeated 10 more times)

There is a profanity filter for a reason.
There is also an ignore button for people that do spam.

So...realistically, I don't think there should ever be a reason for anyone to be muted ever.

That being said, I have never been muted, but I am sure I will be some day ;).

---
You could've said something like

Source code

for i=1,50 do 
print("/world I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole!") 
end

Leaving the joke aside, you know there's also a mute on forum. So don't beg us to use it, please.
Zurion

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Aug 7th 2014, 3:53pm) with the following reason: Spam

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 4:04pm

The 1v1 arena could also be an interesting prospect to try and give them other options, please open a suggestion thread for it, flesh out the idea, and I'll discuss both options later.

---> I made a seperate suggestion topic here:

http://de.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=4227

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 5:49pm

The profanity filter is not a licence to use profanity, just as wearing a bulletproof vest is not licence to shoot me.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 6:21pm

Thank you AOP.

--

You don't get muted because you speak out against, you get muted for how you speak out.
<insert player name> please don't join the BG's if your just going to AFK
Should not receive any punishment. Where as
<insert player name> is a ******, *****, ***** waste of space ****** BG spoiler
Will.

Quoted

Language – Using inappropriate language or attempting to evade the chat filter by misspelling inappropriate words can result in a temporary mute or a ban.

You used the inappropriate language knowing its against the rules (the fact there is a chat filter does not make your actions any less against the rules!). you KNOW this, and still complain you get warned / punished for it.
Swearing is NEVER necessary, and there are countless other ways to get your point across with out it.

IF you have a FAIR and simple way to counter these people without having a negative impact on the over all BG's, by all means suggest it, and we atleast look into whether its possible to do or not.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 6:22pm

IAmGroot

Professional

The profanity filter is not a licence to use profanity, just as wearing a bulletproof vest is not licence to shoot me.
What is this game rated?
I'm pretty sure it's 16+.
If you can't handle swearing on the internet at 16, you shouldn't be on the internet.

I can completely understand muting someone for sexual harassment and general harassment.
But for swearing in a 16+ game?
LOL

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 6:26pm

Kurtcobain

Professional

the game is rated for 12+
Kurtcobain-Lvl 80-Demo/ Sechmet-Lvl 80 Cleric

KurtCobain - lvl 80 Cleric (LEAGUE)

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 6:27pm

What is this game rated?
I'm pretty sure it's 16+.
If you can't handle swearing on the internet at 16, you shouldn't be on the internet.

I can completely understand muting someone for sexual harassment and general harassment.
But for swearing in a 16+ game?
LOL

A) it's not 16+
B) see the boss man's post above. By signing up you agree not to use inappropriate language, and agree that you can be muted for doing so.

Rate this thread