You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, November 19th 2014, 6:10pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

• "Mhuldoon" started this thread

Hi adversary989,

Feel free to PM me regarding this issue if it persists and I'll look into it for you. Same applies to anyone else who encounters this problem.

Quoted

Actually, no. In (another game that shall remain nameless) I had a "Rogue" (stealth melee dps) whose principal objective was to look as hard to see as possible, even when not in stealth. In a game where high level gear was uniformly needlessly elaborate, colourful, luminous and often a bit frou-frou (especially for the female characters I often play), this was harder than you might imagine, but I managed to pull it off.
Fair point - though you can't deny that look & cosmetic factors are typically appealing. Players at times will pay attention to the look of their avatar more than the capabilities of that avatar. If you pop out of stealth wearing peasant rags, I'm not going to feel threatened (which can be the point, at times :D), compared to some ungodly looking monster with shiny weapons appearing out of nowhere and hitting me in the spine.

As for 'other' strongboxes - we're more than happy to compile lists of desired items if supplied in a constructive manner. Feel free to PM such items or create a dedicated "In Demand" mega-thread and we can keep a close eye on it.

Regards,
-Mhul

Thursday, November 20th 2014, 8:22am

"Fair point - though you can't deny that look & cosmetic factors are typically appealing."

Yes, indeed. My rogue used the epically cool costume management features of that game to wear a set of assorted relatively plain costume pieces, all dyed black, of course. The only thing I couldn't find a sane costume piece for was the head, so bare-headed she went (OK, with a real helmet on, but hidden by the costume manager), which spoiled the effect slightly because she was blonde.

"If you pop out of stealth wearing peasant rags, I'm not going to feel threatened (which can be the point, at times :D), compared to some ungodly looking monster with shiny weapons appearing out of nowhere and hitting me in the spine."

The trick was, of course, to come out of stealth by stabbing you in the head repeatedly. ;)
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Rate this thread