You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 9:02am

can't tab out

alright time for me to ask in here. i wanna know if anyone else has been experiencing these problems. i have three issues and they all seem to be related.

1). i'm unable to alt-tab out of the game when it's in fullscreen mode. if i try, it goes to the desktop for about a second before allods forces itself back into the front. i haven't had this problem with any other games or programs. even if i try alt-control-delete, once i select the task manager option, allods once again comes to the front of everything else- even the task manager. this was a pain when i was stuck in the loading screen a couple days ago, haha.

2). fraps isn't recognizing allods as a game, lol. neither is the razer game booster's screen recorder. the fps counter doesn't show up, and the screen capture/screenshots do not work. i tried recording bug number one and ended up finding bug number two, lol.

3). allods doesn't like steam overlay. since i can't tab out, i thought i'd just use steam in order to chat with my friends while in game. it works, unfortunately when i go back to the game from the steam overlay most of my keys stop working and remain that way unless i window out and back in, which i can't do lol.

of course the solution right now is to just not play in fullscreen mode (which i'm doin now), but it doesn't solve the really odd issue of not being able to record with either screen recorder, which is fine and all but how am i supposed to record the hilarious way umoir's queen flings her body around when you talk to her?

i just got this computer and i'm new to windows 8 so i'm not sure if any of these problems can be fixed with certain changes. here's a bit of info on my setup.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 20217
BIOS: 74CN44WW(V3.05)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM
Page File: 4587MB used, 11708MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

i'm running allods in administrator mode, and i tried a couple of the compatibility mode options to see if it changed anything, like the windows service pack 3 option, etc. none of the issues went away with those.

let me know if any of you have similar issues with tabbing out or not being able to use your keys, and if you've found any solutions.
Add me on Steam for most effective trolling: Dune
MFW we get the last Astral Hunt chest

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 12:17pm

I'm unable to duplicate any of these.

Are you using the My.com launcher or the old Allods one?
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 12:26pm

I'm unable to duplicate any of these.

Are you using the My.com launcher or the old Allods one?
the allods launcher. although i've tried with both and it does the same :/

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 1:12pm

It sounds like the Alt-key sticking thing again :/

Try running the Repair tool from the old-style Launcher.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 5:39am

It sounds like the Alt-key sticking thing again :/

Try running the Repair tool from the old-style Launcher.

it's odd, after all the settings i was messing with in the properties i shut my comp down for the night and when i logged back in and tried again i was able to record with fraps, although it does a weird freeze at the beginning and end of the recording.

alrighty i ran the repair. it downloaded a file "data/Packs/ZoneContested" in a "functional" state and the notification "repair completed successfully". alt tab still doesn't work unfortunately.
and lol, you have the perfect signature. thanks for trying to help me out, too. :3 i know it's not a big issue but in the past i often recorded bugs or strange things in game, as it's easier showing than describing sometimes.

Rate this thread