You are not logged in.

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 7:39am

Intoshadows

Intermediate

Necromancy doesn't sound foul at all, why, summoning the spirits of the dead against their will to do ones bidding does sound rather cheerful and jovial now that I think about it.
Lemme guess, your the one guy that voted to leave it as Wizard?
a) You're implying the dead do not wish to return in the first place - And whether they would do so as a slave or not (willingly or otherwise) would depend on the intent of the necromancer and/or possibly the 'victim' in certain circumstances, if you can call it that when it comes to being dead already.

In Steveread999's case, he is referring to the old art of 'mediums', who simply wished to communicate with the dead, not force them do their bidding (outside of said communication), and on that note, if you had died and were brought back merely to impart some knowledge for the sake of your loved one(s), I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get up in arms over it compared to, say, having your corpse ripped from the ground to serve as a mindless undead meatshield in someone else's fights in the more 'fantasy' / 'magical' style of necromancy that we see in most games.

b) I honestly don't see why you'd get passive-aggressive on the guy for simply pointing old the older necromantic arts and putting a different side to the coin. It was a harmless post which some may even find interesting. Necromancy in general is written differently in every story/game.

Having said that, the 'stereotypical' fantasy necromancer, sure, your points apply.
I know I would be pissed if I found peace in rest and somebody brought me back to this life! One time around can be bad enough sometimes! XD

I didn't mean to sound passive aggressive, I just speak sarcasm so fluently that I often don't realize I'm doing it, or wether it sounds rude or inappropriate.

apologies dear Steve999.

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 8:30am

Hey, no sweat, it's cool. I'm just amused by how the meanings of words shift almost as fast as we use them.

And no, I didn't vote to keep Wizard - in my opinion, it's not really right to vote on this as I'm still on my break from Allods. Besides, my main character is a Summomancer, or maybe a Necroner - humm... - a Summomancer, that's it. If I were still playing on a regular basis, I'd vote for something like Warlock, though.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 10:24am

Mhuldoon

Professional

@Intoshadows:
No worries. Nice to have the air clear between you two :)

@Steverad999:
Being on a break simply means you'd be voting on a game-change that effects you when you return.
ie. Everyone who has played Allods should vote, regardless - even those who quit the game (if they still read the forums).

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 1:16pm

OK, I stuck my thumbprint on "Warlock". Enjoy...
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Rate this thread