You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 11:24am

6.0 Announced

It seems like there's no 5.0.3 coming, psis won't be receiving their revamp before next big expansion ;(

http://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=4594

Friday, August 15th 2014, 12:15pm

Artuditu

Trainee

So one more year at least before ANYTHING changes for psis :/ Awesome...

Friday, August 15th 2014, 12:29pm

VashBOG™

Intermediate

Does that mean we have less and less time for the bugged mos? :)
The one GMs doing nothing for?
:D

Friday, August 15th 2014, 2:34pm

I'm honestly anticipating this to be the biggest expansion Allods has had yet. This is the first time they change the logo of the game so drastically - it is entirely new, and hopefully, this is a tell that they will take the game in a new direction.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, August 15th 2014, 2:47pm

psi perfectly fine :)

Friday, August 15th 2014, 3:18pm

Friday, August 15th 2014, 4:38pm

PSI are crying cause they can not perpectually CC 3-4 people at a time anymore. Thing is Psi is still great in PVP especially vs paladin and if in equal gear do well against mage.

The reason Psi does so great against paladin is because they still have PLENTY OF CC ontop of most their skills being multi hit. Paladin barrier can only absorb 3 hits before needing to be rotated, a Psi can put things such as wall of blades(I know its a mana sink) stun the pally and then crush them with thoughtful spirit(that skill hurts more then it should >.< especially with this epic tear out)

even with this new willpower system, I got bored one day and ran with 83 willpower, and several occasions still got CC to death cause there is several CC's that do not add to the immunity bar (Hypno being one of them funny enough)

Psi is more then capable of being a wonderful class. Just seems like they dont know how to adapt nor want to learn how to do so. Another jacked up thing about psi is Ecto barrier. One of the better Psi's I have fought (Cosmicpower) put on Ecto barrier which was 91% of his hp, nice they pretty much have old Rhapsody(Fervor) from bard essentially with a low ass cooldown
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, August 15th 2014, 5:22pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Seems odd to have a new, big expansion so soon after the last one. We've barely had any time with this one at all in comparison to the time spent in 4.0.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, August 15th 2014, 5:45pm

Artuditu

Trainee

Well, to be honest, as a psi I guess I can't say I'm completely happy with current state of cc but that's not the main reason I was waiting for our class revamp :P
Me and probably some other ppl would love some fresh air brought to the psi archetype. I don't know... some mechanic change, maybe something that would finally make spectral assassin more useful and fun to play with.

Seriously, anything :D Other than heavy nerf ofc :P

Friday, August 15th 2014, 7:43pm

Guza

Intermediate

Rubies for psis arent really impressive and quite boring.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 7:55pm

PSI are crying cause they can not perpectually CC 3-4 people at a time anymore. Thing is Psi is still great in PVP especially vs paladin and if in equal gear do well against mage.

It's not that psi isn't strong, it definitely is. It is also very hard to play and absolutely unforgiving, if you make mistakes, you are punished very hard for them. Also it still has many very outdated and very clunky mechanics. To be honest, it doesn't need power changes, but it definitely needs quality of life changes.

It is very disappointing small things like for example Will Suppression aggroing packs aren't being fixed before new expansion. This one makes successful double cc in astral a herculean task for a psi while to a mage it is just pressing one button.

The reason Psi does so great against paladin is because they still have PLENTY OF CC ontop of most their skills being multi hit. Paladin barrier can only absorb 3 hits before needing to be rotated, a Psi can put things such as wall of blades(I know its a mana sink) stun the pally and then crush them with thoughtful spirit(that skill hurts more then it should >.< especially with this epic tear out)

Main problem with thoughtful spirit is that to deliver this kind of burst, you need all five charges available and it takes over one minute for them all to recover, that's like one skill on a rather-lengthy cooldown.

even with this new willpower system, I got bored one day and ran with 83 willpower, and several occasions still got CC to death cause there is several CC's that do not add to the immunity bar (Hypno being one of them funny enough)

All the "long" CCs don't add to the immunity bar, they are however countered by the fact that once they are applied, the target also receives over 30s (I think closer to a minute) immunity buff. Hypno is still the weakest of them all because it breaks literally from 1 point of damage. It is completely unusable unless you are in a coordinated group with every member using voice communication and you are telling them who and when you are hypno'ing.

Psi is more then capable of being a wonderful class. Just seems like they dont know how to adapt nor want to learn how to do so. Another jacked up thing about psi is Ecto barrier. One of the better Psi's I have fought (Cosmicpower) put on Ecto barrier which was 91% of his hp, nice they pretty much have old Rhapsody(Fervor) from bard essentially with a low ass cooldown

Ecto barrier scales with Determination, at full determination it can reach insane absorb amount. Still it is weaker than fervor, all damage going into the absorb amount is unmitigated, meaning no armor or resists count towards reducing it. Hits against the ecto hit way harder than hits into actual HP.

Also, how many psis with adequate (to be competitive) cash shop and gear are there? Nearly none. Most of them changed class to mages, wardens or bards because those classes have much lower skill floor, they require much less effort for the same effectiveness.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 15th 2014, 8:16pm)

Friday, August 15th 2014, 7:57pm

now waiting EVEN LONGER for psi-rework? ;(

and what does 6.0 mean? level 65? maybe even gearreset? (or only glyphs reset? i hope the next gear will be WITHOUT glyphs!)

the story on the link is only a story, so lot of space for speculations here

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:06pm

Seems odd to have a new, big expansion so soon after the last one. We've barely had any time with this one at all in comparison to the time spent in 4.0.

This will come out novemer or december in Russia at the earliest. 5.0 went live there in the beginning of december, so it will be in keeping with the yearly expansions.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:47pm

Artuditu

Trainee

Yay.. new glyphs. And more than just one type. Lets brace ourselves - farming for different PvE/PvP sets is coming :P

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:54pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Yay.. new glyphs. And more than just one type. Lets brace ourselves - farming for different PvE/PvP sets is coming :P

So is it new glyphs but same gear or both new glyphs AND gear?

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:57pm

Guza

Intermediate

Putting new gear would be dumb.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 9:57pm

Artuditu

Trainee

Tbh I'm not sure. There was something about items being more basic (only Vigor/Stamina) but it's a little hard to understand google-translated Russian forum :D But I'm more than sure that Dalacora will enlighten us :)

Edit: Also, those are only guesses. Nothing's been said officially yet. Other than that story-like post that is. http://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=4594

Friday, August 15th 2014, 10:46pm

Friday, August 15th 2014, 11:05pm

Earlier they teased further weapon upgrading that isn't in the game yet as far as I know, so I'm assuming the base gear will stay the same.

Friday, August 15th 2014, 11:43pm

But I'm more than sure that Dalacora will enlighten us :)

Well, as of right now it's pretty much this:

the story on the link is only a story, so lot of space for speculations here

If there's some more info posted on the forum that I missed, give it here and I'll try my best. I kinda dislike sifting trough their 50+ pages long threads. Their way of using the forums is truly insane.

If not, I'm bound to stumble upon something sooner or later as I check the RU main website every day.