Vous n’êtes pas connecté.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

18. 08. 2014, 04:19

lnxdrtsh

Débutant

• "lnxdrtsh" started this thread

Travail: Director of Software Development

• Envoyer un message privé

Game Vitality & Other "Noob" Questions

Hey all,
I've played occasionally, but never really got my feet entirely on the ground. I play many other games, but kind of need a "home". Allods has an art style and some gameplay that just feels nice to me, but I've always been worried about the vitality of the game.

I was reading another forum post where the general consensus was to not play this game if I didn't plan on spending years playing it. I don't mind that; I have placed thousands of hours in GW/GW2/RIFT over the past 4 years. What I don't know about, though, is if there will still be a game 3 years from now, let alone by the end of the year.

The P2P server seems very empty. That scares me. The publisher of this game doesn't seem to care. That scares me even more. So, I'm asking fellow gamers, specifically those who have spent thousands of hours in this game and placed their trust that this game will go somewhere...do you think there will be a server to log into within the next 3 years? If you believe so, why, and what server would I be best spending my time on?

Thanks, and I'm sorry for being the many other threads that I'm sure you've seen at this point asking similar questions.

^ This should update daily ^

18. 08. 2014, 05:08

If you are a competitive gamer, run while you can, if you are planning on going to the "f2p" server.
The game will probably be here within next 3 years, depends how the RU gamers feel about the Skyforge or as many call it Allods 2.
If the server falls to low population, it will probably be merged with one of many RU Servers.
P2P server will die (although idk how much worse can get than what it is now.)

18. 08. 2014, 06:31

Gwiniel

Disciple

I think the f2p server will be up for quite some years still - at least as long as there are ppl spending money. But you can never be sure - some drastic change or bugs could happen with any given patch that will make ppl mass quit (has happened before quite a few times).

As said on the above post, I wouldn't recommend p2p server at this point as it's pretty much dead - there's a decent population on f2p server on both fractions; League having more gamers but also more casual ones, Imperial having slightly less but are more end game driven.

At this point of the game, end-game is pretty grind-focused - grind dailies/weeklies to gear up and get gold, do raid instances/dungeons. For a completely new comer, it will be arduous job to become competitive in f2p server as there are so many cash shop items you will need to even stand a chance at the end-game - specially, if you plan to pvp. There's so much in-game gold around that all prices are crazily high in Auction House, where fellow players sell more or less useful stuffs... without a rich benefactor on your side, it will be rough to gain those amounts of gold.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

18. 08. 2014, 09:16

This game can be played free and fast with the right know how, but if you are a average player it will take years to get good items.
I've f2p friends who struggle holding 50.000 g in their bag but I myself am holding 400.000gold. It's much about how much YOU know about economi and money making.

Mostly an average player Can hold the weekly use of gold equal to the income -10-20%, if no cash shop item is bought. Only thinking about daily stuff needed and upgrading gear.

So you have 3 options:
1. Put 100 euro into the game and get the basic stuff needed, farm the rest.
2. Grind for months to get the 600k(100euro) gold needed, to get the basics.
3. You have the know how about how economic works, so you play/grind for 2 months.(800k is possible, and some prolly make more!)

This is how I look at it, now enjoy.
Also remember that getting carried higher quality astral will lower the upgrading cost. So make yourself some good friends or join a guild which is supporting that way. :thumbsup:

18. 08. 2014, 11:04

Either you play on f2p, sepnd 100 € to get all the basic stuff in endgame or you pay 10€ to test out the p2p server and see it for yourself. We have a very active guild on empire side and you'll be welcome. We're doing lots of endgame activities, there are people online 24/7 and most important of all: You don't ned to spend hundreds of euros on runes, mounts, m5, scolls, rubys, respecs and all the cancer that is killing the game on f2p. It's not helpful to not even try p2p out.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

18. 08. 2014, 12:21

you should look for another game allods is going for dead because cash shop makes people leave this game so don't waste any time there or don't use money for this game it's still dead

18. 08. 2014, 12:32

Allods is definitely not dead. It just needs some redesign. Play it, you wont find any better MMO than this. Expereince the endgame, enjoy leveling, do raids, go astral and do pvp. You'll love it.

18. 08. 2014, 14:33

and prepare yourself to make you bank card empty ^^ if you don't want be raped at endgame contents

18. 08. 2014, 15:32

Oh stop that qq, allods isn't dead or impossible to play. Of course you wont be top dog when you start gearing months after others..

But allods has actually made it possible to catch the top dog gearwise faster than ever before. Also that you can't play without to use money isn't the games fault but yours, since there is a lot f2p peeps doing fine.. Hell i see lvl 5-6 runed peeps in half legend gear.

Allods isn't a arena game, you do not get a clean account everytime you start a new round. It's a role playing game, so either you put efford or you do not. But don't bitsh cause someone wanted to spend a car on killing you in allods.. Also the runes ain't that crazy op..

No i am not a top dog and neither do i have lvl 10 runes. Im having fun and played this game since beta on/off, so i know what to expect from the game and be realistic. The one to get rickrolled are the new paying players, because they get less crystals for money now, so you have no reason to feel rolled.

18. 08. 2014, 16:37

lnxdrtsh

Débutant

• "lnxdrtsh" started this thread

Travail: Director of Software Development

Thanks for the replies. I really don't want to start any flaming; people have their opinions and all I am looking for is what opinion is more prevalent in the responses.

I bought a sub for a month and was playing last night. I'll be playing for a bit on the subscription server. I have been known to really blow my budget on cash shops in the past, and the sub server really sounded like a nice way to enjoy this game without spending too much money. I may still hop over to the f2p area if I am not enjoying myself enough and the population is far too low.

