You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:28am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

• "Intoshadows" started this thread

Alchemy: Expert advice and opinion needed.

So, I've always loved alchemy in every game where it is available, as well as having a passion for studying it in real life.

With that said, I had a few questions to ask, not only as a new level 60 character, but as one new to Allods in general.

*Is alchemy a viable profession in Allods? Is it worth it as a new 60 to go back and level the profession up?

As an extension of the above questions, what kind of investment(gold and time) should I expect to get alchemy maxed?

*What kind of return can I expect to make on said investment in comparison to the cost associated with leveling it?

*And finally,what it the best way to utilize the alchemy profession for making gold? What potions/elixirs can I create that sell well? Will I have access to gaining more amalgam than if I otherwise didn't have the alchemy profession?

I am aware this is a rather extensive questioning and I REALLY appreciate anyone that can take time to help me.

Thanks!!!

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:02pm

*Is alchemy a viable profession in Allods? Is it worth it as a new 60 to go back and level the profession up?

its the most viable profession in allods since all kinds of potions are non permanent and thus there is always the need for more, while the useful things from the craftinprofessions are -time usage and so its cheaper and better to just buy from someone theoretically

As an extension of the above questions, what kind of investment(gold and time) should I expect to get alchemy maxed?

depends on whether you pick the herbs manually or buy the looter-instructions (-> autocollect herbs, i STRONGLY recommend that)
in summary over long time its worth it

*What kind of return can I expect to make on said investment in comparison to the cost associated with leveling it?

- boosting your chars temporary
- get & sell amalgam (however for selfuse tkarik seems better!)
- sell potions on AH to get gold
- sometimes ppl make worldshouts the buy for example 500x health potion or something, thats also an attractive goldsource for some alchemists

*And finally,what it the best way to utilize the alchemy profession for making gold? What potions/elixirs can I create that sell well? Will I have access to gaining more amalgam than if I otherwise didn't have the alchemy profession?

proficiency & brutality potions, HP and mana potions are the best-selling i think
you can also sell the amalgam, but i personally think there are better ways of getting gold (except you sell the amalgam for high price ofc, but thats hard since many ppl sell)

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 3:22pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

its the most viable profession in allods since all kinds of potions are non permanent and thus there is always the need for more, while the useful things from the craftinprofessions are -time usage and so its cheaper and better to just buy from someone theoretically

depends on whether you pick the herbs manually or buy the looter-instructions (-> autocollect herbs, i STRONGLY recommend that)
in summary over long time its worth it

- boosting your chars temporary
- get & sell amalgam (however for selfuse tkarik seems better!)
- sell potions on AH to get gold
- sometimes ppl make worldshouts the buy for example 500x health potion or something, thats also an attractive goldsource for some alchemists

proficiency & brutality potions, HP and mana potions are the best-selling i think
you can also sell the amalgam, but i personally think there are better ways of getting gold (except you sell the amalgam for high price ofc, but thats hard since many ppl sell)
Wow! Thanks for the in-depth response! It is great to know that one of my favorite professions is actually viable in this game!

Thank you kindly for all the information it is most helpful.

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 4:49pm

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 5:48pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Note: Loothelper Pet is first thing I'm saving for!

Btw, what's the difference between the Magpie, The Aviater and The Basket? Are they all Lootpets? I see they cost different though?

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 10:05pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

As far as I know they are all the same - looters that is. The Aviater and Basket are just newer (fancier), thus more expensive. The Magpie was the very first and only loot pet for quite some time. They all need the extra handbooks from boutique in order to collect herbs and/or minerals. The pet alone only collects loots from mob kills. (Now days there's a cheaper option "Helpers Manuals" to buy both books at once at 950 crystals when buying them separately would cost 1200 crystals. But if you are sure you'll only ever need it for herbs, then you should get the Tops and Roots manual at 600 crystals. However, all of your current or future reincarnations gets the looter pet and its abilities open, thus I personally recommend the Helpers Manual pack.)

As far as professions go in Allods, none of them are truly essential considering the benefits versus costs, although they've become a lot more useful during the game's development. As far as alchemy goes, it's a really expensive profession (I know, because I've always had it on every toon and its a real gold sink to level and use.)

