You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 12:30am

Haven't played in many years. Worth re-joining?

I was a beta tester and played through beta and a couple months after launch of the live server.
Last time I played this game I was upset by:

Max level players spawn-pking in Holy Lands and similar areas
Fear of Death
pay-to-win

How is the playerbase? Is it very small now? (I left at a time that hundreds of people were leaving .. I imagine the community is vastly smaller now?)

Is it still pay-to-win?

Fill me in?

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 1:07am

the server never fully recovered from fear of death, and even more left after gipat patch. eu server was a ghost town. holy charms, fear of death, have been removed from the game. most of the unbelievable stupid game mechanics they rolled out in na/eu have been removed, but game is more p2w then before.

lvl 4-6 runes arent the base for end game anymore, people have 8s-13s.

even with all this, i cant answer your question if its worth rejoinnig. i still enjoy the game.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 1:30am

the server never fully recovered from fear of death, and even more left after gipat patch. eu server was a ghost town. holy charms, fear of death, have been removed from the game. most of the unbelievable stupid game mechanics they rolled out in na/eu have been removed, but game is more p2w then before.

lvl 4-6 runes arent the base for end game anymore, people have 8s-13s.

even with all this, i cant answer your question if its worth rejoinnig. i still enjoy the game.
Thank you. You told me everything I needed to know.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 1:31am

rejoining is DEFINITELY worth

there have been added SO MANY great improvements

as for pay to win: you can only buy "time", meaning everyone who will play without $ will maybe progress a bit slower but will progress also, there is currency exchange

in asee teph if you are level 30 or higher and kill level 28 or below you gt killed instantly, this holy justice mechanics have made AT a special place now which is most times only visited by level x-28

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 3:01am

Pochtron

Intermediate

as for pay to win: you can only buy "time", meaning everyone who will play without $ will maybe progress a bit slower but will progress also, there is currency exchange

in asee teph if you are level 30 or higher and kill level 28 or below you gt killed instantly, this holy justice mechanics have made AT a special place now which is most times only visited by level x-28
Ignore this ^

If you're hardcore player and don't mind the grind/cost, you'll get back in and find ways to level fast.
If you're casual try another game, you won't catch up, unless you're only back for costumes & friends and don't mind endgame.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Sep 7th 2014, 3:10am)

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 5:13am

hhahahaha "maybe progress a BIT slower"

anyway, there's a subscription server now, you know? with no p2w content, no cash shop, BUT this server is lacking people.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 9:05am

Dude, if you don't like pay2win there is a subscription server available. Despite what people (*cough Allods-Online-Player*cough*) the server is a lot of fun and doing well (except for league side that just got hit by a quitting wave... Only French players anyways :P) and we're doing all the endcontent...without cash shop. We're doing DC, Tep, Dominion, Battlegrounds and we're just having fun. You can read all the differences of the server here: http://de.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=2145 also the subscription is very cheap. You can buy it with crystals and if you buy 6 months in advance it's only about 3.50€ each month.

Also I would like to add that it's a pain in the ass to start on f2p now if you want to play more than casually. The prices in the cash shop are insane... and guess what? It's pay to win. The game is only good at hiding it. Even thought you are theoretically able to farm all the items in the cash shop ingame it would take you years and hundreds of hours of stupid farming. That's not a "game" anymore, that's a chore. I don't think that a game should require you to have specific items (such as runes and a 50% dmg boost). The PvP is a huge disaster on f2p, you'll just get destroyed by players with higher runes, especially those that run around with a reinc and do world pvp. Don't listen to Allods-Online-Player, just sayin. Look at his post hystory and you'll understand.
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 10:10am

You can buy it with crystals and if you buy 6 months in advance it's only about 3.50€ each month.
I am not sure about this, the best deal is 3 months for 21€. Maybe I am missing something....

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 10:21am

You can buy it with crystals and if you buy 6 months in advance it's only about 3.50€ each month.
I am not sure about this, the best deal is 3 months for 21€. Maybe I am missing something....

I think there's a mistake. You can buy the 3 months but actually get 6 months. :P

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 11:34am

Amshel

Beginner

Yo Zerag, how many players are active now there on p2p (last time I played were ~20)and if I come, would I have some people to gear up with? And... wtf seriously if I pay 2100 crystals I get 6 months not 3 as it is written on the site?

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 11:55am

Yulian

Intermediate

Rejoining, eh? If I were in your shoes I wouldn;t do that, focus more on those new rpgs comming out ....

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 12:44pm

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Definitely join. I'm practically a brand new player and I'm loving Allods. It's the best MMO I've ever experienced mechanically, and Ive playing MMO's since Ultima Online back in the late 90's lol! The story line is pretty good, the quests are various and I love the classes and leveling systems(talents and rubies)

Just be kind and cool in game and make some friends, you'll eventually find a decent guild to join up. Plan on investing a lot of time. I wouldn't call Allods a casual game at all...

Of course, it don't hurt if you can throw a few bucks either. For example: I plan on spending about 50-75 bucks(US) a month, which is the price I was paying for a subscription/donation to other games I used to play. Since I enjoy Allods so much, and pretty much only play it now, I just spend that money(or some of it) here now instead.

