You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 3:47pm

Psionicist - Public Test Server

As of right now, new 6.0 Psi is available on the PTS.

For google-translate lovers, here you got a link to the PTS forums, Psionicist official class thread:

http://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?t=119853&page=1

I've already started copying my level 60 character. I'll post new Talent and Ruby grid crude screenshots tonight.

When they release new calculator I'll translate the ability text properly and post here, but that's most likely much later.

PTS patch notes for psi:

• Following spells have their damage increased by 15%: "Psychic Shock", "Astral Venom", "Pain Transfer", "Destabilization", "Pyrokinesis", "Pyrolysis", "Choke", "Erase Memory", "Mental Explosion".
  • Added a new ruby - "Insight". Using ability "Concentration" reduces the cooldown of "Psychic Shock" and cast time of "Pyrokinesis" by half (for 5 seconds)
  • Added new rubies - "Irrational Fear". Applies a debuff increasing damage taken by 50/100% for 15s or until the target takes damage equal to 10% of it's max. health.
  • Added new rubies - "Slippery Mind". All effects knocking down or stunning the target under influence of "Will Suppresion" have 33/66/100% chance to ignore that target's willpower, but psionicist's damage against the "Will Suppresion" targets will be reduced by 30%.
  • Added new rubies - "Depression". All healing received by the target is reduced by 50% for 9/14/18 secods.
  • Moving components of "Mental Pulse" and "Telekinetic Pull" spells now ignore willpower.

This post has been edited 9 times, last edit by "Dala" (Apr 2nd 2015, 1:41pm)

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 3:47pm

Oooookay, now I'm kinda disappointed/surprised

I was preparing for a huge, information-packed post, and apparently there's like nothing to write about. ?(

The talents grid is completely unchanged. Ruby grids are changed only the way described in patch notes above.

New rubies are as follows:

Insight - Psy shock grid - top
Irrational Fear - Psy Shock grid around Vigor rubies
Slippery Mind - Mental Link grid, in a triangle
Depression - Pain Transfer grid, on the bottom

Depression is a debuff with 45s cooldown and duration longer per rank (patch notes).

It seems that developers think that psi is fine and needed only minor changes. They aren't "very serious" like the CM said at all.

PTS has just been launched so I hope things change. Inconveniences like 1 dmg breaking hypno or Will Suppression aggroing packs haven't been addressed at all.

Nonetheless, psi is going to be much stronger thanks to increased damage, Will Suppression change and the healing debuff (as long as it's not dispelable, if it is, then it's shit)

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Dala" (Sep 16th 2014, 5:14pm)

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 5:00pm

Quoted

Oooookay, now I'm kinda disappointed/surprised

I was preparing for a huge, information-packed post, and apparently there's like nothing to write about. ?(

The talents grid is completely unchanged. Ruby grids are changed only the way described in patch notes above.

It's first betatest, the change not ready but coming soon i think ;)
Lysonia - Requiem, guilde Française - Empire (Evolution)

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 9:32pm

Artuditu

Trainee

I really hope they change something about those ruby grids. They look aweful!
Come on, the Insight ruby that's supposed to be pve-oriented IMO, is located between two pvp rubies :P Or the fact that Cruel Master can't be taken with only one ruby wasted on empty slot...

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 9:59pm

i really hoped for more serious changes

sure the 30% more DMG is excellent but its only a very slight buff overall in comparison to what other classes recieved

also the rubygrid is still unfavorable, and the 2nd grid is worse than before now cause cruel master needs one more empty ruby now :wacko:

Tuesday, September 16th 2014, 10:29pm

i really hoped for more serious changes

sure the 30% more DMG is excellent but its only a very slight buff overall in comparison to what other classes recieved

also the rubygrid is still unfavorable, and the 2nd grid is worse than before now cause cruel master needs one more empty ruby now :wacko:

100% Agree. Ruby grid is a lot worse.

I hoped we get portal or fervor and we got battle frenzy, this sucks too ;(

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 5:12pm

You guys seem to have completely missed the fact that most stuns and knockbacks of psis will ignore the willpower stat. That's pretty huge.

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 6:23pm

Artuditu

Trainee

You guys seem to have completely missed the fact that most stuns and knockbacks of psis will ignore the willpower stat. That's pretty huge.

Only under the effect of Will Suppression with rubies that reduce dmg output against that target by 30%. Unless you're refering to the part about Telekinetic Pull and Mental Pulse then you should know that most probably only the displacement factor will ignore willpower.

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 7:48pm

Wake me up when psis have returned to their initial form and devs have learned that psis aren't meant to compete with the dps of other classes :)

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 9:40pm

Only under the effect of Will Suppression with rubies that reduce dmg output against that target by 30%. Unless you're refering to the part about Telekinetic Pull and Mental Pulse then you should know that most probably only the displacement factor will ignore willpower.
Psi's always had to choose between a full cc or a full dps build so what's new there. But if you time it right you can stunlock someone completely. In things as the sunday domi fights that can be a big pro.

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 12:08pm

Grimpf

Trainee

Will Supression only works on 1 Target. So its mostly about 1on1 figths.

