You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 6:27pm

Can we get updates for OUR patches?

I get the thing about wanting to spread the word of the new 6.0 patch, but seriously? If you are taking the time to translate these, hurry up and do the 5.2 patch which is OUR next patch.

We are not the russian server. We will not get 6.0 for sometime. Give us info on the next patch WE get please? I mean you clearly are taking the time to do 6.0 info patches, take a step back and think for a moment. This could have been our 5.2 info patch. instead we learn about the very cliche race of animal people who live in a jungle and go through such hard life rituals. bravo.. so original. Oh look, they are cats too! *headdesk*
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 6:33pm

You will get the 5.0.2 info soon enough.

Whether you get the 5.0.2 pre-info now or in the coming weeks, it still won't change when the actual patch comes, and that is still some time away.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 6:47pm

regardless if 5.2 is far away it makes 0 sense to be giving 6.0 previews over the 5.2 when it is not even going to be introduced to us for close to a year.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:03pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Well, I think the cats are kinda cool or whatever but I do agree: Some info on on 5.2's release date would be very much welcomed and appreciated.

I've only been in the Allods community for a short time and I already get the strong feeling that Eu and especially NA players are almost like an afterthought. I understand that the main population is located is Ru but please don't forget that we are dedicated(and paying) costumers here.

It does make one kinda scratch their head when you start hearing all the hype about the next major patch(6.0) when we haven't even received the 5.2 update...

P.s I suggest just merge all servers(Ru and Eu/NA) into one and implement an in game translater so we can communicate among each other(similar to FFXI with the Japanese and American, which was wildly successful and is still going strong)...just an idea.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:14pm

Gramarye

Professional

regardless if 5.2 is far away it makes 0 sense to be giving 6.0 previews over the 5.2 when it is not even going to be introduced to us for close to a year.

+ !!!!!!!

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:17pm

Effreti

Trainee

i think they only did the pridens (such an awful name) preview to get people excited for a new race, both on RU and EU/NA. I don't really mind the lack of 5.2 news, since I read everything about it months ago on allods.ru, but I can get why people are upset.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:44pm

Wraith mentioned the reason why we're getting the 6.0 previews in another thread:

Radiant Strongbox of the Wizard

Quoted

We're just getting the 6.0 update info as we have moved into a more synchronised news announcement scheduled regarding "big" news, and the RU news release time. There may still be a couple of things that come out of whack for various reasons, but on a whole that's the plan.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 9:33pm

Wraith mentioned the reason why we're getting the 6.0 previews in another thread:

Radiant Strongbox of the Wizard

Quoted

We're just getting the 6.0 update info as we have moved into a more synchronised news announcement scheduled regarding "big" news, and the RU news release time. There may still be a couple of things that come out of whack for various reasons, but on a whole that's the plan.

And here, in this thread is exactly the reason why.

i think they only did the pridens (such an awful name) preview to get people excited for a new race, both on RU and EU/NA. I don't really mind the lack of 5.2 news, since I read everything about it months ago on allods.ru, but I can get why people are upset.

None of the news regarding 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2 was actually news for most people when we announced it.
Yes, I would have very much liked to have started the syncing with 5.2, but that was not possible, so we have to make do with syncing 6.0.0 and giving you 5.0.2 info soon.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 9:54pm

Nice, so when a few people say they don't mind the lack of 5.2 update info cause they just use Google translate you guys listen. When 90% of the population screams for something to be done about the glitches and bugs in the game, the near crippling cash shop prices, you guys ignore it.

Get off your high horse and stop trying to justify yourself

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 10:46pm

same here, i been impatiently waiting for a 5.2 update or date, and i go to the home page to see another 6.0 update. y u do that

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 11:55pm

I used Effreti's quote purely as an example, not as the 'only' reason. The 5.0.2 pre-info is not far away, yet the vast majority of the "news" about 5.0.2 will not be new to most people who read the forums.

This was blatantly obvious long before 5.0.2, even before 5.0.1 was released that no one really paid attention to the news about the patches because there was hardly anything NEW in the information that was being posted due to the RU server received the 5.0.1 information a months before it was ready here.
By doing the very simple thing of adjusting a news scheduled so both sets of communities get the major information at the same time (or very close to it), we bring you the news while it is still new and exciting, and accurate.