You can go totally free but don't expect to be on par with other end game players for a good long while but even if you just spend 15-20 bucks a month( the price of a subscription in other games) on top of putting in time in game, it won't take too long to get to doing some end game stuff.

I would say getting runes to 5's-7's would be reasonable enough to get in and start jamming and this can be accomplished reasonably fast(3-5 months) even without spending a ton of money(if you make it a priority and don't get distracted with spending on costumes and vanity) Sure a lot of folks have 7's, 8's even 12's and such, and while that is a nice luxury, I wouldn't call it neccessary UNLESS you are expecting to be some of the best of the best...granted there is probably a lot of elitists in the game that will not agree with my humble assessment..

One thing that should be noted is that this game is not a cakewalk like a lot of other games. It is definitely a game for "hardcores" and dedicated players to flourish in. Dont expect everything handed to you within a few days of playing.

Also, while I agree that the cash shop prices are often quite ridiculous, the game still has plenty of merit and is totally worth the investment of time and/or money if you are looking for a persistent MMO to play.

Allods Online offers a lot that other games, past, current and future) can't hope to capture. It's definitely worth a shot and is in my opinion the most relevant MMO out there.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Intoshadows" (Sep 7th 2014, 12:49pm)

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 12:45pm

Yo Zerag, how many players are active now there on p2p (last time I played were ~20)and if I come, would I have some people to gear up with? And... wtf seriously if I pay 2100 crystals I get 6 months not 3 as it is written on the site?

I'm not too sure about the sub thingy but many players in my guild have reported this to me. On empire side you'll be able to gear up and raid just fine. We got about 40 active players and 60-75 that log in frequently. Many of them are still new and leveling but we're getting more and more 60s.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 12:46pm

Rejoining, eh? If I were in your shoes I wouldn;t do that, focus more on those new rpgs comming out ....

NOx10000

This game is a gem. It's so polished, full of content and has it's own style. Best MMO on the market.

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 10:31pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

@emberfly

You are really gonna have to make that decision yourself. You are gonna get mixed answers. My personal feelings are, if you left at the Gipat patch when everyone else did and if it was because the game became to cash shop then no it isnt worth it. Customer service isnt worth it. If you enjoyed the game before you left and dont mind grinding then it may be worth it.

Zerag (nothing against you) and others will try to get you to play on the P2P server. I personally loved this server when it first came out but right now when I play the population just isnt worth it for me to pay for it. Depending on the hours you play they do say that they do raid dom and such but just trying to figure out those hours can be a chore itself. Again my personal feelings are if you came from the NA server and want the NA times we use to do AC (back then, Dom now) then you wont like the times they are now. But if you aren't into the cash shop this really is the route for you.

Monday, September 8th 2014, 1:55pm

This game is definitively worth playing it

P2P Server is dead! It's a waste of time to play there. On F2P (P2W) it's not that easy to catch up, but it's still posible. But you don't need the best equip or 13s runes to compete with others or enjoy the endcontent.

There are some good examples on F2P Server that you don't need the best equip to play good and being able to compete with others. One of them is definitively one guy you'll see a lot in battlegrounds (I think the name is Lordazreal or Lordazrael, or something like that), he only has 6s runes and <40k gear, but hell he is playing his class quite good. I have 8s runes and have a lot of fun with him. Sometimes I'm not able to kill him even with better equip and runes. And there are a lot of other examples (ALLONS-ONLINE-PLAYER is none of them).

So if you want to be best player on server and don't want to be killed with 1hit by others, you have to invest a lot of time (and/or money) to catch up. But if you just want to have fun in game and enjoy the content, this game is worth to be played. Just give it a try and make your own decision. :thumbsup:

Monday, September 8th 2014, 2:26pm

P2P Server is dead! It's a waste of time to play there. On F2P (P2W) it's not that easy to catch up, but it's still posible. But you don't need the best equip or 13s runes to compete with others or enjoy the endcontent.

There are some good examples on F2P Server that you don't need the best equip to play good and being able to compete with others. One of them is definitively one guy you'll see a lot in battlegrounds (I think the name is Lordazreal or Lordazrael, or something like that), he only has 6s runes and <40k gear, but hell he is playing his class quite good. I have 8s runes and have a lot of fun with him. Sometimes I'm not able to kill him even with better equip and runes. And there are a lot of other examples (ALLONS-ONLINE-PLAYER is none of them).

So if you want to be best player on server and don't want to be killed with 1hit by others, you have to invest a lot of time (and/or money) to catch up. But if you just want to have fun in game and enjoy the content, this game is worth to be played. Just give it a try and make your own decision. :thumbsup:

As I've said way too many times, p2p is not dead and we can enjoy as much content as f2p... I can ensure you that the cash shop will annoy the shit out of you when you play on f2p.

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 3:10am

Haven't played in many years. Worth re-joining?

no.
Burç

The Noob

Spoiler Spoiler

Carisma - Whacky - Fantastic - ObeyUrMaster - Reprobate - Stiff - Carismakiss - Almond - Comet