You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 1:47pm

Paid Subscription, instantly regretted it!

Hi guys,

I was playing this game first on the F2P server, I do love it.
But I was like, wth, let's go and buy an subscription....
To be honest, I think I didn't read enough and well... since I thought you'll get the 30% even on the F2P server or any benefits on it as well!
The P2P server seems really dead... And I regret that I've sort of wasted € 10,- into the subscription....
Crap.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:17pm

Yes, the server SEEMS dead. But not if you play empire and join us in Utopie. We have 60 active members at the moment and are growing. At friday we've killed Bouncer, we're progressing in the endcontent and having a lot of fun. We even manage to pop goblinball and dominion within the guild. Message Shaffou, Arenne, Downfall or Khundarsse if they're online. Your money was not wasted. ^^
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:19pm

Yes, the server SEEMS dead. But not if you play empire and join us in Utopie. We have 60 active members at the moment and are growing. At friday we've killed Bouncer, we're progressing in the endcontent and having a lot of fun. We even manage to pop goblinball and dominion within the guild. Message Shaffou, Arenne, Downfall or Khundarsse if they're online. Your money was not wasted. ^^
Oh?
I'll make an Empire character immediately LOL.
Made an Empire character, Orc Warden named ; Linniey...

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:21pm

Tell me the name of him and you should be good to go.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:22pm

Guza

Intermediate

Having only 1 faction is dead enough for me XD

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:23pm

Tell me the name of him and you should be good to go.
Linniey

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:24pm

Having only 1 faction is dead enough for me XD
If you don't like PvP that doesn't really matter...
I just enjoy having people on my faction, I don't mind the other one lol.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 2:26pm

Yeah, the PvP's a problem but we can do it within the guild. Doing it in the guild is better tp teach newbies and progress tbh. Also if we're bored we raid the remaining leagues that are too scared of us now. :P

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 5:07pm

Single players returning or starting at random times is not going to cut it.

If you really want to kickstart this server, it requires a planned, coordinated return or fresh start of multiple people. And not 4-5, more like 20-30.

Such event has to be talked over and prepared in advance and would take massive effort informing and gathering people from different Internet communities.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 5:42pm

Yes, I fully agree with you, Dala. But right now we're at a very stable level where the game is enjoyable and we get a constant influx of people. I'm happy with that. I think it would really help if My.com would start to get some deals with some MMosites rolling. Something like "Win free subscription time for Allods online" or "Level a character to 10 and receive a package of free stuff"

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 5:47pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

2 Lvl 60's on Empire side. Leveled those 2 at the start of the merge/patch and saw maybe if I was lucky 1 person on when I was on. Might be better saying the times/time zone that you all are on instead of saying it only seems dead. When I still had my sub it was dead as a ghost town when I logged in. Even the tumble weed was so dead that it didn't move.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 5:50pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

If you really want to kickstart this server, it requires a planned, coordinated return or fresh start of multiple people. And not 4-5, more like 20-30.

Such event has to be talked over and prepared in advance and would take massive effort informing and gathering people from different Internet communities.
While some sort of event or even advertising would be nice, for some reason I don't see it happening. I actually had more fun on the P2P server when it first came out then I ever did on the F2P server.

Sunday, August 31st 2014, 6:55pm

The population is low... but that doesn't mean that we can't play the game. We're doing PvP, astral, Tep and every other endgame activity. I don't see the problem of many people.

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:43am

While some sort of event or even advertising would be nice, for some reason I don't see it happening. I actually had more fun on the P2P server when it first came out then I ever did on the F2P server.

That was directed at players, we can forget the company is going to lift a finger indeed.

Monday, September 1st 2014, 12:29pm

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

As I recall
from his thread:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…D=2531&pageNo=1

(last 2
pages to be exact)

There was
or will be a board meeting regarding future and possible
rework/revamp/re-opening or whatever of
sub server. This was like 3 months ago. From what I read on forum I don’t
see any change or improvement in p2p population and general server reception by
people. So, were there any kind of
decisions made ? I’m curious.

Monday, September 1st 2014, 3:56pm

frstfire

Beginner

My hypothesis is:

My.com continues to push CS items to continue milking paying players in continuing to buy said items. (you have to make up your losses somehow from purchasing a dying game right?)

When activity (or purchasing) comes to a staggering low amount they will do one of only 2 things, either merge us over to RU servers live out the last years of the international server, or drop us killing the server just like what happened to the Philippine server.
Demlock's Summoner Guide - Click Here

Monday, September 1st 2014, 4:40pm

My hypothesis is:

My.com continues to push CS items to continue milking paying players in continuing to buy said items. (you have to make up your losses somehow from purchasing a dying game right?)

When activity (or purchasing) comes to a staggering low amount they will do one of only 2 things, either merge us over to RU servers live out the last years of the international server, or drop us killing the server just like what happened to the Philippine server.

even if this is a huge speculation i would LOVE to be merged with russian server since this would mean we finally get the things they get...

events
manabike lottery
free crystals
patches (fast)
etc

and this wohle milking-thing is so silly, noone is forced to donate to allods
everyone who does does because he WANTS to

so there is no problem!

Monday, September 1st 2014, 6:28pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

@Zerag
Glad you few are able to enjoy all of that. I still say you should put the times and times zones down for people to let them know when you all are active. 10pm to 1am CST it is dead which were the hours I use to play.

@Dala
Good Luck I truly hope it works out.

Who knows maybe I will one day get a bug up my bum and pay and just keep leveling toons :wacko:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 10:49pm

@Dala
Good Luck I truly hope it works out.

Sadly I don't have time for either trying that or even playing the game at the moment, but if the server's still existing and in the state it is now when I'm back, I'll definitely try.

Monday, September 1st 2014, 11:20pm

No need to look at philip players anymore cause they did the same with arabs.. When playerbase and revenue dropped too low they first dropped the CS price to keep the revenue up, afterwards they dropped it again, then they told profit was too low, so that they wouldn't give arabs any new patches. No new patch= just close server, none will invest in dead content.

So yes in the end they would most likely dont mind just closing, after they milked. But don't fear, allods will prolly stay 1-2 years more if not longer. :)