What comes to leveling alchemy... it's the quickest one to level time wise as you get herbs from every zone that can be used in multiple potions no matter of the potion level unlike crafting professions - blacksmithing, leatherworking, tailoring, weaponsmithing - that need materials from specific zones for certain levels and need to produce different materials from the ores/leathers/cloths to actually make stuff. But alchemy also drains gold like a tick sucks blood because the solvents that are costly after level 40. Vendoring the potions you make while leveling earns you probably less than 100 golds from level 1 to 60 while you'll be using several thousand golds making them. At the same time there's really no market for low level potions either.

Considering the usefulness and gold making, AO-player pretty much summed everything up and I agree with the amalgam part too - selling them in AH after a lengthy mob farming to actually produce them with the current competition (everyone does it) is a waste of good playtime until you're so geared that you single shot all mobs.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Saturday, August 23rd 2014, 11:54pm

until you're so geared that you single shot all mobs.

even then there is a HUGE problem: there is a cooldown on the extractor! this is what killed amalgam quest for me

Btw, what's the difference between the Magpie, The Aviater and The Basket? Are they all Lootpets? I see they cost different though?

The Basket? do you mean the fairy? whatever, all loothelpers are the same technically
its only different look / animation / sound... so i recommend get the bird (cheapest)

But alchemy also drains gold like a tick sucks blood because the solvents that are costly after level 40. Vendoring the potions you make while leveling earns you probably less than 100 golds from level 1 to 60 while you'll be using several thousand golds making them. At the same time there's really no market for low level potions either.

have you leveled your alchemy BEFORE the crafting patch? because before they improved the crafting it was really a gold-drain like nothing else
but now, where the prices went down so much and gold is blown into your.... pocket... its almost cheap to level it

another protip: there are improvements for the mortars... they seem expensive at 1st, but, BUY ALL OF THEM! this is NOT a good way to save gold... because you will make less successful pots without them and thus lose more gold in the end

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 12:06am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

You guys are great! Thanks for all of the advice.

I'm not sure yet, at what point I am going to undertake the task of leveling alchemy, I may put my focus more on growing my runes and farming gold for the Lootpet and a few other little goodies and do alchemy a little bit later on when gold is more comfortable for me.

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 2:34pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

have you leveled your alchemy BEFORE the crafting patch? because before they improved the crafting it was really a gold-drain like nothing else
but now, where the prices went down so much and gold is blown into your.... pocket... its almost cheap to level it
With Gwin, yes, but with incarns it has been this patch and it still drains gold like hell. I strongly disagree with the easy gold gain that all GEARED ppl say it is. It's not that, if you aren't geared enough or don't have the best build for it (nor have double build open or perma VOD) or a good guild or good friends. It's not impossible but it's no way near as easy as some people say it is.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 3:05pm

You guys are great! Thanks for all of the advice.

I'm not sure yet, at what point I am going to undertake the task of leveling alchemy, I may put my focus more on growing my runes and farming gold for the Lootpet and a few other little goodies and do alchemy a little bit later on when gold is more comfortable for me.

Honestly, from a pure f2p player's perspective, levelling alchemy is *THE* first thing you should do after hitting level cap, sink all your leveling gold into that if you must, it IS well worth it. It will be your go-to method of obtaining gold for everything else.

Amalgam quest turns far quicker profit than any of the recently added "gold farming" activities even with the cooldown.

Only thing I could imagine being faster farming is if you get an overpowered team for battlegrounds consistently and win back-to-back every single time with the perfect outcome, utterly crushing the opposing side (like capping all 3 points in WH). However, that is by no means real and even if it was, the weekly cap would kick in.

Since the 5.0.1 gold and gray item drop nerf, having alchemy maxed is in fact way more important than even having the loot pet.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 24th 2014, 3:11pm)

Monday, August 25th 2014, 3:44am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Okay thanks all!

I may consider prioritizing Alchemy over all other expenditures then, if it that lucrative an investment...

I really like farming mobs(REALLY enjoy it!!) but it seems the developers of Allods do not want that to be a gold source anymore unfortunately.

Sad panda bear, as farming mobs is my favorite thing to do in games =(

Again thx for the info's everyone.

Monday, August 25th 2014, 10:33pm

I really like farming mobs(REALLY enjoy it!!) but it seems the developers of Allods do not want that to be a gold source anymore unfortunately.

For a moment I thought I am alone on this :thumbup:

Monday, August 25th 2014, 11:46pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

For a moment I thought I am alone on this :thumbup:
I will try to find a spot to grind mobs for coin(my head is very hard). Nothing I like more than to put on some music and go from mob to mob to mob to mob to mob, just killing and chilling.

If by some miracle I find a good spot, I will tell only you Dala!!!

