You are not logged in.

Exp

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 7:38pm

Exp

Why do we still have a system so much dependent on tomes in f2p? I mean can't you see that something is going wrong when this game population is decreasing so much? You have so many ways of making money on stores, that you should start thinking on making the leveling free. That would atract many players im sure and you would only win with it!

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 9:16pm

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 9:50pm

Having leveled two incarnations recently through Asee I can only agree.
1st time I got +100% exp the whole and still had to grind quite a bit, but it wasn't too bad (maybe I'm just used to it though...)
2nd time without lucky moments ... It's indeed frustrating: 70k exp to next level and no quests left for the level?
Assuming that one mob gives 200 exp (rather less) it would take 350 of those .. I could understand any newcomer who would just quit at that point. Alternatively you can try to get some exp with PVP, but honestly that's hardly efficient and gives max. 2k per kill.
> More XP for quests starting with Asee please ;)

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 10:41pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

leveling is free... what do you mean?
if you lack exp level 35 - 38 repeat TT2 often
Why is it you think you have an answer for it all??

The proper way is to be able to level while questing not having to fkn grind. Do you not realize that Doing TT2 or any instance more then 1 time is a form of grinding??

This game is far from being a F2P game. People do not want to have to grind their way to be able to do endgame.

Sunday, November 16th 2014, 11:48pm

stepas123

Beginner

Devs could recalculate the xp... But they don't want to :D

Monday, November 17th 2014, 10:59am

Glad to see someone agrees with me. I feel sorrow to see the first mmorpg i have ever played seriously, going so down and reaching a point of no returning. They should explore other f2p ways like the system lotro has, or even re adapting the existing way to be easier for new comers to play this, cause if it's bad to people with incarns and exp buffs imagine to someone new who knows nothing about this. You have many ways of making money with end game stuff/chips/boxes/etc, why can't you let the exp "part" go. I'm sure people would spare this money to spend it anywhere else in game anyways

Monday, November 17th 2014, 11:56am

A scroll of exp in boutique gives you 30 000 Xp...
And they cost like 0.5 euros each.
This game deserves some donation
Plus gb can give you 2 scrolls a Day for free
In Tka riks cave you can get unlimited scrolls
What else do you need?

And if you think 0.5 euros is much then i recommend "Hello kitty online"

Monday, November 17th 2014, 12:38pm

Gramarye

Professional

What else do you need?

This attitude is rlly wird. Its not the sense of f2p to force ppl to pay, such scrolls should just increase the speed but shouldnt be needed

I think the des just balanced it rlly Bad when they removed rested exp and a lot of old quests. The Bad surprise is the des didnt managed it to fix this during the last 3 Years

Monday, November 17th 2014, 1:11pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

What else do you need?

Oh yes Goblinball...Just what a new person wants to do is hear everyone rage at em because they dont know how to play the fkn thing. But then again Goblinball and Tka Rik's is just another way of having to grind.

Believe you me, in the last 5 years I have played this game I have "Donated" enough. And with every passing patch it seems I have to "Donate" even more then the previous one.

Monday, November 17th 2014, 1:19pm

Kissaki

Trainee

I've levelled 6 incarnations since 5.0. Don't ask me why cos I hate myself for it too. I have decent cash shop and I don't die much (except on summy where I die every 5 mins because I'm unbelievably crap at playing summy).

Anyway, from Assee Teph to the start of Gipat you basically get 50% of the xp needed to level up and the other 50% you need to grind. After Gipat it's a mixed bag, but most zones you need to grind on to lvl out of them and it's a chore.

Exp scrolls are not the solution because the OP is talking about making the game more noob-friendly so that new players at least reach endgame easily before they realize how much everything is going to cost. This would possibly keep more players from quitting before reaching lvl 60.