After all, Google Translate is not the most reliable source for news, and while there are a number of fairly reliable 3rd party sources that translate things, it does not mean they will be 100% correct, as Allods is a fictional story, the translators sometimes makes the choice to adjust things because it works better for the European languages.

Glitches and bugs - http://support.my.com/games/kbPage/6/
That has been there since the ticket system was introduced.
Very few of the "bug reports" that get posted actually come with full information, just a 'X doesn't work for me, fix it'.
While the more technical minded people try and help where possible, and we forward as many issues as we can - we can't report all the issues for you.. some things come down to your machine, an incorrect setting or a program conflict, some things we are simply unable to reproduce - if we can't reproduce an issue then we can't narrow down where the cause is to fix it.

As for the cash shop stuff, I was not around prior to the merge, so I can only go on what I have been told, some say there is no difference beyond the base currency being in Euros instead of Dollars (you cannot blame Allods for the global currency exchange rate..), a few others say that there is a difference, where as the vast majority say nothing and spend as much as they want too happily enough.

p.s.
I have been working around online games for over a decade now, and I know for a FACT that the 90% statistic you used is over inflated (Even if we took a very low estimate of 2k active players, 90% would mean there would be 1.800 players complaining all the time, and this is defiantly not the case), it may be 90% of the people you know, but it does not cover the entire community. There are plenty of people happily and quietly getting on with things.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 11:55pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

same here, i been impatiently waiting for a 5.2 update or date, and i go to the home page to see another 6.0 update. y u do that
Ikr!

Isn't this forum for Eu and NA? Or is it shared with Ru? Real question btw.

If its is Eu/NA exclusive, they should be posting information relevant to getting us excited for what's coming next...not what the Russian gamer is about to be getting. I mean, it's nice to know but it's kinda hard to get excited for them when we haven't even heard anything(official) about what's coming next for us.

Sure I can go Google translate the Ru forums and make out bits and pieces of info here and there...but c'mon, make ME excited about what's to happen! Keep ALL your players in the loop and make US feel like we are a part of Allods too!

Thanks!

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:24am

There are plenty of people happily and quietly getting on with things.

i could not agree more here
most ppl dont even bother visiting / posting on the forum, beeing too busy enjoying the game

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:40am

Very few bug reports eh? Thats because we are very used to them not getting fixed for months.

And I find it amusing how you say my statistic is over inflated. I dare you to post a poll, and ADVERTISE THE POLL Asking if players are happy with the current cash shop prices. leave it up for a week, and then let us look at the responses. If you actually advertise it and let all the players know what is happening then I am sure you will get some nice numbers to go off of.

Of course you wont do that cause I feel you know I am probably close to the actual % on how unhappy people are with the cash shop prices, granted the CS in the game is disgusting, the game itself is fun and a bit addicting.

The other reason you probably wont post it is because the devs probably don't give 2 craps on what their customers feel.

Seeing as how there is already a thread talking about the disgusting difference in cash shop prices between us and the ru servers, if you post a poll and assure us the devs will actually look at it. Advertise that the poll is up. Lets see what we get. Until then everything you say gets taken with a grain of salt by a large amount of the people here.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:45am

reeah19

Intermediate

no offense wraith but we expect more from someone that has "experience", atm it seems no one from team can handle the things, not all complaing about everything, but there are a few situation that have been perpetuating for months already (i.e. AOD invincibility, Wellebell ogres throwing you up up till you die, MOS waves, last week localisations was the one used right after 5.0 aka the one that had the most problems even tho 2 weeks ago the loca was fine, the lag in Novograd atm is worse than NA pre merge when you know what happened, etc)

either you dont have enough ppl in the team or you guys don't have so much real experience...

alot of ppl dont even read the forums because nothing changes even if they say something, some of em are kids, ofc they don't know how to send a bug report, don't blame it on the ones that play and play, it's not their job to debug, and after lots of reports concering a bug it should be fixed in a resonable time let's say 2 months !?

translating 5.2 patch notes shouln't take more than few hours tho... at least post em translated with google x.x
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:52am

Ikr!

Isn't this forum for Eu and NA? Or is it shared with Ru? Real question btw.

