You are not logged in.

P2P Crafting

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 29th 2014, 5:15pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

• "GuessItsAmber" started this thread

Crafting

So...I noticed this weekend with lucky moments about, that it is rather hard to level up a gear profession. Not getting any drops to be able to level my profession made it very hard to quest at points. I am now level 60 and still in Crystal Mountain and in lvl 48 to 50 gear. I can't even go to the new zones because of the gear issue.

So.....

My suggestion is to sell the items needed (normally drops) so people can level their profession since it is practically a dead server.

Monday, September 29th 2014, 5:47pm

Nemesis

Trainee

Did you buy any recipe's from proffesion trainer ?

Monday, September 29th 2014, 6:49pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

The recipes aren't gonna help when it is the chests and the leather pieces I need.

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 8:26am

You should find at least some in the AH unless the population is not high enough to produce significant amounts of spare stuff. If not, you'll have to level an alt to the level where your crafting skill is, or buy the down-levelling fluid from the crafting trainer. This stuff allows you to convert one high level component into two of the next-lower component per click. (It's a one-time gold purchase, and infinitely reusable.)

If you buy the fluid, you then go to a zone where the foes are no more than 4 levels below you, and get the high-level drops, down-level them then use them to level up your crafting skill. This fluid is the one thing in the whole game that's actually set up to help players without gouging them.

Allods is a bit (argh, bad word, won't put it here) about this - foes only drop loot if they give experience, while in the other games I've played (e.g. GW1, GW2, RoM, SWTOR, Dofus), you can always get loot if you can kill the foes, even if you're at the level cap and they are level 1 or 2. Except for crafting components and certain sorts of quest items, of course, it isn't usually worth the effort, but at least in those games you *can* get loot from lowbie monsters when you're a highbie.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 1:08pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

You should find at least some in the AH unless the population is not high enough to produce significant amounts of spare stuff. If not, you'll have to level an alt to the level where your crafting skill is, or buy the down-levelling fluid from the crafting trainer. This stuff allows you to convert one high level component into two of the next-lower component per click. (It's a one-time gold purchase, and infinitely reusable.)

If you buy the fluid, you then go to a zone where the foes are no more than 4 levels below you, and get the high-level drops, down-level them then use them to level up your crafting skill. This fluid is the one thing in the whole game that's actually set up to help players without gouging them.

Allods is a bit (argh, bad word, won't put it here) about this - foes only drop loot if they give experience, while in the other games I've played (e.g. GW1, GW2, RoM, SWTOR, Dofus), you can always get loot if you can kill the foes, even if you're at the level cap and they are level 1 or 2. Except for crafting components and certain sorts of quest items, of course, it isn't usually worth the effort, but at least in those games you *can* get loot from lowbie monsters when you're a highbie.
First of all....I have 12 yes 12 level 60 toons and each and everyone of them has at least 1 profession and some have 3, so yes I do know how things work in this game. There are exactly 15 people in the guild I am in. Of these 15 people there are about a handful that are 60 and the rest are leveling still and are way lower levels then I am. I have sold everything I had on my Imp toons to vendors in Gipat and Kirah (where I was at the time I needed mats badly) in hopes I could buy them back on my imp toon.

I can't go to a zone in which the critters are no more then 4 levels below me. I AM 60 AND IN LVL 48 TO 50 GEAR. I have tried to skip to the new zone in which to only fail because they throw 10+ critters at me at one time. Kill the critter in which I need the drop only to die lose the drops by the time I res from purgatory and come back. I have already purchased retroform as one guildmate had some leather scraps he gave me.

I should in no way have to level another toon just for the mats I need. If the people running this game will not do what is needed to help this server get population then they need to make sure to sell the mats so people can get the mats they going to need to craft items in case of over leveling due to lm's. Trust me I never thought it would be possible to be lvl 53 and in kirah lvl 57 in twilight isle and lvl 60 at crystal mountain. In 12 toons I leveled to 60 this has not once happened to me.

By the way, here is the AH....
Please please carefully notice the huge fight for the core morphers and the pier passes :whistling:

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 1:10pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

By the way this is only a suggestion...I am not looking for a solution to my problem as I will figure a way how to fix my problem way before anyone could give me useful info or they actually start caring for the P2P server.

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 1:17pm

You should have a full set of level 51 blue socketed gear chests in your mailbox for levelling to level 51 from "the Director".
If you didn't get them then that's a bug and you can report that to support to have them mailed.

If only I had subscription running still, I could craft full set of 58 gear for you seeing as you use leather. :(

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 1:58pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Must be a bug. I didnt even know that was about. I didnt even get it on the 2 toons I have leveled since the engineer came out. Will have to check into this.

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 2:24pm

"By the way, here is the AH....
Please please carefully notice the huge fight for the core morphers and the pier passes :whistling: "
Ouch, one whole server, two pages of auctions, no activity on Core Morphers? Makes me less inclined to regret not renewing my sub.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 2:58pm

Must be a bug. I didnt even know that was about. I didnt even get it on the 2 toons I have leveled since the engineer came out. Will have to check into this.

Then might be they changed it with 5.0

I have not levelled a single character after 5.0

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 5:27pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Then might be they changed it with 5.0

I have not levelled a single character after 5.0
I sent in a ticket, so when they are done taking their sweet time to answer it I will let ya know.

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 3:17am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

You should have a full set of level 51 blue socketed gear chests in your mailbox for levelling to level 51 from "the Director".
If you didn't get them then that's a bug and you can report that to support to have them mailed.

If only I had subscription running still, I could craft full set of 58 gear for you seeing as you use leather. :(
I just got word back and the full set of lvl 51 blue socketed gear chests are a myth.