And you say it's only 0,5 euros for 1 scroll, but on the last levels the xp needed to lvl up is 500k and you make only 50% of it from levelling. So you'd need about 8 xp scrolls to finish lvl 59. Same really for every level from 55 onwards. If you add up how many 30k xp scrolls you would need to level up with no grinding at all, on any level, I imagine you're looking at much more than 50 euros :P

But a little grinding would be ok, just some zones (Eljune, Coba, Umoir) are ridiculous for grinding in without Lucky Moments. So I agree with people who say it's too much to grind, and I agree because it's boring to grind even with decent cash shop. For new players it would suck much more ass and this is why, at least in some zones, the XP values should be raised.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kissaki" (Nov 17th 2014, 1:36pm)

Monday, November 17th 2014, 2:23pm

What else do you need?

Are you forgetting runes,earring,ruby/talent/stats scrolls,mount,conclave,bag/bank...shouldnt this be enough donation?
Having to grind entire levels in zones where you see another player every 1/2 hours is just too much of a boring form of punishment.

But we always get the shorter end of the stick...leveled a toon to 40 in russian server,they gave me enough CC/gold dust to have full lvl 2 runes,a wolf mount,36 slots bag.They also have many LM days,not just on weekends depending on likes in facebook,and lucky hours at random times during the other days.

Blindly defending something that is clearly not working as intended its not a sign of support,its the exact opposite.
When you have new ppl writing threads complaining about the same exact problems periodically,probably its because something is wrong.
And those that complain are the few that actually care enough to do so,most just uninstall and move on to any of the other 100´s alternatives out there.

Monday, November 17th 2014, 4:50pm

If you don't (aka you intend to spend money) - do yourself a favor and go p2p server. It's orders of magnitude bigger bang for your buck. Unless of course you got nearly-limitless resources, but then you would not complain about this I guess.

Here's some sort of general rule of thumb for which Allods server to pick:

If you intend to spend no money at all -> go f2p
If you intend to spend little money -> go p2p
If you intend to spend ridiculous amounts of money -> go f2p

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Nov 17th 2014, 4:57pm)

Monday, November 17th 2014, 9:23pm

The proper way is to be able to level while questing not having to fkn grind. Do you not realize that Doing TT2 or any instance more then 1 time is a form of grinding??

This game is far from being a F2P game. People do not want to have to grind their way to be able to do endgame.

i dont think it, i HAVE an answer for this

going straight to max level just by doing Q is far too easy
i like that allods sorts out those which are not enduring enough

when i was new i was stuck in eljune for 2 levels and in coba for 3
i grinded all of it
with no cs items at all
just with my 2-1-1 1-1-1 runes and my horse from tropical atoll
playing the worst class at this time
level 39-40 i had to grind again

was not easy but i did it

i call leveling a noobfilter, those who get angy and quit if they dont progress to max level within a few hours wont be an annoyance in endgame this way
allods is one of the few games which have balanced this concept really great

as for OP i can only say: keep on it, its worth biting yourself through this :)

Monday, November 17th 2014, 11:04pm

The problem is you won't have enough people to play endgame sooner or later if they keep this exp system lol. Plus i'm from the time i had players of all level around and i could do dungeons without mercs. That used to be my noobfilter; not having to grind around, cause that won't help you on instances anyways so there's no logic on it. But i guess you don't know what i'm talking about, since we have concepts of "balance" very different. If you played the game when it came out we could argue, but since you have no clue we can't. And im basing myself on facts not on opinions. Server population is going down, thats a fact, if you like to grind or not its up to you.

Monday, November 17th 2014, 11:48pm

The problem is you won't have enough people to play endgame sooner or later if they keep this exp system lol.

This is irrelevant.

Entry into endgame on the f2p server is ridiculously expensive in either money or time. Even if you assume starting with a character already at maximum level.
The event where a completely new player enters the game and actually reaches endgame is an extremely rare occurrence because of that.

It boils down to one of those two cases:

A) Player is determined enough to go through with it and they reach endgame successfully.

or

B) They are not and they quit.