Psis never had Problems in 1on1 figths, so no boost is needed there.

Psi loose nearly all of there group effectivity, first with Ballad from Bards, then with loos of conviction and the new willpower stat.

After that patch, im sure, ppl will start winning and complining "nerv psis" cauz of the 1on1 strength of psis. But i want a rolle in a party/raid (pvp), the rolle i had befor those changes. idc about 1on1 pvp figths

Servus

Grimpf

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 7:48pm

It's only a 15% damage increase, astral build needs at least a 30% one before it matches other classes.

Additionally making it so our 2 1-3 second stuns ignore willpower. Isn't going to help the stuns be worthwhile any longer.

At a minimum they need to double the length of the stuns so they match up with the CC's of other classes.

Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 7:50pm

It's only a 15% damage increase, astral build needs at least a 30% one before it matches other classes.

Additionally making it so our 2 1-3 second stuns ignore willpower. Isn't going to help the stuns be worthwhile any longer.

At a minimum they need to double the length of the stuns so they match up with the CC's of other classes.

i totally agree

Psi loose nearly all of there group effectivity, first with Ballad from Bards, then with loos of conviction and the new willpower stat.
After that patch, im sure, ppl will start winning and complining "nerv psis" cauz of the 1on1 strength of psis. But i want a rolle in a party/raid (pvp), the rolle i had befor those changes. idc about 1on1 pvp figths

i totally agree here too

------------------------

these changes make it look a bit for me like psi is the "unloved child"... there would be so many things to fix, some are listed here, many are listed on russian forum, and so little is done :(

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 1:14am

That's exactly what the (very few) people who are left playing this class are saying on the Russian forums.
They should just make another stat like proficiency or brutality work like conviction for psis and everything would be fine :(

Of course nothing like that is happening, most likely come 6.0 this class is going to be even more deserted than it is now.

Edit: I've just read the patch notes for Psionicist on the official release of 6.0 and they added additional entry:

-Unending Knowledge rubies now also give a 33/66/100% chance that "Hypnosis" effect won't be dispelled from the target upon receiving damage as long as that target is over 90% health.

They really let it go live with a terrible ruby grid:

http://www.allodswiki.ru/calc#!6

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Oct 16th 2014, 12:58pm)

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 1:30pm

So they just copied the mechanic of mage, but will supression still aggros mobs? There you see, that psis stil dont have a class designer who knows his class (didn`t read ruforums in quite a while, maybe it changed).

I agree with you all psi should be support cc class, but now its just a worse mage with worst ccs in game, even warriors can cc better.

Psi is even now ok in 1 vs. 1, just the antiheal will make life easier against fhs and wardens. Willsupression rubies are imo kinda useless. Insight is clearly more usefull for PVE, but is between PVP-rubies, real good work :( .

Instead of this 15% dmg increase I would have like, that mana costs are reduced. I`m always oom after few minutes fighting in bgs.

I wish psi would go to its roots befor 51 patch.

Monday, December 15th 2014, 10:22am

memories

I wish psi would go to its roots befor 51 patch.
I agree, I remember when I started at the beginning when max lvl was 40... Psi have changes a whole lot in these years ;(
grodangordon lvl 65 gibberling seer league (p2p)
grodangordon lvl 60 gibberling seer league (f2p)
elisahh lvl 60 elf mage league (renic) (f2p)
minnah lvl 60 kania mechanic league (renic) (f2p)
8o :thumbsup:

Friday, December 19th 2014, 1:17pm

Katerina

Trainee

Hello,

I think Psio is still one of the best pvp class. I saw good players like Telepati and they are really op : The astral body with ruby is too resistant, the Wall of blade/Toughtful spirit/Destabilization combo is really strong, and psio have still very useful cc.

In PVE, i agree, they are not that powerful. But in PVP i think you are still very good !

(Sorry for my bad english)

Friday, December 19th 2014, 3:02pm

Hello,

I think Psio is still one of the best pvp class. I saw good players like Telepati and they are really op : The astral body with ruby is too resistant, the Wall of blade/Toughtful spirit/Destabilization combo is really strong, and psio have still very useful cc.

In PVE, i agree, they are not that powerful. But in PVP i think you are still very good !

(Sorry for my bad english)

with proper gear / items / spec and a bit of knowledge every class seems "OP" and the bigger the gap of these things to other players get the more "OP" the class looks then

Friday, December 19th 2014, 4:05pm

Katerina

Trainee

Hello,

Nop. Those good psio that i am talking about doesn't have so many cs or gear :p

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:23pm

New patch notes for the Public Test server are available here:

https://forum.allods.ru/showthread.php?t…547#post6269547

Translated Psionicist changes:

• "Master Augur" rubies now also give a 33/66/100% chance for "Seal of Health" cast by the Psionicist to not be dispelled by dispel abilities.
  • In addition to current effect, "Lord of Fear" rubies also cause Spectral Assassin to reduce it's target's damage dealt, healing received and movement speed by 7/14/21%.
  • Damage bonus of the "Pyromania" and "Shocking Strike" rubies has been increased by an additional 6%.