You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:00pm

Help needed

Hello,

a friend of mine is interested in giving this game a try, he asked me some questions but I did not play for quite a long and I'm not sure what to tell him.

1. He wants to play as a full healer and wants to know if it is hard to level up. If yes, what class would give him a smooth leveling experience.

2. Is it possible now to do pvp without spending real money (He's not interested in being 'competetive' or 'top' player, just to have fun)

3. How good end game pve contetnt is nowadays?

4. Are there any helpfull guilds that are willing to take him in and help him learn the game (he wants to play on League side).

Hope you guys can help.

Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:44pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Hello
I think he should join us on subscription server,population isnt high,but a lot of newbies is there,each side have helpfull guilds,and its rlly easy to lvl up on 60,i reached lvl 60 in 3 days and couple h...Why subscription?Cuz there is no shop,so there is no problem with rune and other CS items...:) He can earn everything in game for gold ...and subscription is very cheap ... :)

Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:53pm

RE: Help needed

Hello,

a friend of mine is interested in giving this game a try, he asked me some questions but I did not play for quite a long and I'm not sure what to tell him.

1. He wants to play as a full healer and wants to know if it is hard to level up. If yes, what class would give him a smooth leveling experience.

2. Is it possible now to do pvp without spending real money (He's not interested in being 'competetive' or 'top' player, just to have fun)

3. How good end game pve contetnt is nowadays?

4. Are there any helpfull guilds that are willing to take him in and help him learn the game (he wants to play on League side).

Hope you guys can help.

1 you can vary only a few rubies in FH build to get a nice leveling build but still be a viable FH ( have leveled mine this way)
maybe this is of interest:
http://de.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=3442

2 no matter what ppl will tell you: IT IS :) but for sure you will have a hard time especially at the beginning. over time it will get better and better

3 as i was never a friend of astralship i really welcomed the wils shore areal which allows you to do "endcontent" farming ALONE, but also in a group if you wish
you are no longer dependent on toher playrs / mercenaries which is a great addition

4 i cant tell but i most likeley think there will be

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 10th 2014, 7:02pm)

Friday, October 10th 2014, 7:09pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Hello
I think he should join us on subscription server,population isnt high,but a lot of newbies is there,each side have helpfull guilds,and its rlly easy to lvl up on 60,i reached lvl 60 in 3 days and couple h...Why subscription?Cuz there is no shop,so there is no problem with rune and other CS items...:) He can earn everything in game for gold ...and subscription is very cheap ... :)
I have to agree with this. If he wants to have fun at pvp without spending real money this is the way to go. Until the population gets a bit bigger the endgame pve is lacking though.

Each server has their ups and downs. Free server he will have to grind and grind and grind to get the things needed such as runes but it has the population. Pay server you pay a small amount a month dont need to worry about grinding for runes but the population just isnt there at the moment.

Friday, October 10th 2014, 7:57pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Hello
If he wants to have fun at pvp without spending real money this is the way to go.
No offense Amber but playing on the SUBSCRIPTION server would require spending REAL MONEY, or a SERIOUS amount of farming on the other server.

Friday, October 10th 2014, 11:59pm

No offense Amber but playing on the SUBSCRIPTION server would require spending REAL MONEY, or a SERIOUS amount of farming on the other server.

1000 crystals? That's not even close to what I would call SERIOUS. Assuming one has a level 60 character.

Of course if you count leveling a character on the other server from level 1 just to do that, it's a different thing entirely.

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 12:24am

IAmGroot

Professional

1000 crystals? That's not even close to what I would call SERIOUS. Assuming one has a level 60 character.

Of course if you count leveling a character on the other server from level 1 just to do that, it's a different thing entirely.

My assumption, based off the original post, was that this person is completely new to the game.
That is why I said SERIOUS farming.
Leveling a character from 1-60 will take 2-3 weeks, maybe longer.
After that, with your leveling gold (I'm guessing around 25k-40k), you will be able to buy level what...2 runes? maybe a 3?
Then you have to farm skirmishes or mobs in order to get gold to make 87,000 gold to purchase 1,000 crystals.
People say you can farm around idk 4500g/hour without alchemy.
The people that are saying this have level 5-13 runes + many cash shop items.
So lets dial it down a bit because this person would have around 322,222 runes.
We'll say (and I'm being very generous) this person can farm at about 2,800 gold per hour. (again...VERY generous)
87,000/2,800 = just over 31 hours of farming to get 1 month of subscription.
Now lets say a person plays on average 3-5 hours a day.
That means it would take 10-6 DAYS of their time farming to acquire their 1,000 crystals for their month of playing on the other server.
That means they spend between ONE THIRD and ONE FIFTH of their month farming on another server to pay for the other one.

This......this....is not viable at all.

But whatever you say. :)

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 2:16am

My 2 cents go Healer and go for a caster build....learn the class and the game.
As you grow stronger and understand more of the game perhaps change to a full healer build.

Ppl saying that you can go full healer while leveling or hybrid,already have a knowledge of the game and cash shop items that allow them to take that route.Believe me you dont,You will be a poor version of both,and will have a hard time completing simple tasks.

Healer is the only class in game where you can be meelee,caster or full healer(warden can do that too nowadays,but wont last long).Both meelee and caster are fun builds to level up so go for it.
You will be able to do awesome damage while having survivability enough to handle most situations.

The game has been designed in a way that full healers aint needed till later stages of endgame.So forgett that idea

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 2:22am

BTW subscription server is a much better experience,although i dont play it anymore because it has became a lonely place to be in.
If subscription server had 1/4 of the players f2p has i wouldnt think twice to jump on that wagon once again

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 4:44am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Hello
If he wants to have fun at pvp without spending real money this is the way to go.
No offense taken Hcl. Yes playing on the sub server would require spending real money it is less of a pain in the bum to pay per month then the constant grind you would have to just to be able to have a bit of fun at endgame.

CC's alone went up and at 87 to 1 (last I checked) is just way too much grinding (at least to me) to even get lvl 5's.

Oh and by the way I did ummm kinda explained wrong :S

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 12:02pm

People say you can farm around idk 4500g/hour without alchemy.
[...]
We'll say (and I'm being very generous) this person can farm at about 2,800 gold per hour. (again...VERY generous)

I like how detailed your posts are with math to back it up, but here is where you took the wrong turn.
If your gear + runes put you at a level of power where you get less from straight up farming than from alchemy, then you pick up alchemy and do exclusively that.

Full f2p is about doing what's most efficient in the long run for your particular case, every time, all the time.

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 5:10pm

TheRampage

Trainee

Simple,pay 21 euros for 6 months on sub server,farm gold on normal way just to pay your gear upgrading...Atm i spending a lot of gold for my gear and glyphs(gear full rare and some epic's) Glyphs per week cost me 15k gold,greatness 4k,gear hmm about 15k)And its still hard to farm gold for me...now imagine how much gold u need on f2p for gear,glyphs,rune..and other CS items...

Rate this thread