You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 6:18pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Caster healer build?

Does anyone have a good caster build (for pvp and astrals) yet?

I want to try out caster but I'm not really sure where to put rubies (I am melee atm).

So if you have a good build for it, please share and post it here. Thank you :)

Friday, March 21st 2014, 6:20pm

adelinne87

Beginner

This was posted by me btw, forgot to login :P

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 5:51am

Im still leveling my healer but there are some points I'd like to make. The blaze of faith rubies in the cleansing flame tree help out alot and a clear difference in damage output can be observed. Try to also get all the rubies that increase the damage and lower cooldowns/cast times of CoL/PoL and heavenly smite. The holy blast tree is where you'd find the power of the pure, crusade, miracle worker, and inevitable punishment rubies. The most important thing of all is to pick up the unbending will rubies in the verdict talent tree, that is huge for a CH since we won't have the Fanatacism generation abilites of MH(Punish Fanatacism). That's my two cents for you, good luck with the build! Try posting it when you come up with it.

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 12:00pm

adelinne87

Beginner

Thank you so much for the tips Doughdough :)

Yesterday I made a caster farming build just to lvl up to 60 easier, and since it's not rly good for pvp/astrals
I will need to make it more suitable for this soon.

Pls post more tips if you have any :) or contact me in game on my char Adelinne :)

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 3:12pm

I'm glad that I could help but unfortunately at this point I am still in my early leveling phase. I'll be sure to post more tips once I progress more into the game. Feel free to ask more question or even send me a PM

Monday, March 24th 2014, 5:31pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

#Here# you can find the build that I used to level and farm Wellbell with. The damage output seems decent, and I can kill mobs in Wellbell decently(green cycles). Very good for single target, and for multiple mob pulls, Frenzy is amazing.

All my builds though are always in development, and I tweak them to how I feel is the best. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 12:19pm

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 12:31pm

I don't forsee any radical changes to the FH or caster builds from previous patches - simply because the changes haven't brought any new desirable rubies, just shuffled their priorities.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 6:57pm

Unless my maths is very off, I'd say these are the way to go:

I've only included WM rubies in the final build, so you will probably be ahead of the ruby grid.

Level 10

Level 20

Level 30

Level 40

Level 50

Level 60

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dhamp" (Mar 27th 2014, 7:47pm)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 10:41pm

DorianGrey

Beginner

Cool stuff, pretty much like i did with mine build (lvl 60).

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 9:24am

These builds are awful :S

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "1aussieonly" (Mar 27th 2014, 9:43am)

Wednesday, March 26th 2014, 11:03am

I'm always welcome to criticism, but please try and be specific!

I've intentionally sacrificed range and the snare on Holy Blast because it's a PVE build, and the AoE rubies aren't worth it now Chain of Light is tied to Fanaticism.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:55am

Caster Healer doesn't mean a Caster and a Full Healer hybrid (unless you are actually making a specific CH/FH hybrid spec, which none of yours are).

Your talent and ruby allocation are inefficient. I can only assume this is meant to be a full DPS build, as you have Aura of Potency. So why waste 5 talent points on rank 1 of each of the heals (except Prayer)? The heals will barely do anything with Potency up and without, you are not even remotely close to being an off healer/dps. In pvp these heals won't do enough, maybe give you an edge and a degree of survivability but nothing more.

I fail to understand why you would not take all the stat rubies while taking Cleansing Flame/Perp damage increase/mana reduction and crit chance rubies. What do you feel these are truly adding to your build? That's 8 rubies!!! Wouldn't these be better spent on stat rubies and other useful rubies you have skipped?

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:19am

The stats I've not taken are non-pve stats.

Anger and Willpower have little to no use in a PvE build.
Vigor and Proficiency, which are taken, do.

The heals, are taken because when solo, Potency serves little purpose (while the dps buff is nice, being able to toss a self heal increases your efficiency more than the increased damage) , and the r3 ccs are inefficient.

Where would you feel the talents would be better spent?

Ruby-wise, people always underestimate the impact of Cleansing Flame and it's rubies. Cleansing Flame provides a sizeable chunk of DPS, and is our number one DPSC spell, even before you take the effects of Blaze of Faith into account.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:45am

Ruby-wise, people always underestimate the impact of Cleansing Flame and it's rubies. Cleansing Flame provides a sizeable chunk of DPS, and is our number one DPSC spell, even before you take the effects of Blaze of Faith into account.
Enough DPS to worth investing 11 rubies into? Really?

Come on!!!

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:49am

Enough DPS to worth investing 11 rubies into? Really?

Come on!!!

In a PvE build, yes.

Mainly because the only other rubies that have any impact (the Chain of Light/Heavenly Smite rubies) were nerfed into utter redundancy now Chain of Light is no longer spammable.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:54am

In a PvE build, yes.

Mainly because the only other rubies that have any impact (the Chain of Light/Heavenly Smite rubies) were nerfed into utter redundancy now Chain of Light is no longer spammable.
Yeah there are no other rubies that are viable.......

*shakes head*

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:00am

In a PvE build, yes.

Yeah there are no other rubies that are viable.......

*shakes head*

Instead of non-constructive passive aggression, please point out which rubies these would be that provide reasonable output increases in a PvE environment.

Just like you pointed out the replacement talent choices. Oh. Wait.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:12am

Talents - Rank 3 Providence? Rank 3 Blind?

(Names by the calculators naming) Rubies - Executioner, Execution of sentence, Thaumaturge. Most of your DPS will come from Celestial Blade and Particle of Light. The cast time of Blase (while not in Frenzy) is a bit "limiting" so the 30% reduction in cast time is a solid addition. Much better than Cleansing Flame costing 30% less mana, for example.

I'm not that against Eternal Flame rubies but rank 1 feels like it would be enough.

Determination Rubies. Your argument for getting heals are for when you are soloing, isn't this where Determination would be good and let you inflict more damage, thus mitigating the need for heals? Also, Astral does have a fair amount of AOE or circumstantial damage, which can raise your Determination bar to increase damage. This is probably better than 10% crit chance for Cleansing Flame, given how crits work now.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:55am

Rank 3 Providence I'll give you, but rank 3 blind, I'd consider to be a bit of a waste in a PvE build.

I'd missed the changes to Execution and Executioner, and I agree , they need to be in - I'll update the builds when I get home.

I still feel R3 Eternal Flame is a must for both DPS and Mana management.

The changes to Luck make crit chance rubies much more valuable, not less - you aren't just increasing it by 10%, you are tripling base crit chance.

As for Determination, its just not worth it. If the heals were being taken to survive, then yes, it would be useful, but the reason I include heals is to minimise downtime. Popping 1 Fanaticism per minute on Holy Healing and using perpetual healing on CD will keep you more than healthy enough. The cast time heals are there as a "just in case".

You'd need a sizeable chunk of Determination (enough to make the difference between taking X casts and X-1 casts to make a kill) to have an impact on survivability - its the same reason I wouldn't use Potency for farming.