You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 6:50am

Gold exchange due to merge/transfer arabic players

I dunno if it's allowed to make this thread, but I do not mean to harm.

First of all, will we see a merge or a transfer of accounts?
If there will be a merge and not transfer, will you let the shard price stay the same?

I see 2 sides of this coin.

1. People who keep their gold without to exchange pay a huge risk, that their gold either will be less or more worth.
2. people who try to abuse the system because they already know the different ratios in each region.

Some in group one will obv. go group 2 so that they won't get in front or behind someone els.

Way this was handled before: Ban all chars who showed sign of doing this speculation.
- but was it the right choice? Some of them just didn't wanted to lose buying power.

Tbh. at the moment I think the best solution would be to transfer the accounts without changing anything at the NPC.

What are the players and managements idea about this?
Do players have other solutions in mind?

Also remember guys.. It may be that you get a small benefit with using this ratio exchange, but another guy will just buy 10x the amount you did, generating an even higher bonus and in the end it will hurt you more. :thumbsup:

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 7:52am

Artuditu

Trainee

I really hope the exchange NPC will be left out of this :)

The exchange rate will probably go up a little by itself only because we'll have more players buying BC for gold but altering it so it's closer to the ridiculous 1:114 (where xp folio costs 2bc or 5 before discount and Iridescent Jar costs like 1/3 of ours) is a rather silly thing to do.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 11:33am

First of all, will we see a merge or a transfer of accounts?

merge it same as transfer :3

AR player will can join in EN server with same account in AR and they not lost any thing from they accounts :) (gold,item,ship,character, shadow character, weapons , lvl , monster , ...)

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 12:57pm

The gold exchange is just one of many things that is due to be investigated before the merge.
The powers that be had only just received part of the information needed to begin the investigation into it, let alone finish it and decide on the correct course of action.
Which is one of the reasons we were caught off guard by their early announcement.
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 1:34pm

So that would suggest that the merger *will* happen, and it is just a matter of determining exactly when and how it happens?

I have no opinion one way or another on whether this is a positive or negative thing, and given that I'm on an Allodic pause for the moment(*), it seems generally poor form for me to comment further.

(*) For reasons that I've discussed elsewhere on this forum. I'll look in again when 5.0.02 comes out, more likely after the delivery of 6.0. Maybe it will be interesting to fire up a Priden...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 1:41pm

Way this was handled before: Ban all chars who showed sign of doing this speculation.
- but was it the right choice? Some of them just didn't wanted to lose buying power.

this is not breaking the rules

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 3:31pm

Thanks for the Info wraith..

Also i would like to tip you about arabic servers doing huge discounts atm., which may be breaking the server economi after merge. This has to be looked into also! :D

Friday, August 29th 2014, 4:07pm

exactly

using the exchangeservice that is provided as its inteded to use can never be an offense

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 29th 2014, 4:14pm)

Friday, August 29th 2014, 9:29pm

exactly

using the exchangeservice that is provided as its inteded to use can never be an offense

Arab price is 200g per BC, which means if they all sell before hand and then buy they will quadruple their BC's while driving the price for BC's on our server up to 200g each.

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 12:38am

exactly

Arab price is 200g per BC, which means if they all sell before hand and then buy they will quadruple their BC's while driving the price for BC's on our server up to 200g each.

thats how economy works
however i think that game-management will regulate something here

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 12:51am

thats how economy works

In RL that's how the economy works.

In a game though it's called bug abuse and a banable offense.

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 12:58am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

thats how economy works

In RL that's how the economy works.

I don't believe that calling it a "bug" is accurate...they would just be taking advantage of an already existing feature of the game and it would be stupid for them not too really.

However, I have faith that the ones in charge of the merge will take all of this into consideration and not allow this to negatively effect the market.

Its definitely not wrong for them to do this but ultimately it does lead to an advantage that they otherwise wouldn't have, so development team should step in and do something. It also wouldn't be fair to let it negatively impact the existing server with driving cost up for all of us..

