You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 1:45am

Level 59-60?

I'm not sure where I should post this, but I'll post it in General as it might be roughly the correct place.

I have come back to Allods since 51 was the cap and I have been leveling my scout. I am at 59, and have seemingly run out of quests that give exp that aren't Tep's Pyramid or DC or other such raids. I am confused. Are you supposed to only have enough quests to get just barely into 59, or am I missing a questline somewhere?

Currently at 94/111 important quests in Umior but cannot seem to find anything besides two level 60 quests I cannot accept in Upper Umior.

Is there a commonly misplaced questline somewhere? Or is it deliberately made in such a way that I must purchase roughly 12 or so Folio's to level to 60?

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 1:48am

"game" wants you to buy exp foliants
if you dont want to do that you can for example use symbol of exp from tkarik cave, this seems to be the most comfortable way

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 1:51am

Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask about the Reinc cave. How would I fare do you think, as a scout in the current carnation of it? At 51 cap I recall if being highly unbearable, but I'm to understand the revamped it recently? Scout with 555.444 runes, by the way.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 4:36am

lordsajo

Beginner

If it is any other reason than 'buy your way out of grinding' it complete insanity.
I've played my fair share of heavy grinding games, but never have I ever been expected to grind 100% of a level.
I just finished grinding a large portion of 40-41 only to look around at 41 and have no new quests, not a one that I can find.
Am not looking forward to grinding another 19 levels.

To be honest I was thinking of adding some cash to my account sometime soon, but then I find I have to grind an entire level and suddenly I don't feel like supporting such a game. I don't get it, the game seems like they're doing all they can to survive while at the same time desperately trying to fail.
Everyone's unique, but if you want to fit in, do your best to hide it.
Money won't buy you happiness, it will rent the hell out of it though.
Knowing when something is going to end well is good.
Knowing when something is going to end badly is better.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 1:02pm

For new players grinding is normally from lvl 33 to 40/42 other then that you dont have to grind.

Some ppl have some issues with lvl 59 to 60 beacause they finish a major part of the quests while already max lvl.

i already lvl up 2 characters in this patch and got to lvl 60 before i runned out of quests in Umoir

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 2:14pm

For new players grinding is normally from lvl 33 to 40/42 other then that you dont have to grind.

Some ppl have some issues with lvl 59 to 60 beacause they finish a major part of the quests while already max lvl.

i already lvl up 2 characters in this patch and got to lvl 60 before i runned out of quests in Umoir
What do you mean by "finish a major part of the quests while already max lvl"? I did 51-59 in the course of the past week and now I'm here, waiting on Goblinball exp items.

Do you mean some quests that were at 51 that I finished ages ago, like Cradle quests? Those I remember doing at 51 but I don't recall them giving any exp at all that would offset finished Umior quests at two bars into 59.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 4:01pm

Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask about the Reinc cave. How would I fare do you think, as a scout in the current carnation of it? At 51 cap I recall if being highly unbearable, but I'm to understand the revamped it recently? Scout with 555.444 runes, by the way.

tkarik cave is VERY easy now
even with runes 2-1-1 1-1-1 its no problem at all :)

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 4:15pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

What do you mean by "finish a major part of the quests while already max lvl"? I did 51-59 in the course of the past week and now I'm here, waiting on Goblinball exp items.

Do you mean some quests that were at 51 that I finished ages ago, like Cradle quests? Those I remember doing at 51 but I don't recall them giving any exp at all that would offset finished Umior quests at two bars into 59.
Instead of not finishing your quests once you hit 60 people continue to finish the quests to be able to get to the instance. When this is done it screws you in the long run for the next level cap raise. Therefore you either have to pay for the xp scrolls or grind till your at cap.

A few hints for less grinding while leveling...DO NOT party with anyone while questing, if you do the xp you get for mobs is potently split in half or close to it. Take advantage of lucky moments when they have xp anything. Grind grind grind instances till they give you hardly any xp, you will normally at least get your gold back that you put into mercs if not a bit extra. Instance's take a half hour to reset and you can quest while you are waiting for the reset.

Being 59 you are pretty well screwed into either waiting for an xp lm, getting xp scrolls or grinding.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 6:00pm

lordsajo

Beginner

A few hints for less grinding while leveling...DO NOT party with anyone while questing, if you do the xp you get for mobs is potently split in half or close to it.