If its is Eu/NA exclusive, they should be posting information relevant to getting us excited for what's coming next...not what the Russian gamer is about to be getting. I mean, it's nice to know but it's kinda hard to get excited for them when we haven't even heard anything(official) about what's coming next for us.

Sure I can go Google translate the Ru forums and make out bits and pieces of info here and there...but c'mon, make ME excited about what's to happen! Keep ALL your players in the loop and make US feel like we are a part of Allods too!

Thanks!

Firstly, there is no EU / NA any more.. we are all one community, regardless of what language that is spoken, or time zones you are in.

I have underlined an important part of your post, and I will say.. That is the very reason we are doing this!
We're currently in a transition period, It was not possible to synchronise the news posting for 5.0.2, so we had to start with 6.0.0.
Yet if we delayed posting the 6.0.0 news for 5.0.2 because its "more relevant" then there would be no change.. all the news that RU gets would still get posted to our forum the same day RU gets it, and again when it comes to us posting the info, most people are not interested. Should we start banning / censoring any one that starts posting "exciting" news from RU because it "spoils" things?

Once 5.0.2 is out of the way, the news will be properly synchronised, both RU and us will post the same explanations around the same time, thus "everyone will be in the loop". So while the overlap is not ideal, it will only be short lived.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 12:57am

reeah19

Intermediate

just don't blame the player/custome for asking stuff, some of us get the fact that some request are plain dumb but some are very relevant and make experience with the game not so bright
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 1:01am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

I hate to come off like a complainer, as the game is fucking fantastically awesome! May e that's why we get so fired up and incensed in our posts here?

Anyways, even if this is a bit off-topic, I would like to say that the cash shop prices could come down 30-40%(from where that are today) and although this would still be a quite disgusting amount of money, I can guarantee that the lower prices would offer incentive for people into spending more money that they do now.

I understand the need to make money, as well as the F2p business model but perhaps try to direct a bit more of the steepest priced items towards vanity items and/or luxury items. I mean, at least bring the crystal chips pricing down. For a new player trying to get into the game and investing in runes/pat5(and other necessities)it is the equivalent of purchasing a used car.

An alternative would be to offer end-game quests that can help to partially speed along some of the itemizing process. Merely as a suggestion, perhaps a weekly quest that rewards a level 60 with 250 crystal chips and/or 50 holy symbols...or something minor like this. This would get the player rolling and make them more willing to go ahead and spend some money now that the task doesn't seem completely daunting.

Side-tangent, sorry. Great-game! Keep us updated!

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 1:34am

Your putting words into my mouth.. I did not say I expected people to debug problems themselves, I was saying they need to help provide the information so those that can find the problems are able to do so.
We (the board team) are not developers here, some issues we can help with because they have come up before and we have a solution that is known to work. on other cases - we have no idea what causes it, which is why its necessary to submit a ticket direct to the support team so they can look into it, and help find the cause otherwise it has to go through 2, or 3 people, which can not only be time consuming for all, but also increases the chance of lost, or misunderstood information.

Its not as simple as 'oh, there are 15 people that have the same issue', lets take the lag for example, what could be causing it for one, might be fine for the next person, the lag might be server side, it might be due to a certain ISP, and the route it takes from their computer to the game servers, it might be down to an incompatibility between a graphics driver or a background program causing a conflict, it could be any number of things - which is why its important for each person to submit a ticket if nothing that has been suggested on the forums works.

We do our best and forward some of the major issues when we can, but that does not mean its a simple fix.. or that the developers know exactly where the cause is.
Some things might be down to the game not being designed initially to be merged.. some aspects might need a 100% complete rewrite to work properly again *note - that is just being hypothetical*

@ Ryan, of course players are going to vote for a price reduction, whether they are content with the prices as they are or not, that's a no-brainer for everyone.
As for the RU servers, have you actually looked at the price difference between the Euro (or Dollar) and the Rouble? To buy 1 crystal on this server would cost 0.48 Rubles, compared to the 0.01 (Euro) and the 0.013 (Dollar), so of course there will be a difference. Also If you look at most things, there is a significant difference between the price of things in Europe / America and over in Russia.

Friday, August 22nd 2014, 2:07am

Lets see that poll.