With all that said, where's the best place to start? I created an Empire character on the sub server and will start leveling up. I never got too far into this game and never spent much time really, really getting into it, so any pointers or a "stop asking questions, go <here>" response would be appreciated.

Once again, I greatly appreciate the opinions and responses and look forward to playing with some of you some day!

^ This should update daily ^

18. 08. 2014, 18:33

empire is by far the stronger faction in every way. league is mostly for the casual people.

thing is, unless you are able to spend LITERLY a few thousand dollars (like 2-3 minimal) You will not get anywhere in the game any time soon.

If you do it over time by farming it will take you likely close to a year or longer to be anywhere near being able to enjoy pvp and end game content.

The game literly does have potential to eat thousands from you at a alarming rate.

To be plain and simple, if you want to be part of the PVP scene and the endgame raiding, it will take a few thousand dollars.

If you want to just play around, kill some mobs, die to several other mobs, then its only like 100-200
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

18. 08. 2014, 18:51

PvPArtistNori

Débutant

Travail: PvP

18. 08. 2014, 18:54

If you want to join our guild "Utopie" on p2p empire message Shaffou, Downfall, Arenne, or Khundarsse if they're online or talk to anyone from Utopie you meet. ^^

(Empire is by far the strongest and most community oriented faction on p2p atm. We have 3x more active people than league)

18. 08. 2014, 23:37

Except empire sucks at goblinball

19. 08. 2014, 01:21

Pochtron

Disciple

Travail: Quitted

empire is by far the stronger faction in every way. league is mostly for the casual people.

thing is, unless you are able to spend LITERLY a few thousand dollars (like 2-3 minimal) You will not get anywhere in the game any time soon.

If you do it over time by farming it will take you likely close to a year or longer to be anywhere near being able to enjoy pvp and end game content.

The game literly does have potential to eat thousands from you at a alarming rate.

To be plain and simple, if you want to be part of the PVP scene and the endgame raiding, it will take a few thousand dollars.

If you want to just play around, kill some mobs, die to several other mobs, then its only like 100-200
I agree on the general idea. I don't agree on the figures, though.

You can't expect to win all after only a few days/weeks of gaming. But if you put some heart & will on your char, along with a few hundred bucks over time, you can enjoy game in a few months.

By enjoying i mean you'll prolly have some decent runes (7+), basic CS items (blue ones or better) and some gear+mount. You will also have found a guild to back you up, and with this you can do all raids including the 60+ one, Eclipse.

Of course in Domi (pvp) you'll be stomped by top guilds, and don't expect too much in world pvp (KoE) with this kind of gear. But if you lose some, you'll win some too, and overall you can have some decent journey in Allods.

If you want to be top dawg and in best guilds, the price tag rises to the amounts stated in the post above (and maybe more). Or instead of waiting a few months, you wait a few years.

Bottom line is : patience. I mean, more than usual. The unit of time in allods is months, when it is weeks or less in other games.

19. 08. 2014, 01:26

Intoshadows

Disciple

Travail: Dad. Artist. Psychonaut. Allods noob.

Yeah, if you want ro jump onto Allods and immediately be on par with with the best in pvp and raids it will cost you "several thousand dollars" but who realistically comes into a game expecting this type of immediate access?

Most hard-core gamers I know(myself included) understand that to fully pimp out a character it is gonna also take some time. Now the thing is when you set your sights on something realistic, like say, being endgame ready within 3-6 months then the astronomical price that folks are quick to toss up starts to go down a great deal.

For example, I am a newer player and here is an example of how someone may approach Allods:

Okay, I no longer need to pay subscription fee for Wow=15$'s month

Do I really need Netflix? More time for Allods without it=10$'s month

Was spending approximately 50$'s a month on Hearthstone. It's a cool game but I find myself not logging on now that I play Allods.

Right there is 75$ a month that can be re-budgeted towards Allods, since I enjoy it so much.

Now let's round down and say I spend 50 bucks a month, I addition to actually spending time in game grinding, and working on developing my character:

Will I be ready for the top guild and dominating the top Pvps after 4-5 months like this? No, probably not.

Should I expect to have reasonable runes 5's-6's(possibly a little higher)and access to most "required" or very convenient items from the Cs? Absolutly!

That's the thing about Allods transaction system, you can choose ro put in the time or the cash, or more reasonably, a combination of both.

However, there is the option for someone to make a new roon and be super decked out with literally a day, if you just have the cash to toss away like that. The point, yes, the option is there.

While I agree that playing Absolutly free, with zero money spent, it's on a be a gooood while to get to where your gonna do much, probably looking at years, but with a mixture of spending the time, as well as even a mere 50 bucks a month, it isn't that unreasonable to expect to at least be on basic par for endgame content within 4-6 months, especially if you learn the economy, play the Ah and take advantage of all the options that are there for you. And to me that time frame is totally acceptable.

I realize with the Wow generation, gamers have come to expect there hands to be held and so much given to the, but I personally like the feeling of achievement you can get from a game like Allods. Wow is so watered down now, it makes me sick, it a Candyland stroll to level cap and then epic loot is just smacked out of the piniota. No challenge, no character develeopment(compared to what it used to be BC and earlier)

Anyways, not to trash Wow, it's cool for certain type, just like Allods is super cool or a certain type.

Anyways, I don't even remember what my point was, so yeah...

19. 08. 2014, 01:41

Pochtron

Disciple

Travail: Quitted

It's funny our post were done at the same time (in same state ?) and we're basically saying the same, from an old liga player (me) and new imp player (you) pov :D

Discussions similaires

Noter cette discussion