You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 4:38pm

Changes to in-game naming restrictions!

Here you can discuss the Changes to in-game character naming restrictions

Quoted

Dear Players,
We've been listening to your feedback, and have decided to remove certain naming policy restrictions. You can now add extra Capital Letters to your character name.

Bear in mind, however, that this change does not include adding numbers to names, as it could damage the immersive aspect of Role Playing.

We hope that this measure pleases those who wished to change their character names.

-Your Allods.com team
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Sep 23rd 2014, 1:25pm)

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 4:39pm

IAmGroot

Professional

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 5:04pm

So, you gonna let us change our current names to test this thing, right?, i mean: leave as it is, changing some letters for caps or just change it all, cause that'll be... normal. You are changing something and we can try those changes... (not that you MUST do it). Sounds fair to me

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 5:29pm

So, you gonna let us change our current names to test this thing, right?, i mean: leave as it is, changing some letters for caps or just change it all, cause that'll be... normal. You are changing something and we can try those changes... (not that you MUST do it). Sounds fair to me

Its entirely optional..
IF you always wanted to have 2 parts (or more) of your In-game name capitalised (e.g DanielZntrt) you can now do so.
If it doesn't interest you, then you don't have to do anything :)

This option is available for every rename, and every new character.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 6:51pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Great I always wanted this :D Will existing characters get to change their names once for free or this will work only with new made characters?

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 6:55pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Nothing is free in allods.

Thursday, September 18th 2014, 7:38pm

Gramarye

Professional

Nothing is free in allods.

ure wrong... quit playing is free at any time xP

Friday, September 19th 2014, 12:05am

Does it also works with ship's names?

Friday, September 19th 2014, 1:40am

Jinxed

Intermediate

will this reset P2P names so we can change our names if we want?
Jinxed-level 60

Friday, September 19th 2014, 3:20am

Is there somewhere that lists the actual naming rules used by the client/server?

In a previous version you could not make a name that contained the letters "ho" anywhere in it. For example, Nethon, Honey, Beholder, CaptainHook, etc. were blocked. I'm just curious to see what rules the client or server uses for rejecting names.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the "rules" in the Terms of Use.

Friday, September 19th 2014, 3:58am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Is there somewhere that lists the actual naming rules used by the client/server?

In a previous version you could not make a name that contained the letters "ho" anywhere in it. For example, Nethon, Honey, Beholder, CaptainHook, etc. were blocked. I'm just curious to see what rules the client or server uses for rejecting names.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the "rules" in the Terms of Use.
Unless they recently changed it you can use ho in the name. I got my Whoo on the pay server.

Friday, September 19th 2014, 4:48am

Jinxed

Intermediate

I hope they make it some ppl on P2P can change names
Jinxed-level 60

Friday, September 19th 2014, 9:59am

Alafff

Intermediate

Got a question : If someone call himself "Dude" ... can someone else call himself "DuDe" or will it be not available?
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, September 19th 2014, 12:50pm

can we change name on p2p server somehow?

at the moment its not possible to change the name yourself.
If you are desperate to change the character name then please contact the support with the new name you would like and they will look into it for you.

Does it also works with ship's names?

This changes is only for character names, for now the ship naming restrictions will stay the same

Got a question : If someone call himself "Dude" ... can someone else call himself "DuDe" or will it be not available?

As far as I'm aware that would still be considered as a duplicate

@Nethon - I'm awaiting information about your question, will let you know when I do.

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 11:41am

Speaking of names... you should get to fixing all the GUILD names ruined after all the merges as there is no way for players to do it themselves.

Also, some of the newer guilds don't have the "< >" signs around guild name and for two-word names, you can't capitalize the first (or most likely any) letter of the second word. All the guilds with any letters in the 2nd word capitalized have been created looooong ago.

Rate this thread