A new player cannot see that, but even doubling all experience gains would not have big enough impact to push anyone from B) to A).
Reason is that having a max level character is nowhere near enough to do endgame. You still have to do a massive grind or accept a massive money expenditure that completely dwarfs experience grind or experience scroll costs respectively.

All this would accomplish is making some people quit a bit later rather than sooner.

Monday, November 17th 2014, 11:51pm

Go write that on my new post :) I think we should give some opinions and open a bit the eyes of my.com eheh

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 2:06pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

i dont think it, i HAVE an answer for this

going straight to max level just by doing Q is far too easy
i like that allods sorts out those which are not enduring enough

when i was new i was stuck in eljune for 2 levels and in coba for 3
i grinded all of it
with no cs items at all
just with my 2-1-1 1-1-1 runes and my horse from tropical atoll
playing the worst class at this time
level 39-40 i had to grind again

was not easy but i did it

i call leveling a noobfilter, those who get angy and quit if they dont progress to max level within a few hours wont be an annoyance in endgame this way

as for OP i can only say: keep on it, its worth biting yourself through this :)
I don't know how many toons you have leveled but I my dear have leveled 14 to level 60.
I have went through fatigue
grinding from level 31 to level 32 then level 33 to level 34
grinding 13 million (yes million) to get from level 45 to level 46
the grind for the gems to get from 46 to 47.

By the way when I first started there were no runes nor mounts, so I walked my happy bum around till the end of Eljune when the mounts came out (oh wait thats right there were no mounts there was a mount)

and struggled with being able to kill anything when runes first came out as they raised the damage and the health of mobs. So I have been around long enough to know that leveling isnt the noob filter, so stop trying to justify the fact that they have had problems with calculating xp from the beginning of time.

All the grinding you are going to have to do in this game with leveling and gearing is WAY more then a few hours. Have to remember they are slowly taking out all the ways to grind for gold, so if they really want us to spend DAYS not hours to grind for the gold needed to gear then the least they can do is get the xp correct so we dont have to grind levels nor use xp scrolls and they should be a convenience to gain levels faster not be needed to level.

It boils down to one of those two cases:

A) Player is determined enough to go through with it and they reach endgame successfully.

or

B) They are not and they quit.

It boils down to....
Pay to play a free server
Pay a monthly fee to play the Pay server
Quit and delete the game and don't look back

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 3:11pm

"Quit and delete the game and don't look back"

I'm looking back because I do miss some of the things in Allods, but not enough to continue playing. With the release of 5.0, the game jumped (was pushed?) down a rabbit hole I didn't want to go down myself, and it looks like they are trying reasonably hard to push it even further down that hole. So I'll stay up here and watch, and leave you these thoughts:

The rabbit hole it went down in 5.0.0 was that gearing in end-game went from being merely tediously slow (but not difficult once you got started doing the free-merc astral flights available in the academy), to being painfully difficult, monstrously expensive, and tediously slow. The price of working the upgrade machine was multiplied by about six, and for I don't know what reason, the AH price of amalgam multiplied by something like 10-15. Previously, I had been able to fund my upgrades (including AH-buying amalgam, usually at 60-110 gold a piece) just by merching the junk I got from the free-merc flights, but no longer.

Grinding is tedious, but as long as it isn't too difficult, it becomes merely a handle-turning exercise, and can be done without much concentration.

Difficult content is OK as long as any one piece of it is done once and for good before moving on to the next part. Even a progression of difficult content is OK so long as it is a progression.

Difficult grind is soul-destroying.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 3:40pm

Yea leveling is a great noob filter and a game without noobs is a dead game.
Its not like Allods is the Meca of hardcore players,and we are running out of servers to merge...

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 3:46pm

Yea leveling is a great noob filter and a game without noobs is a dead game.
Its not like Allods is the Meca of hardcore players,and we are running out of servers to merge...

in russia there are enough players with the "right" attitude
dont forget this game has many serverinstances in russia...

also, as stated above, making leveling easier will lead to make the losers quit 2 weeks later instead of instant, not much change

game has been made easier so many times but still there is QQ

Rate this thread