You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 23rd 2014, 5:51pm

Starting as MAGE

Hello everyone,
My name is John and I am an imperial player but I want to be a League player as well. I am thinking about having a mage on the league side but the problem is that I have no idea about the builds or anything that includes the mage class :P I just like throwing ice meteorits or shocking bolts or even fire ballzzz :D
I heared that there are a lot of builds like ICE&FIRE, LIGHTING,ICE and FIRE,LIGHTING if i am not mistaken. Well anyway, can someone explane me which build do players use where,when and why? Which build is better for lvling, whichone for endgame PVE (don't care about PVP). I want to know which build is better for what and why.
As I know (I might be wrong) people use ICE&FIRE and LIGHING&ICE for PVE (as I know). Can someone waste some time by explaining me why do players use those builds?

Thanks everyone who at least read this thread and I want to ask everyone to leave a LINKD or a screenshot of their build (include it is PVE or PVP) once I see all the different build you guys use I am sure I will be able to creat my own build.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mr.Red" (Oct 25th 2014, 10:55am)

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 12:10am

if you dont care for pvp i would recommend you go for ice / electric (btw this is also great to kill other players, but its not made specially for it)

you can do GREAT dps with that and will almost never run out of mana

reference build you be something like this:
http://eu.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!2!113..3.3.3....3..1.3..31.3....33.3..!a/USGQE!mtcupb/UPJJQB!gdbrol/GAWUF

your main attack is icy comet & electrical pulse
if you dont have points for them use frostbold and shocking grasp
shocking grasp can be uses while moving

as soon as your mana goes <50% use reflections to fill it up (in combination with snowdam rubies)
keep stone barrier up always and you will get no damage at all in most cases

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 11:07am

Oh thats cool. One quest....
At low lvls everone can 1-2 shot a mob but at higher lvls will I be able to kill 4-5 mobs at once withpout diying or beening close to death? How stronge are the AoE abilities for that build?

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 11:23am

the build he linkd you its prolly one of the worst i ever saw.

just check some old topics and you will find some decent builds, not hard to understand how a class in allods should work.

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 4:09pm

Yeah it shouldn't be hard to understand how a class works but I like when i get my answers fast and easy by asking expirienced players ^^

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 7:15pm

Oh thats cool. One quest....
At low lvls everone can 1-2 shot a mob but at higher lvls will I be able to kill 4-5 mobs at once withpout diying or beening close to death? How stronge are the AoE abilities for that build?

killing 4-5 at once is hard as mage
ists faster to go 1 by 1

aoe is good, but mainly for cases where you have a tank
there are 2 types of comet... "comet" and "meteor"... meteor is AOE version
same with electric pulse
if multiple mobs attack you you die fast since barriers and relections will be gone nearly instant

also AOE is nearly meaningless now with the new way mobs in wild shore and KOE work :S

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 9:23pm

I once searched among the mage's PMB builds and checked them because,I wanted a mage reincarnation but later I go for healer reincarnation instead.

Anyway while I searched,I actually found an interesting PMB (I sadly can't remember who made it) and I guess it was in NA server and I took the Ice+lightning PVE build which was there and probably tweaked it a bit to be more dpsy (not sure) for later use on my reincarnation that was supposed to be mage at first.
That's the link to the build I found after I've put it in talent calculator:

http://tinyurl.com/khgcwl4

I wish I bookmarked the PMB guide itself back then but I guess I forgot. :(

I'm not sure if this build is fine or not so I'd recommend you ask other mages but when I saw it and checked further more back then and probably asked some mages,I had a feeling it was good.I just put that here because,it might help out.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Oct 25th 2014, 9:35pm) with the following reason: adding an image of the build.