Allods, the only game I've ever seen that actually punishes you for party questing/grinding, most games give you little bonuses for doing this.
Everyone's unique, but if you want to fit in, do your best to hide it.
Money won't buy you happiness, it will rent the hell out of it though.
Knowing when something is going to end well is good.
Knowing when something is going to end badly is better.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 7:30pm

Is an hour or two of grinding really that scary to you people? Really, it's much less of an issue than parting with some money, even more so if you (Oh the horror!) use a non-anonymous payment method.

Most of you are sooooooo weird.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 8:15pm

Is an hour or two of grinding really that scary to you people? Really, it's much less of an issue than parting with some money, even more so if you (Oh the horror!) use a non-anonymous payment method.

While I love item grinding/farming, I'm not one for mob grinding for exp. Though since Reinc Cave is super easy now, that means I can do that for exp over Goblinball with bad team mates.

Trust me, I'm an mmo vet. Last time I had to grind to get to cap on mobs was vanilla wow on the elites in the plaguelands. I didn't have fond memories of that, mainly because of ganking rogues and such, but that's a different issue entirely. If I recall, I'm now halfway through 59-60 through Goblinball so I'll get to 60 tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I hope I can have some fun doing Astral again.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 10:42pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

An hour or to of mindless grinding isnt that bad. What is bad is that you have to do more then an hour or 2 of mindless grinding while leveling if you dont use xp scrolls or grind instances. Then add all the grinding you will have to do just to upgrade your gear and glyphs once you hit 60.

And by the way, some people only have an hour or 2 a day to play and dont want to spend that grinding.

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 1:13pm

An hour or to of mindless grinding isnt that bad. What is bad is that you have to do more then an hour or 2 of mindless grinding while leveling if you dont use xp scrolls or grind instances.

If you are already 55 as a returning player, it's definitely not more than an hour of grinding required to reach 60 (assuming you done all the quests).

If you start from nothing, it's about 2 hours for coba, then 1 hour per zone until (excluding) gipat, then 1 hour for Umoir.
So, counting Coba, Coldberg, Avilon, Dragon Ring, Yazes Shard and Umoir it's 2 + 1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 2 + 5 = 7 hours total.

And by the way, some people only have an hour or 2 a day to play and dont want to spend that grinding.

Those people have spent that time on something else, with that, the only logical thing to assume is that they got money out of it. Spending money on exp scrolls is not going to cost them amount they could live for a week with.

But I personally think this game is not for those kind of people and that they should leave for their own good, they will be disappointed with what they can achieve here with this kind of time commitment.

For everyone else, want or not is not a factor with the current (very miserable) situation on the online games market.
If you don't have a max level character, you will eventually do it because there's nothing else to do at less than max level, and if you leave for other games... you'll be back after few weeks or months.

It goes a lot smoother if you accept it (and prepare) from the very start.

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Dala" (Oct 9th 2014, 1:31pm)

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 2:15pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

If you start from nothing, it's about 2 hours for coba, then 1 hour per zone until (excluding) gipat, then 1 hour for Umoir.
So, counting Coba, Coldberg, Avilon, Dragon Ring, Yazes Shard and Umoir it's 2 + 1 +1 +1 +1 +1 = 2 + 5 = 7 hours total.

Ok so you figure 7 hours of grinding just for leveling. Then add in all the grinding you must do just to upgrade gear/glyphs. Sure you have Koe, Tka Rik, Goblinball, Mazes and the like, but guess what it is still grinding.

Who really wants to grind while leveling only to have to do it for endgame?

But I personally think this game is not for those kind of people and that they should leave for their own good, they will be disappointed with what they can achieve here with this kind of time commitment.

Wow, just wow. Really you are one of those people that think that someone that has an hour or 2 a night (not including what they have on the weekends) shouldn't play this game?

Do you not realize that some of these people that only spend an hour or 2 a night are some of the best geared people in this game?

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 3:20pm

Do you not realize that some of these people that only spend an hour or 2 a night are some of the best geared people in this game?

Maybe, but they get external help.
By external I mean from people in their guilds who got way more time, and to get in good relations with those people, to prove they are worth something, they HAD TO at some point sink huge amounts of time into the game.
Oh and I bet they also use money as a tremendous shortcut.
Removal of the most "annoying" astral debuffs and the reduction of keys granted per week most likely contributes to that a great deal too.

I refuse to believe this would be the case in the "good old days" when a single allod clear could take 45 minutes or more due to debuff setup and with 20 keys. And no "big" (x4) replicators. Imagine no replicators at all.

