You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 2:32am

New LUA engine/version

i have read some where that next patch will bring a new engine/version of lua for allods

EDIT: i read it HERE: http://de.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=4076

what are the benefits / changes that come with that?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 22nd 2014, 2:53pm)

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 10:29am

Yulian

Intermediate

Your link sends me to warning about paid addons thread...

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 2:52pm

With the patch 5.0.2, a different version of the LUA language is used for addons (LUA 5.1) and a different compiler (LUA Jit)

its just the "where" i have read we will get new lua engine/version

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 3:52pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Ah!!! Baka me... Indeed sound interesting would be very nice if someone could enlighten us...

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 3:59pm

Resha

Intermediate

Basically, you will have to update all your addons because most of them won't be compatible anymore.
From what I saw on russian client, the execution of addons is more "fluid" but may be only a feeling. I hope they will not cause some freeze.
Also the addons won't be disabled after each hotfix!

In terms of functionnalities, nothing new I think. Probably Zurion will have more info ^^
Drood retraité !