You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:05pm

Radiant Strongbox of the Wizard

Here you can discuss the Strongbox of the Wizard news.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:34pm

We get strongboxes because you cant deliver patch? :-P

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 12:48pm

The strongbox would have happened whether there was a patch or not.
At the end of the day, if it doesn't interest you, don't buy it - simple as.

Patches can come in one of 2 ways.
1. Rushed, buggy and poorly translated.
or
2. Slowly, with as many bugs squashed as possible, and translated correctly.
Yes, there were extenuating circumstances regarding the 5.0.01 update and the issues we had, but its not something I want to see again.

Talking entirely as a gamer, and not a Community Manger, I would much rather see patches come out later, and be right, then be hurried to "keep us happy" and come out wrong.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 1:15pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Are we ever gonna have a sale that isn't Strongbox or Strongbox style?

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 1:29pm

Quoted

Patches can come in one of 2 ways.
1. Rushed, buggy and poorly translated.
or
2. Slowly, with as many bugs squashed as possible, and translated correctly.
Yes, there were extenuating circumstances regarding the 5.0.01 update and the issues we had, but its not something I want to see again.

The patch 5.2 will come in any case? I mean it's sure we're not going to have directly the 6.0 patch by skipping the 5.2?

Additional question: is there any chance that we get a long term bank deposit sale in the future?

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 6:29pm

yes, we will still get 5.0.2.

We're just getting the 6.0 update info as we have moved into a more synchronised news announcement scheduled regarding "big" news, and the RU news release time.
There may still be a couple of things that come out of whack for various reasons, but on a whole that's the plan.

As for the bank deposit, to my knowledge there are no plans for it at the moment, how ever that could change.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 8:58pm

OK thanks for response.

I hope they'll change theyr plans about bank deposit since it's one of the most helpfull and desired item, and getting a little bonus in premium cristal each month is still the best way to keep people into the game.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 9:34pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Are my Questions always gonna go unanswered? I am sure I am not the only one that wants to know.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 10:26pm

Do we will ever get the ruby strongbox?
I know italiana re considered trash but we never had the chance in almost 2 years to buy that stronboxes so i hope u have in mind to sell them soon too...

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:20am

Do we will ever get the ruby strongbox?
I know italiana re considered trash but we never had the chance in almost 2 years to buy that stronboxes so i hope u have in mind to sell them soon too...

to me it seems every special item is available at least once / year so i think this will come soon too

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 6:45am

Concidering that 5.0.1 is still porly translated and got some bugs in it ( like all patches) i dont get it :-P
RU got the patch 1 month ago and how hard can it be to write it in both russian and english?

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 8:59am

I can understand that it takes long. This game is small, the company My.com is probably small, too and they can't hire a giant team of translators. Working as a translator is more complicated and hard than you might think. I don't know exactly what they have to do, so I wont explain it now.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 5:42pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Question as a new Allods player:

How will introduction of these "Radiant Strongboxes" effect the exchange rate or the economy in general?

Or will it effect anything at all?

I really hope it doesn't increase the cost of Crystals(boutique currency)because it is already WAY past the point of being manageable, especially for newer players.

I'm hoping these "Strongboxes" will make currency go down but I'm afraid it may have the opposite effect.

Someone please enlighten me on how these economics work!!!

Please/thanks!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Aug 23rd 2014, 4:34am)

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 1:29pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Strongboxes normally make the exchange rate higher. Especially the ones with the combat mounts in them.

