You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 4:02pm

1 vs 1 Arena Battleground

--- Prefix is meant for F2P AND P2P ---

i had this idea when it came to my mind that very much ppl are unhappy with BGs because they think they are losing because of teammembers.... either they are "undergeared" or have "no tactics" or they simply leave the raid, or whatever
im sure everyone knows what i mean here

i know this problematic VERY well, from BOTH sides
i have been the "leecher" and i have also been the "carrier", and i have even used this subject in a report regarding social interactions in MMOs, but that does not matter here, it shall only show that i care very much here
the reactions of ppl vary wide, from angry to sad, from "not caring" to "trying to do something bad to you" (as far as this is possible in a game)

this btw affects ALL multiplayergames where it comes down to cooperation with strangers
these games which offer a kicking system have it abused most times (btw kicking would not help here)

so here goes my idea:

if i would be responsible i would introduce a "arena" where it comes down to 1 vs 1 fights
this would COMPLETELY eliminate all the anger that is occuring due to other players, no matter what they do (or do not), because everyone would be responsible HIMSELF for his actions!
also, to give those which are in FULLHEAL or FULL CC spec, or anything else which is not primary focussed on killing the enemy a possibility to win, there would be a timelimit (3 min for example) and if both live after this the one with more HP will win; if 2 FH battle and HP are even the one with most DPS win... (streetfighter II worked somehow similar :P)

extension:
maybe even add a KO system, where only the best recieve the best rewards, but that would be more complex and is not necessary at all

rewards would be the same as from all other BGs; BG emblems and amalgam; slightly smaller amount but since its faster also this would be no problem... its however up to those who are responsible for the game what amount this is (another option, if there would be concerns regarding the possibility to exploit this gamemode in order to get gold very fast would be to make the reward the same currency that 3vs3 currently gives!)
also this would pop VERY often since only 2 players would be required, so no more "boredom" when noone is signing for BGs

this might also help payserver which has low population

using the algorithm which is used in scarlet bastion to determine the strenght of players would also make it maybe possible to find fitting opponents(?)
bu completely random would be even more fun, since you can get either a free kill or a free lose :P

constructive criticism and / or suggestions go here pls :love:

additional info regarding answers in this thread:

- if someone leaves, the one which did not leave automatically wins, there also wont be any penalty for leaving; however the one which did leave will not recieve ANY reward while fighting at least grants you a a SMALL reward (for participating)

- if there wont be a GS balancing system, there is nothing wrong with batteling every level 60 player that participates
poeple are responsible for their gear themselves and thus its their fault if they are "undergeared"

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 11th 2016, 9:28am)

Thursday, August 7th 2014, 4:51pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I suppose this would be a somewhat interesting thing to see considering this game literally has almost ZERO need for 1v1 PvP.
Everything in this game is a team effort.
Would be nice to flex your epeen every now and again in legitimate hardcore 1v1 battles that don't involve someone screwing with your fight in the open arena.

Oh...oh!!!
On top of this, it would be so cool if you could like...spectate matches or something!

Friday, August 8th 2014, 3:37pm

This would just be awesome. A ranking should follow too. It will pop all the time, be quick. I would love to see that happen.

Saturday, August 9th 2014, 7:55am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

While it may work for some, I personally see it as a might be a bigger problem then it is worth. I see a lot of un-needed tickets being submitted. All with I should have won that one this person cheated they did this and they did that.

Also what is to say that there wont be a high geared person against a low geared person? Didn't they implement or try to implement something for AoD? I have never been to SB so I have no idea how that system works.

What happens when the one that is losing leaves?

It would however get rid of the (trying to find nice words) AFK'rs, leechers or what ever you all call em.

Not trying to nit pick, just bringing things up you might want to think about and maybe edit your post accordingly.

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 5:44pm

While it may work for some, I personally see it as a might be a bigger problem then it is worth. I see a lot of un-needed tickets being submitted. All with I should have won that one this person cheated they did this and they did that.

Also what is to say that there wont be a high geared person against a low geared person? Didn't they implement or try to implement something for AoD? I have never been to SB so I have no idea how that system works.