In the end, this will be a test to see if the development team handles this properly. I have faith that they will.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Aug 30th 2014, 1:16am)

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 1:51am

Better cry beforehand...

Those evil arab players, that are going to destroy our server, are paying around 200$ for 2k of the Arabcrystals.
I don't think that they got that many players who are willing to pay over 200$ to influence our crystalshard exchange rate in any form.
( Well ofc. if my.com decides to even it out and changes those arabcrystals 1:10 it would be kind of bad)
The bigger problem are those nasty discounts the publisher gives to them.( 70% discount on some items)
Gooby plz!

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Delio" (Aug 30th 2014, 2:10am)

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 2:33am

Quoted from "metallix6"

again, its a function that is wanted to work this way
if game development would have wanted to prevent this, it would not be possible

we will see how they manage the situation regarding the arabic economy

its really ridiculous to say that using the currency exchange is a bug or a bannable offense...

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 5:16am

Quoted from "metallix6"

again, its a function that is wanted to work this way
if game development would have wanted to prevent this, it would not be possible

we will see how they manage the situation regarding the arabic economy

its really ridiculous to say that using the currency exchange is a bug or a bannable offense...

No it isn't, it's an unintentional side effect that wasn't figured into things when they made the server merge system.

Just like the people who got banned for traderoute bug and item dupping.

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 9:28am

Windstorm

Trainee

If it's like that ,and the crystal price would be 200 g for 1 crystal,then I think the Allods would become the most expensive game i've ever played. Interminabile farming ,hell slow upgrade rate ,making the all fun for a game to drop down for most players .Astral isles very repetitive ,farming again repetitive ,difference between the cash shop players and casual players becomes really big and some ppl can't keep up with it .Plus the intense lag ,especially during weekends,poor customer support also ,and i'd say kind of bad management too. Imho ,if the price of crystals will rise ,i would have no motivation to top up anymore . We can't compare arabic prices with the eu ones,as the economy of our countries are lots of different.What is a normal price for arabian players ,would sure become expensive for a romanian player for example . 200$ for 2k of the Arabcrystals? For 20 € we get 2k crystals...the difference its huge. Idk if will worth to play like that anymore if i understood well.( And pls don't tell me to move on the paid server and start all over after i still been invested some in game ,its simply not a solution.) And i think i'm not the only one thinking like that..Allods at this point for me looks like a huge farming sistem already;but for 200g on 1 crystal,huh...Do i understand something wrong in here?

Saturday, August 30th 2014, 10:26am

The arabic real money Price is too huge for just 1, even tho the price is cheaper in the end. You will have to use a lot more money everytime you stock up, because their crystals value is to big.
Talking about the relative price then their exchange rate is 11,4g.

11,4 g each BC with 70% discount in cash shop is giving them a huge advantage over this servers players.
I wouldn't mind the exchange rate so much tho, because they already closed account creation. The biggest trouble will be the discount in shop.. And if some rich oil king buys too much ;p

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 8:48am

Yulian

Intermediate

"No it isn't, it's an unintentional side effect that wasn't figured into things when they made the server merge system.

Just like the people who got banned for traderoute bug and item dupping." Metalix6 If they wouldn't have wanted people to take advantage of that they should just make a stable price for crystals themselves, for example 50g for a crystal or something. But since they made it to vary according to the flow of gold/crystals, it's only natural for people who are smart enough and they can feel when gold price will go up or down, to buy or sell!
Also let's put it like this: We have player X that didn't played game for like 2 months and before he stopped playing he changed all his gold into crystals, wich at that time they were let's say 50g one crystal. Then player X comes back after a server merge or something and he finds price like 100g for 1 crystal, wouldn't it be normal for him to get some gold? Why is it his fault that allods didn't made a static exchange rate?
P.S: I'm open to new ideas