You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 6:25pm

Kainos98

Beginner

• "Kainos98" started this thread

So how's everyone like the Engineer class?

Hopefully this week someone will finally decide read my support tickets to fix my account and get it merged so I finally play. I've recently got the chance to come back to Allods, only to find a complete huge change of not only the servers again, but also the publisher or owners, whatever...anyway I've not played since last year and all my guildmates have moved on to other games, so I figured I'd try out a new fresh character and the Engineer/Gunner took me by surprise, I see a lot of good skills so far I like and seems fun for leveling, or grinding (which looks to be more present now then ever). But when it came to the weapons I'm at a loss...though not really important I guess but giving a combat class of this nature weapons like a dagger and a um...the caster's wand seems silly to me, but that's my opinion. I would prefer they gave us a pistol or some sort of gun for the range slot, and at least a sword for melee, seems they rushed it without thought or taking in input from players because I've seen others mention this was lame as well, but anyway...so how's the end game and PvP for this class? Just wondering :D
Guild Leader & Captain of the "Stormwolf"

Monday, August 11th 2014, 1:33am

Kainos98

Beginner

wow...nice to see such a lively community lol well guess I'll find out once I'm back in game hopefully this week.

Monday, August 11th 2014, 2:05am

fun to play, absurdly squishy. engineer will get a full rework in 5.2

Monday, August 11th 2014, 2:22am

"born and raised in the county of dade", anyway there is like 10 or 11 end game engineers on the server, and 9 of them class changed to engineer with engineer morpher. so this place will be more dead the other class sections

Monday, August 11th 2014, 2:23am

Kainos98

Beginner

fun to play, absurdly squishy. engineer will get a full rework in 5.2

sounds good, thanks for the info I may even delete my old re-incarnate and remake as a ENG lol.

Monday, August 11th 2014, 7:31am

darkparismo

Beginner

well make engi now learn how to play it next big patch you can learn all over again cause of changes. if your old reinc is scout then i advice ya keep it cause they will own next patch from what i heard

Monday, August 11th 2014, 10:14pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Engineer is very fun. Awesome animations and I love the "oomph" sound of cannons going off.

The playstyle is very mobile and a LOT of kiting as you currently can't take many hits.

Only real survivability is on Cooldown based abilities like Combat Mode(which kinda sucks and makes you stationary) and Hover Pad(this one is pretty useful.

As said, a full rework is coming that offers Engineers their own version of Diehard( but with movement speed increase while active) as well as more stuns, a healing device, better and more mobile Combat Mode ability and other goodies.

All in all fun class, even now but as Bunzy said SUPER squishy.

Monday, August 11th 2014, 10:37pm

Kainos98

Beginner

nice :) yea can't wait to try it out my buddy and I are still waiting on our accounts to be transfered or whatever :thumbsup: :P

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 1:39am

atm engineer is worst class of all, but with the patch 5.2 it will become a good class like all the others

as for now,
in pve you can do damage, but in pvp you are a free kill all the time, even for undergeared players

also, engineer is one of the classes that "need" dragontears because the moving hoverpad is almost essential for pvp

turret mode does not only make you stationary but also has a VERY long cd which makes this ultra rare

the hoverpad btw does only protect you from physical dmg, so it will be worthless agains the majority of attacks...

also, the enhanced variations of the 2 main-shots are almost useless too, and the engineer is constantly out of energy, which means you do 2 or 3 shots and then have to wait very long for every next shot... :(

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 2:19am

yes they salivate everytime they see an engineer.... food, food ....

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:35am

lol i have to much to say about engineer to fit in one thread, i disagree with secondary shots being useless. id say engineer is decent for pve (moving mobs is the death of your dps), engineer is probably on the bottom of the totem pole for pvp in terms of survivability, but not useless to the point where you cant enjoy yourself.

most engineers in the game have caca gear, so yea you will be free kills to many on the map. ungeared mage/ungeared bard/ungeared warrior/ungeared paladin/ungeared warden all outlive an engineer with similar or higher gear.

engineer will still be a paper class in 5.2, they just get a ton of more options to play with.

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:38am

paladins tanky/bard tanky
warrior tanky+die hard
warden can heal/aqua themslves
mage obscenely op barriers/reflections

engineer looks cute with a gun

Thursday, August 14th 2014, 12:04pm

paladins tanky/bard tanky
warrior tanky+die hard
warden can heal/aqua themslves
mage obscenely op barriers/reflections

engineer looks cute with a gun