What happens when the one that is losing leaves?

It would however get rid of the (trying to find nice words) AFK'rs, leechers or what ever you all call em.

Not trying to nit pick, just bringing things up you might want to think about and maybe edit your post accordingly.

i added your 2 aspects to my main post

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 2:35am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

As a World of Warcrqft player of many years(whom recently left Wow to come to Allods) the one aspect I miss the most about Wow the most was it's Arena combat system.

I would love to see a non-battleground(arena style) ranked pvp aspect be implemented to Allods featuring brackets of 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 and finally 5vs5.

Rewards from this could be used to purchase pvp focused gears/trinkets and maybe some other additional rewards as well(costumes, etc) available only thru this "Arena" system.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 2:48pm

its finally happening!!! :love:
although this is not what i hoped for at least its a good step into the right direction as a singleplayer can participate without further ado

see https://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=6823

rating battle

There is a category of player - autonomous and independent PvP lovers who do not have a permanent group for the battle. With the advent of training battles rating them would be easier to learn the basics of rating arenas 3x3 and 6x6.

Writes on training fights can be alone or incomplete group. As is the case with the Dominion, there are no restrictions on the number of visits and classes of characters.

Screenshot of the free online role-playing game (RPG) «Allods Online»

Although in the warm-up did not allow ranking, winning in them brings 25 Emblems Duel (3v3 and battles and battles 6x6). This, in turn, gives players the opportunity to win awards at Geel-Bran frown even if they do not have a permanent team. And yet - could help out in a situation where a team is not currently in the collection, and one of its members want to quickly save a little bit more posters and redeem the weekly award.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 6th 2016, 12:55am)

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 5:55pm

seems like a training 3vs 3 or 6 vs 6 ^^ so no 1 vs 1 from what i read

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 9:26pm

Frakkerz

Trainee

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it means you can SIGN for 3v3 and 6v6 without a group and be put with random. This won't effect your rating in "training battles".

There is no 1v1.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 9:58pm

I suggest an arena with equalized gear / CS / rune power.

Let's have at least one arena that favors skill over other things, I know Allods is pay to win game, but add at least one arena like that.

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 10:42pm

freestile

Professional

this arena is called p2p server ^^

or "circle of equal" event that we've had before 7.0 came out and that we're normally going to have again in the future

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 12:54am

or goblinball :P
---------

so you guys mean this will just put me in grp with 2 other random players if i Q for 3 vs 3?

i hoped i will get into an incomplete team (just me:P) if i sign alone vs someone else doing the same....

but still a good thing (can finally get this BG currency without the effort of searching a grp) altough not exactly what i hoped for :wacko:

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 5:00pm

also i rrly see no point in this .. i mean mages and summys would just rape every other class

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 5:21pm

Vickie Lynn

Intermediate

Exactly, a 1v1 arena would be non-sense. Imagine having healer vs healer, wow! No seriously, allods became more and more a team play game, especially with arrival of aspects.
I prefer to be bad in game rather than being a trash in real life

Wednesday, July 6th 2016, 5:44pm

while mage and summoner have their definite strenghts there would still be ways to defeat them in PVP-spec, allods has its classes balanced well enough so would not be hard to have fun in 1 vs 1

healer vs healer?
its already written in my 1st post

also, to give those which are in FULLHEAL or FULL CC spec, or anything else which is not primary focussed on killing the enemy a possibility to win, there would be a timelimit (3 min for example) and if both live after this the one with more HP will win; if 2 FH battle and HP are even the one with most DPS win... (streetfighter II worked somehow similar :P)

this makes it a question of take more heasl or more dps? take enough heals to stay alive but also enough dps to make more than the enemy
also, most ppl would not go as FH into a 1 vs 1 battle i guess... it cant do enough dmg to kill an equal DPS so the dps would win as it caused more dmg in the time the battle lasts

aspects CAN be used for teamplay but not only

Friday, July 8th 2016, 4:00am

Kissaki

Trainee

I just can't get excited about 1v1.

It's class dependent, cashshop dependent and already exists in the Arenas, June Catacombs and KOE at every hour of the day.

