You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:04pm

Will the game be non-P2W now?

Hi, I am a big fan of Allods Online. I've put in over $1000 into the NA version of the game just to get it so I could have all lvl 7 runes for my character and even that isn't considered really good. I am just hoping that since this game is now back in the hands of the developers it means they care a bit more about their playerbase than gpotato and webzen did. Meaning that the game isn't so P2W. Not being P2W at all would be even better!

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to say hello to the new community here and other NA players :)

Edit: Not sure why I put this in the off-topic section but if a forum mod could move it to general that would be sweet, thanks!

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:24pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Well...I'm going to say...the game is definitely still P2W and there are more P2W items coming out.
However, I'm quite curious to know how you spent $1,000 on level 7 runes....

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:36pm

Ghost

Trainee

The stat system was completely changed. Everything was scaled down - the HP of players, damage dealt, survivability, etc. The P2W aspect will be less noticeable with these changes. You're still going to have to deal with stuff like mage pages, pat5, and battle mounts, but overall I think the change is moving us in a positive direction.
Or you can try out the subscription server where there is no cash shop imbalance at all. ;)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:42pm

Well...I'm going to say...the game is definitely still P2W and there are more P2W items coming out.
However, I'm quite curious to know how you spent $1,000 on level 7 runes....
Well I actually did buy quite a few of those lockbox type items that had the chance of having a rare mount in them. I did get a pretty good mount though so it was worth it :)

The stat system was completely changed. Everything was scaled down - the HP of players, damage dealt, survivability, etc. The P2W aspect will be less noticeable with these changes. You're still going to have to deal with stuff like mage pages, pat5, and battle mounts, but overall I think the change is moving us in a positive direction.
Or you can try out the subscription server where there is no cash shop imbalance at all. ;)
Yeah when I get my job I plan on subscribing. It's just way simpler and cheaper in the end.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:43pm

You could also play on the subscription server, no runes etc..

Friday, March 21st 2014, 4:45pm

Ninim

Beginner

The free-to-play server will always be pay-to-win, there has simply been way too many p2w things being sold over the years.

The subscription server is there for a completely p2w-free experience, though. ^_^

Monday, March 24th 2014, 2:26am

aina92pl

Trainee

The P2W aspect is not noticeable anymore? HA! You can only dream of that. Good luck thinking that this game just got less P2W. I won''t even go into details, but try to keep up in gear with the players who are free to pay ;) Just try it :D
Better be lucky than good ~

Monday, March 24th 2014, 3:25am

Ghost

Trainee

The P2W aspect is not noticeable anymore? HA! You can only dream of that. Good luck thinking that this game just got less P2W. I won''t even go into details, but try to keep up in gear with the players who are free to pay ;) Just try it :D

:huh: Reading comprehension is hard.

Monday, March 24th 2014, 4:05am

Xaraman

Trainee

To answer the original poster: No chance in hell.

If you want to spend less money on this game, go P2P.

Cheers!

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:38am

aina92pl

Trainee

To answer the original poster: No chance in hell.

If you want to spend less money on this game, go P2P.

Cheers!
This is actually the solution if you want to play this game without spending too much money :P End of story.
Better be lucky than good ~

Monday, March 24th 2014, 8:44pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Just know that everyone is free to pay. There is nothing restricting them from paying.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 6:36pm

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 6:51pm

Fischkopp

Intermediate

Allods is more Pay2Win as before.
Hinweis: alle von mir geposteten Bilder und Texte unterliegen meinem Copyright. Eine Weiterverarbeitung,Bearbeitung und Weiterverbreitung sind ohne mein ausdrückliches Einverständnis generell untersagt.
Ausnahmen: Hauptberufliche Mitarbeiter von my.com und Mail.ru sowie Communitymanager (aktuell Fayne)

Monday, March 31st 2014, 7:55am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

Game itself is WAAAY better on P2P server. PvP is amaizing O_O cause everyone has similiar level of equipment and it will remain similiar for a quite some time. No one is OP at the moment and everyone has "something to say" in Skirmishes. Only downside is that it is less populated :(

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 3:59pm

1000 bones and you only got 7s, dang.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 5:55pm

Jinxed

Intermediate

I was free to play till I deleted my toons around level cap 45 before it hit 47 and higher. I just came back a bit ago and I am sticking with Sub server.. I like the no runes its more based on skill rather then how much money you can stuff in the game, Though I am not saying that all you players with level 10s and 13 runes could not fight with out them. :) I am just stating that so far I like the sub server. :thumbsup:
Jinxed-level 60

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 5:56pm

machopi

Beginner

"Will the game be non-P2W now?"

Moar of ze funny jokes plx.