You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 7:25pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

• "Intoshadows" started this thread

Implement "Music system" for mounts.

I know some folks are gonna scratch their heads at this one but I would love to see this be a thing.

So the idea behind it would be that you can equip a "system" that plays music while you are on your mounts. The music would be selections from Allods such as Goblin Ball theme music, title screen track, and various other music "files" that could be unlocked through questing or items.

Other players would be able to hear your music and you could do quests and such to improve the quality of your "mount music system" to make it louder to other players.

You could get a quest that starts you with a "common" quality system that could then be upgraded over time to become louder and with more bass(uncommon, rare, epic, legend, mythic).

There would also be new songs available to unlock through Cs or repeatable quests.

This would allow players to cruise around in style and stand out even further with more customization.

Note: You are dismounted in Yaskers so it wouldn't be annoying to people. Would mainly only be heard as players wisk by.

Note: The sound emitted from a "system" would be proximity based but with Epic+ systems being heard through entire zone.

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 9:01pm

i would rather turn off allods ingame music and listen to my own

i dont think ppl care for other ppls music-preferences :P

Wednesday, August 27th 2014, 11:33pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

I just want a way to ride around "bumping", would he ultimate of nerd meets street!

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 7:56am

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 8:13am

If I could turn off hearing other people's mount music, then OK, I guess. If not, then a big fat NO.

I'd imagine that in mount-capable zones, it would turn into a sort of online version of student stereo wars, especially if Epic+ flooded the entire zone.

Unless turning on your mount music also raised your PvP flag with a two-hours-connect-time cooldown...

Overall, I'd say no. It would be a negative thing. Mount music that only the rider can hear, OK, but not in broadcast mode, thanks.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 2:27pm

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Overall, I'd say no. It would be a negative thing. Mount music that only the rider can hear, OK, but not in broadcast mode, thanks.
I have to agree with that. Even if it was Allods' own music... Each zone already has a bg music and that's more than enough "noise" mixed with all battle etc sounds. I've many times played without headphones (screen doesn't have speakers at all) meaning completely mute playing and its very relaxing. But yea... what the quote above said hit the nail perfectly.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 5:16pm

A broadcast system is a great way to devastate system performance. FFXIV operates a system where mounts have their own BGM, but it overrides the zone BGM for the player only, and is tied to the mount.

Anything more complex, and anything involving affecting other players would generate too much performance bloat (just imagine how complex it would be working out the relative volumes in Novograd - and how cacophonic it would be!)
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thursday, August 28th 2014, 8:11pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

I can't help but smile big to myself. Thanks for taking my suggestion seriously.

Yeah, guess it would be cool but not very practical.

Rate this thread