You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 19th 2014, 10:38pm

Artuditu

Trainee

Saturday, December 20th 2014, 1:10am

Psi has the most lousy class designer of all time (IF it even has one anymore).

After all this time, we're still bound to have mental link and will suppression, but for what? To still have less base damage than most classes and two channeling spells that even a basic attack can interrupt as part of our main DPS.

Oh, and let's not forget about the concentration stacks we're bound to. Even if we would have endless amount of concentration stacks, the dps would still be nothing special at all. Now compare this to mages and imagine how much DPS they would have if they had endless amount of forces.

Assassin is supposed to become useful again, yet I can't really see how it will be of any use if even a full healer can kill it within seconds, oh and it costs 2 concentration stacks and will be considered a "PvP ability" but as far as I know, our rubies will be all messed up in 6.0 and there will just be no way to reach this. The logic from our wonderful developers just never cease to amaze me :thumbsup:

But yeah, instead of making this class fun and less annoying to actually play in PvE, let's just settle with +15% dmg and truly become imbalanced in PvP.

Wtb a proper rework :thumbdown:

Saturday, December 20th 2014, 11:34pm

spectral assassin together with "depression" rubies will be really interesting against healer

also its nice there are more changes now

with the improved spectral assassin the 2nd ruby grid is also no longer problematic so much

as for seal, its nice it cant be dispelled any longer but this never was a serious problem
i rather would have an option that disposes of the need to recast seal everytime you die / every 30 min :sleeping:

i totally agree about the concentration stacks, they are not a boost or something they are absolutely NEEDED just to do "normal" dps :S

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:03am

spectral assassin together with "depression" rubies will be really interesting against healer

with the improved spectral assassin the 2nd ruby grid is also no longer problematic so much

as for seal, its nice it cant be dispelled any longer but this never was a serious problem
i rather would have an option that disposes of the need to recast seal everytime you die / every 30 min :sleeping:

i totally agree about the concentration stacks, they are not a boost or something they are absolutely NEEDED just to do "normal" dps :S

I don't think you realize that assassin is useless when it is dead, it'll still die by few cleansing flames from a full healer. In order for assassin to ever become useful again, it has to be able to survive for more than a few seconds.

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 11:14am

i won't say that psio is a cheat class, but at least it is a really good one ( in pvp).
If you say you don't resist, if you say you are always dead, if you say you don't dps at all in pvp, then you should change your class to become scout, you'll maybe dps.

Are you ever seen good psio in allods ?
A good psio will control his ennemies ( impulsion, repack, mental fire, will suppression, hypnosis), you'll resist with other spells ( the clone, the racial spells and most of all, the astral body). With all rubies in astral body, and if you control well your ennemies during this time, you'll be invincible for 14 seconds.

But, now a days, the real matter comes from the players. In fact, almost ( i mean, 99%) of the psio i see in the game are really really bad, they don't control, and they don't dps. But some others seems genius because they manage to control & dps in the same time, even if they are low geared.
Yesterday, at AoD, i was with a psio who did his pack in a very smart way, so we won in 3min, but, after, i can be with the " best " psio of the league, they don't do anything, maybe 1 pack every 10 min...

I agree on two things :
- psio in pve should dps a bit more ( but i've never seen a good psi in pve, i only saw noob ones, so .... can't say if it's really a bad dps).
- psio don't resist a lot to scouts & pala. like all the other classes =) and if you know how to use your spell, mage won't be a problem for you.

And, when i see the name of the people before me ..... except Telepaty, none of you is a good psio on my opinion.
To conclude : you should better try to improve your build & your gameplay before complaining.

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 11:34am

Katerina

Trainee

+1 Mokido

I agree that in pve it should be up, but in pvp it's too powerful...

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:59pm

First of all, if you read what I was writing, you'd see that I am not complaining about the power of psis in PvP. If anything, I believe there is no one that can beat psis with equal gear, but that was not my point.

Even if psis could one shot anything on sight and absorb endless amount of damage, it'd still be wrong. But most people only care about damage and not the fact that this class is supposed to be a support class (which means less dmg and more stuff to actually support your group).

Instead of giving us a rework, they'll just increase our dmg by 15% and expect everything to be fine, but it won't. It'll make us too strong in PvP (in a wrong way) and in PvE it doesn't change the fact that if you have to switch targets, move while dpsing or when you receive direct dmg, the dmg will still suck. And this only bothers me because they removed conviction and changed willpower, we don't really have a choice but to dps in both PvE and PvP. If those two old stats would still exist, I wouldn't mind, it's not like we can have it at all.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tele" (Dec 21st 2014, 6:03pm)

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 4:33pm

Katerina

Trainee

Hello,

I agree with you on this, i always thought psio is very good in PVP, but not at all in PVE.

