You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 21st 2014, 11:57pm

Guides[request], build discussion

Hi there, can someone, who had enough time to fiddle around with the new mechanics, create a guide for Psionicists.
A concentration on the new stats, how they scale and how they benefit a psio in its natural environment most(pve, pvp), would help me and a bunch of others out a lot.
Use this thread to discuss on builds and/or post what has worked best for you.

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 8:16am

it's a little easier to make a build now that so many rubies are totally useless or broken. i guess we'll have to wait until they completely rework the ruby grids. i'm sure the other classes are having similar issues.

for anyone that didn't check out that patch notes, here's a run down of what some of the stat rubies do now, that way you don't have to go searching around for it.

-unending knowledge (int rubies) increases vigor now. 9%
-analyst (prec rubies) increases proficiency. 9%
-mind bender (conv rubies) increase vitality and faith. vitality by 12%, faith by 3%

our chance to crit rubies have changed.

-anger management (choke crit) increased by 10% total
-clarity of thought (psychic shock/trauma/pyro/wob) increased by 12%
-calculating mind (pain shift aka shock/destabilization) increased by 15%

-rejection and fighting foresight rubies appear to do nothing (those are our armor and endurance rubies)
-enthusiasm rubies (agility and wisdom) are useless as well, those stats don't exist and the rubies weren't changed to increase an alternative stat.

as for the new stats, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with straight up boosting proficiency/vitality (your damage and health multipliers). the secondary stats such as brutality, blood lust, determination, etc are all up to you.

for example determination seems good if you're in pvp and getting focused (increases your damage the more damage you take) but would be pretty useless in a pve/raid/astral situation when the tank is taking all the damage.

bloodlust was fun to toy with, if you stack it and use a lot of aoe on a lot of mobs (or players) at once you could potentially get a good amount of health back from it.

brutality is pretty straight forward- the more you chew away at something the harder you hit as it loses health. good stat for dps, pve and pvp.

tenacity, anger, and willpower are your pvp stats. no idea how much you would really need to stack for them to be effective. that's all going to come with practice.

sorry i don't have more information, i'm still trying to learn stuff as well and i haven't even really been doing anything in game. ANYONE WANNA ASTRAL?
Add me on Steam for most effective trolling: Dune
MFW we get the last Astral Hunt chest

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 7:43pm

-rejection and fighting foresight rubies appear to do nothing (those are our armor and endurance rubies)
-enthusiasm rubies (agility and wisdom) are useless as well, those stats don't exist and the rubies weren't changed to increase an alternative stat.
Rejection still increases armor, actually armor seems to be called "physical resistance" now.
Fighting Foresight reduces damage you take from critical hits by 15%.
Enthusiasm increases Brutality.
for example determination seems good if you're in pvp and getting focused (increases your damage the more damage you take) but would be pretty useless in a pve/raid/astral situation when the tank is taking all the damage.
Determination also scales up Ectoplasmatic Form, the more Determination you have on the bar when you cast it, the more it absorbs.

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 12:28am

Rejection still increases armor, actually armor seems to be called "physical resistance" now.
Determination also scales up Ectoplasmatic Form, the more Determination you have on the bar when you cast it, the more it absorbs.
awesome!! that's good news. it's strange, when i was looking at the armor stat before and after i tried the armor rubies it didn't scale up for me. it's really good the endurance rubies still work. vigor/proficiency seem to also boost ecto. looking forward to getting home tonight and trying my old build again. were you able to see a change in our stats somewhere after applying the armor and endu rubies?

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 1:47am

awesome!! that's good news. it's strange, when i was looking at the armor stat before and after i tried the armor rubies it didn't scale up for me. it's really good the endurance rubies still work. vigor/proficiency seem to also boost ecto. looking forward to getting home tonight and trying my old build again. were you able to see a change in our stats somewhere after applying the armor and endu rubies?
Yes, I have one build with them and another without. Armor is displayed in the lower right corner, under all stats. And it DOES change, it's about 4% difference for r3 rejection with mostly crafted level 58 epics.

Endu you would have to test on the arena. It doesn't reduce the chance to get crit like before, it reduces the damage received when you actually get crit.

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 5:47am

Yes, I have one build with them and another without. Armor is displayed in the lower right corner, under all stats. And it DOES change, it's about 4% difference for r3 rejection with mostly crafted level 58 epics.

Endu you would have to test on the arena. It doesn't reduce the chance to get crit like before, it reduces the damage received when you actually get crit.
this is crazy. idk wtf i'm even seeing with mine. without armor rubies my armor stat displays 2712 across the board, the same as all the resistances that are still listed there too. when hovering over it, it shows two "base" stats. here's how it's listed.

base: 25
equipment bonus: +2494
base: 194

when putting in the armor rubies, the main number remains 2713, and the info as follows:

base: 25
talent bonus: +378
equipment bonus +2494
base: -184

wut is this witchcraft.

i'll need to test it in the arena but i feel like i'm not looking at the same thing you are. lemme know. here's a vid, finally managed to get my fraps somewhat working so i could show you, just ignore the weird freeze at the beginning and end: [psiarmorstatsoconfusedwut ]

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 5:58am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Have you tried pumping enough stat points into Determination to raise it around 90% with very few attack's made against you to increase the damage reduction in connection with ecto, and if so does it look like a better option than balancing them into Prof, Determine?

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 4:48pm

wut is this witchcraft.

i'll need to test it in the arena but i feel like i'm not looking at the same thing you are. lemme know. here's a vid, finally managed to get my fraps somewhat working so i could show you, just ignore the weird freeze at the beginning and end: [psiarmorstatsoconfusedwut ]
You definitely are looking at the same thing I am. No surprise first rubies didn't have an effect, but the ones you added second. Those definitely make around 4% change there for me.

Monday, March 24th 2014, 5:38am

Former Alias: Stoeipoesje, ISA server.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zhankou" (Mar 24th 2014, 5:44am)

Monday, March 24th 2014, 10:38am

it's about 4% difference for r3 rejection with mostly crafted level 58 epics.

i got this to finally show. for some reason, with the new astral greens equipped, the armor rubies don't increase the armor (visibly, at least- like i showed in the vid), but while wearing rep gear, it does. dem bugs.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 7:36am

mentalmush

Beginner

Psionicists

For my take on psi's go to www.psionicists.info

Rate this thread