This is the reason failure of p2p server broke my heart. On the f2p time is exchangeable with money just like the real life.
It's disgusting, purpose of games is to have somewhere to run from real life.

Don't forget this thread is about a returning or new player, meaning no "connections", no friends to get carried by.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Oct 9th 2014, 3:25pm)

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 6:54pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Maybe, but they get external help.
By external I mean from people in their guilds who got way more time, and to get in good relations with those people, to prove they are worth something, they HAD TO at some point sink huge amounts of time into the game.
Oh and I bet they also use money as a tremendous shortcut.
Removal of the most "annoying" astral debuffs and the reduction of keys granted per week most likely contributes to that a great deal too.

People do join guilds to be able to advance properly in a game. People in guilds are suppose to help one another. And it was easy to spend 20 keys on the weekend when they don't work. It doesnt mean that these people were carried given crap or even cash shopped their way through like you are assuming they did. I am sure some did but I know of some that haven't.

But saying that people that dont have the time to grind their way through this game because they only have an hour or 2 to spend on the days they work to play is just wrong.

It's disgusting, purpose of games is to have somewhere to run from real life.

Do you not go to the movies, out to eat or spend any money on things that are NOT a necessity of day to day life? I am a cash shopper myself and while I do not spend even near as much as some people do, this is my choice to spend money on this game whether you think it is disgusting or not and yes this game is my way to get away from real life also.

This is the reason failure of p2p server broke my heart. On the f2p time is exchangeable with money just like the real life.

Since you brought it up I am gonna ask you because I have always wondered, Why is it you stay around if you are so unhappy with the game? And why aren't you trying to help make p2p something to actually want to log in like Jinxed is trying to do?

Don't forget this thread is about a returning or new player, meaning no "connections", no friends to get carried by.
Yeah I didn't forget. I was actually staying on track with the original post till I had to stop and comment on your reply.

Back on track...You just need to realize that there are people in this game that don't like to grind the whole time they are in this game and actually want to enjoy playing. If they choose to spend real money on it, so what it is their choice not yours.

Oh and by the way if you DID read everything I did post in an earlier post, you would have seen how to prevent this from happening while you are leveling without spending any money on getting xp scrolls.

Even more back on the original post...If you are 55 and have done all of your quests to open Teps, then EXPECT to grind or pay money to get to 60.

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 9:05pm

Since you brought it up I am gonna ask you because I have always wondered, Why is it you stay around if you are so unhappy with the game? And why aren't you trying to help make p2p something to actually want to log in like Jinxed is trying to do?

For then exact same reason I stated in my previous post. I don't have enough time anymore to play the game the way I think is a proper way.

It's not the game, it's me, it was always "all or nothing" for me. I actually think this game is as close to perfect as it gets, at least the p2p version is.
My prediction is that we won't see anything else come close quality-wise in at least a decade.

When I said "I personally think those people should leave" I really meant it, I have done so myself. I don't play anymore.
I am just lurking the forums and answering questions people have about the game.

When I can afford to no-life again (and that's something I'll sure as hell be striving for), I am going right back.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Dala" (Oct 9th 2014, 9:16pm)

Friday, October 10th 2014, 2:54am

As it turns out, I just hit 60 from Reinc Cave/Goblinball exp.

I can't seem to kill anything on Wellebell and cannot find a group.

Guess I need to find a guild or something.

Friday, October 10th 2014, 5:20am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

As it turns out, I just hit 60 from Reinc Cave/Goblinball exp.

I can't seem to kill anything on Wellebell and cannot find a group.

Guess I need to find a guild or something.
Congrats on 60
Either level a profession so you can make epic gear or find someone that can craft it for you. If you go to wellebell you will see people out there, just ask for an invite. It is pretty easy on the imp side just by asking for someone to invite you. Not sure how it is on lig side.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 10:37am

Nadfee

Beginner

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yIbfRxi.jpg?1[/img]

EDIT: Pictures not working.. it seems.. http://i.imgur.com/yIbfRxi.jpg?1

10k medals - Problem solved.
I've been playing GB and saving em up since lvl 8 whilst buying XP scrolls from time to time (Eljune, Coba times) and im back onspot on the level and saving up for more for 58-60 "out-of-quest" bullsh*t.

Then going for alot of gold medals in the end. (15k gb scrolls) :)