Monday, August 25th 2014, 1:54am

Please/thanks!!

note: i am from EU-server, it might was different on NA-sever

for example carnifex-sale:

when we had strongboxes which were sold in packs, 1, 10 and 30 units for example, ppl usually had enough gold to buy the discount price 30 box or let it be completely because the price difference was big
the rich ones bought multipack and sold the boxes cheaper than singlebuy, but more expensive than multipack
this way is was a win-win: rich ones get richer and poor ones save a bit of gold

since in majority only mulitpack was sold, not so many boutique coins (which are now crystals) were spent
(again, the poor ones bought for gold from AH, so less exchange, less growing of rate)

now, we have had only ONE price, no matter how much you buy, which makes almost every player try his luck and exchange, since there is no punishment for buying only small amount of boxes
but in summary, MUCH more gold gets exchanged, which raises the rate

---> this is negative exchange effect

however when someone who plays with real $ wins something x2 for example, he will sell on AH for gold, expensive as possible
once the sale is over, some other real $ player might want that item and due to the high cost he simply exchange $ to gold -> rate goes down

---> this is positive exchange effect

there are more details and its more complex, but i guess this gives the answer you were searching...

my record of exchange shows that after some time rate goes back to "normal",it stays between 62 and 64 gold / crystal

but keep in mind that the high rate primary comes from the absurdly high availability of gold for EVERY player now....

Monday, August 25th 2014, 3:54am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Please/thanks!!

note: i am from EU-server, it might was different on NA-sever

for example carnifex-sale:

when we had strongboxes which were sold in packs, 1, 10 and 30 units for example, ppl usually had enough gold to buy the discount price 30 box or let it be completely because the price difference was big
the rich ones bought multipack and sold the boxes cheaper than singlebuy, but more expensive than multipack
this way is was a win-win: rich ones get richer and poor ones save a bit of gold

since in majority only mulitpack was sold, not so many boutique coins (which are now crystals) were spent
(again, the poor ones bought for gold from AH, so less exchange, less growing of rate)

now, we have had only ONE price, no matter how much you buy, which makes almost every player try his luck and exchange, since there is no punishment for buying only small amount of boxes
but in summary, MUCH more gold gets exchanged, which raises the rate

---> this is negative exchange effect

however when someone who plays with real $ wins something x2 for example, he will sell on AH for gold, expensive as possible
once the sale is over, some other real $ player might want that item and due to the high cost he simply exchange $ to gold -> rate goes down

---> this is positive exchange effect

there are more details and its more complex, but i guess this gives the answer you were searching...

my record of exchange shows that after some time rate goes back to "normal",it stays between 62 and 64 gold / crystal

but keep in mind that the high rate primary comes from the absurdly high availability of gold for EVERY player now....
Thanks. Very helpful and it as I assumed similar to real stock exchange.

So Crystals have been hovering between 62-65 for quite some time now and this considered norm?

Monday, August 25th 2014, 12:38pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

So Crystals have been hovering between 62-65 for quite some time now and this considered norm?
I hope not... 1,5 - 2 years ago in NA server, normal was around 8g. But a lot has changed since then and I haven't checked the exchange rate that often to know what the "normal" is now. But then again even AH prices were a lot cheaper... you could buy a top mount of the day with 10k - 50k g, now it's like 300k!

AO-player said that pretty much everyone have gold like trash... I'd correct that into almost every ACTIVE OLD players have crazy amounts of gold (in terms of even having several millions). In other words rich are rich and rest are managing or poor.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Monday, August 25th 2014, 2:00pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I hope not... 1,5 - 2 years ago in NA server, normal was around 8g. But a lot has changed since then and I haven't checked the exchange rate that often to know what the "normal" is now. But then again even AH prices were a lot cheaper... you could buy a top mount of the day with 10k - 50k g, now it's like 300k!

AO-player said that pretty much everyone have gold like trash... I'd correct that into almost every ACTIVE OLD players have crazy amounts of gold (in terms of even having several millions). In other words rich are rich and rest are managing or poor.
A lot has changed since you left and came back. Welcome back by the way.
The top mount part of this really depends on what you see as the top mount. Battle mounts are well over a million.

Tuesday, August 26th 2014, 3:08pm

i meant that every player, even new ones with runes 2-1-1 1-1-1 can get ~ 5000 gold / day
it was never that high for everyone

Rate this thread