Friday, August 29th 2014, 9:03am

Duelya

Trainee

Amalgam quest turns far quicker profit than any of the recently added "gold farming" activities even with the cooldown.

Only thing I could imagine being faster farming is if you get an overpowered team for battlegrounds consistently and win back-to-back every single time with the perfect outcome, utterly crushing the opposing side (like capping all 3 points in WH). However, that is by no means real and even if it was, the weekly cap would kick in.
I juuuuust gotta ask, have you tried/heard of goblinball?
i got 6x 60 levels, and by doin the first victory with all of them daily is well around 6x gold symbol as in 6x1800g...
So i just wanna comment when ppl say something is "best" "fastest" way to farm... show me a way where u farm faster than a gold symbol in 10minutes ^^ (of crs its not 100% victory always), but me for myself , i can play goboball, i can ignore the nabs and the rages and just play, i can take a lose, ill forward the "FUUUUUuuuuu" Nness to next game and win that with the anger :D

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:56am

juuuuust gotta ask, have you tried/heard of goblinball?
i got 6x 60 levels, and by doin the first victory with all of them daily is well around 6x gold symbol as in 6x1800g...
So i just wanna comment when ppl say something is "best" "fastest" way to farm... show me a way where u farm faster than a gold symbol in 10minutes ^^ (of crs its not 100% victory always), but me for myself , i can play goboball, i can ignore the nabs and the rages and just play, i can take a lose, ill forward the "FUUUUUuuuuu" Nness to next game and win that with the anger :D

That is relying on other people not failing and here is the flaw.

A symbol of gold is about the same as one Amalgam Concentrate, if getting a symbol of gold takes you 10 minutes when you win, you are ahead if you win three times, you can afford one loss for it to be equal still, if you lose more than once you're behind.

Not sure if you count the 10 minutes with queue time or not, because if it's 10 minutes + queue, then it's even worse.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2014, 7:51pm

I strongly disagree with the easy gold gain that all GEARED ppl say it is. It's not that, if you aren't geared enough or don't have the best build for it (nor have double build open or perma VOD) or a good guild or good friends. It's not impossible but it's no way near as easy as some people say it is.

i was not geared at all for a long time, and when i was farming heavily i also had NO dualspec... perma-VOD was only a dream at this time for me
the only thing i did was beeing in farming spec all time
until now, where farming is weakedned so much, beeing in farming spec was the BEST thing to do, because leveling and farming is similar and while you can still do alomost everything with a farming spec you cannot do farimng with some other specs

NOW, with new KOE, tkarik etc you dont even need a farming spec any longer, you can be in pvpspec all the time and still gain gold like a boss, even on undergeared chars (some of mine are ~ 23.000!)
farming wellebell does not require any special spec and so does not any other relevant content...

thats why i say its so easy now
even a friend of mine with only full level 2 runes gains his 5000 gold / day... and he is NOT playing all the day 8o

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 4:54pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

I just wanted to report back to update what I have learned especially for any new players that may be considering Alchemy as a profession.

First of all, it should be noted that Alchemy is a pain in the ass to level! There is an addon that helps with this and I would recommend to anyone to first download it. Also, it didn't seem that expense to level. Maybe 5k. When you get to the higher levels just stick to the potions that require the cheaper reagents.

Second of all, "The Highest Art" quest is TOTALLY worth leveling Alchemy to 60. I can run this quest 3 times in 2 hours and easily net myself 17k gold. This is selling slightly low at around 1.9k each for a faster turn-over). So that basically 8-8.5k an hour, which is far better than I can farm anywhere else(including Tiky-Riky's)

SO from a mostly free-to-play player this is not a bad cut.

P.s. Looter Pet(with Herb gathering manual) should be first thing on your buy list. Not having to run and pick up loot each kill cuts my farming time literally by 85%. Totally worth it. I would prioritize Loot Helper Pet over any other item in the game, including runes. The only item I would place higher than Loot Pet for a new player is a good mount.

This is my opinion.

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 6:49pm

Sanctuary

Beginner

I just wanted to report back to update what I have learned especially for any new players that may be considering Alchemy as a profession.

Thank you so much for getting back on this! So often findings and experiences aren't reported. You saved someone a lot of trouble or convinced a patient person to hang in there and what to focus on. Good job!

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 11:17pm

i agree here, getting feedback is a nice thing :)

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 5:08am

Did someone notice about getting less amalgam this days with "the highest art of alchemy" or it's just me?