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 8:57pm

I don't think you realize that assassin is useless when it is dead, it'll still die by few cleansing flames from a full healer. In order for assassin to ever become useful again, it has to be able to survive for more than a few seconds.

what i hope is that it assassin will be harder to kill and it only wont be written in patchnotes

as for pve / pvp, the shock / pyro builds simply differ so much...
if you have a full pve pyro build you can do really great dps
with a full pve shock build you can still do good dps but not as good with pyro
but you can still do proper pvp

this HUGE gap between pve and pvp is what makes psi so complicated (and thus unattractive to new players; im relatively sure those who write here already know how to spec for what purpose)

i have no objections against making damage higher at all, would be really nice and pleasent to see psi as "op" class too now (every other class had its shiny moment already or still have it)

Thursday, February 26th 2015, 10:46am

New patch notes for the Public Test server are available here:

https://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?t…547#post6269547

Translated Psionicist changes:

• "Master Augur" rubies now also give a 33/66/100% chance for "Seal of Health" cast by the Psionicist to not be dispelled by dispel abilities.
  • In addition to current effect, "Lord of Fear" rubies also cause Spectral Assassin to reduce it's target's damage dealt, healing received and movement speed by 7/14/21%.
  • Damage bonus of the "Pyromania" and "Shocking Strike" rubies has been increased by an additional 6%.
We will have those things only on 6.0.1, not in 6.0.0 right?? ( ;( )

Thursday, February 26th 2015, 11:41am

Yea that's right, it's 6.0.1.

There's one more important thing to mention. Psionicist is going to be stronger in 6.0.0 than 6.0.1, because there's a very ugly Brutality nerf coming together with those 6.0.1 changes. It hits psionicist way harder than other classes.

Thursday, February 26th 2015, 1:47pm

anyone know how much have we to wait for 6.0.1

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 1:09pm

Brahh

Beginner

psi is allready op in pvp, thats where it matters, and you guys complain about ruby grid? look to bards grid... thats a broken grid....
Brahh lvl 55 Belgian healer

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 1:45pm

psi is allready op in pvp, thats where it matters, and you guys complain about ruby grid? look to bards grid... thats a broken grid....
So go and whine in Bard section. You clearly know nothing of our illogical ruby grid.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tele" (Mar 1st 2015, 2:23pm)

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 2:52pm

Gramarye

Professional

lol never heard about broken bard grids

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 3:59pm

I have no clue how bard works and what rubies are good/bad for it, but I guarantee you that psi ruby grid is very, very bad.

Psi has many very weak or downright useless rubies in key places of the grid - Lord of Fear, Astral Curse, Outsmarted, Solid Grasp, those are either very minor improvement or none at all. They almost never justify spending points in them.

Tenacious Mind is a special case, it gives a sizable improvement to Choke, but Choke as of right now is in my opinion not worth investing in. It simply takes too many rubies to make average. That coupled with it's not-that-short cooldown, being forced to stand in still for a long time to use and how easy it is to interrupt makes Choke a bad choice. So it seems Tenacious Mind is another of those "bad" rubies in a good place.

There's also some absolute must rubies for every build - Cruel Master and Step over Madness. Look where they are and how to get there...

...now tell me Psi grid is fine.

Come 6.0 I can easily see viable builds with as many as three (3) empty cells.

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 8:28am

The developers of that calss are so confused on Mental link and Will suppression imho...Now tk and mp (PVP skills) are going to ignore willpower with ruby on mobs and pg under WillSpupp. but we are able to use twin (PVP skill) only during Mental Link...
We should be able to use either twin and tk/mp under the same control skill.

What is better for pvp now? MentalLink or WillSupp. ??

(sry for my bad eng :P )

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 10:55am

Katerina

Trainee

Quoted

Hmmm bard grid isn't bad, except 2-3 useless ruby you can have pretty anything you want. Also, 6.0 bard grid is better.

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 12:12pm

Can you name the rubies you wanted and you couldn't take because of this broken grid? None. You're the first person who says that Bards have a broken grid. As for the psi, I'm not even gonna start the rubies we waste for empty cells to reach the rubies we need. There are of course other ways to reach those rubies but they make you waste one or two more rubies which are not that important. Besides it'll be harder in 6.0 grid to have some rubies without wasting some cells again.
Sanity
on the floor, I'm just a zombie.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 12:06pm

Gorgeous

Beginner

Yea that's right, it's 6.0.1.

There's one more important thing to mention. Psionicist is going to be stronger in 6.0.0 than 6.0.1, because there's a very ugly Brutality nerf coming together with those 6.0.1 changes. It hits psionicist way harder than other classes.

@Dala can you tell us more about that brutality nerf?
Winner Pscionist DE: Gorgeous

Rate this thread