The only people it would really advantage are those who don't teamplay enough to get a 3v3 party together or multiboxers who want to spend all day watching Game of Thrones while their hack programs fight each other for gold as they afk.

I certainly would not support this if any kind of reward came from it that could be traded for gold. It would be very open to abuse.

If you want to promote an arena type 1v1 where there are no rewards but where 2 people fight each other in a space where no other player can interfere then sure, do it.

But I really think that the developers would be spending their time better working on other types of content, especially fun activities that are inclusive of all players regardless of cashshop or gearscore - stuff like Summerhold or Tropical Atol.

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 9:47pm

arena can be interfered by other players and ppl can leave at every time and there is no reward at all
JC pops too seldom and there is no real 1 vs 1 too, its more like free for all
KOE is the best here as its the closest thing to asee teph we have

it would not only benefit those who are tired of searching fellow players but also everyone who is tired of losing due to bad teams
goldwise it would not e a problem at all, this activity i suggest would either reward the currency 3v3 gives or standard BG emblems (which are done very fast as we all know or do you have some over at the end of the week? :P)
so yes, no real rewards but a simple 1 vs 1 battle
the main reward is the satisfaction to dominate in a battle

items, gear and skill matter here
i wat no fairplay-****, i want a battle where the strongest wins, an ARENA

i really dont know why this is stll absent from the game, there would be so many players loving to see this...

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 10:13pm

Kissaki

Trainee

For 3v3 rewards np, but you should specify that in your first post.

For normal BG rewards, no way! You should never wish for this to happen.

I have 10 reincarnations all max lvl. If you give me a BG where I can make 144,000 gold per week x10 in a BG that can be over in 10 secs then you will see me making 1,4 million gold each week. It would be very easy for people to sign with friends so they got into the same match and just take turns to win. It would be equally easy for the nasty, bad people to multibox 2 accounts full of reincs for gold.

The end result ofc is that you ruin the gold exchange and for what? So that a few people on server can enjoy 1v1 battles, while at the same time the armies of gold farmers abuse the hell out of it to make themselves rich and artificially inflate the currency exchange rate.

As for so many players loving to see it in game - the response so far has been overwhelmingly negative every time this idea has been suggested.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kissaki" (Jul 10th 2016, 11:22pm)

Sunday, July 10th 2016, 11:46pm

active players get the gold from the reincs BG-emblems every week already
sign with friends wont help because there will sign a LOT more players than just you and your friend so possibility to be in match with him will be minimal
rewards would be far lower than in regular BG sam as regular BG reward is lower than AOD reward

but as this would be another version of 3vs3 and 6vs6 the 3vs3 rewards would be the most logical reward
this is not meant to be an income for gold but a slaughteringfest anyway

negative responses mostly come from those who are weak and fear to face their inferiority, which is nonsense as you can face ANY opponen ranging from green geared 211 111 to teal geared ones in full 13s with battlearmor and lightning :)

there are cases of ppl in full 8s beating others in full 13, with same gear, i would hope to see more of this type once we have this mode
it would help the game a LOT to show its NOT all about runes

Monday, July 11th 2016, 1:19am

Kissaki

Trainee

There are very few people who have the time atm to finish all BGs with 10 reincs.

Even so - a normal BG takes around 10-20 mins. 1v1 would take 10-20 secs. This is the entire problem for your idea.

Signing with friends already happens frequently with 3v3 and 6v6 - often its the only reason these BGs pop at all.

You are really overestimating the number of players who would play this if there are no gold rewards and you are really underestimating the ingenuity of gold farmers if you think they wouldn't abuse a normal BG reward system.

It's funny that you're calling some of the players in this thread scared of pvp and weak. Those who have responded are mostly very good players and they're not criticising 1v1 because they seem afraid of competition but because they think it's a bad idea.

You've asked for constructive criticism. This is as constructive as I can be without getting bored of making the same point.

I'll say it one more time:

You need to specify in your main post that there shouldn't ever be any rewards from this BG that can be traded for gold. So long as this is the case then it's not an utterly terrible idea that could seriously damage the game.