You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 24th 2014, 1:28am

Not the biggest issue in-game but my opinion

When Allods was owned by gPotato, they had made an effort to make gear we wear look different. Now everything looks the same, when I was levelling from level 30-59 all the quest armor rewards had the same design, blacksmithing armor aswell and everyone even looks the same at end game armor regardless of whether its plate armor or cloth. I understand we have vanity but I think its still good if classes can look different without them, it just seems so boring to me otherwise lol. I hope they plan on fixing this one day.

Monday, November 24th 2014, 4:29am

All they had to do is recycle skins...i remenber a 2H mace that we got from Aidenus after finishing one of the TT2 WM that looked epic.

Monday, November 24th 2014, 12:02pm

When Allods was owned by gPotato, they had made an effort to make gear we wear look different.

Allods was never owned by gPotato. It was always owned by mail.ru (which my.com is the subsidiary of). Allods was LICENSED to be hosted by gPotato.
gPotato always had very hard time persuading mail.ru to do significant changes for their version. The only things they accomplished was:

• daily incense/potions/mount feed quest (very good, it is fundamental for true-free-to-play to thrive)
  • holding off patronage 5 for a very long time (not really good IMO, because content was balanced around having it)
  • having battle mounts demilitarized (this IMO was gPotato's GREATEST SUCCESS EVER regarding Allods, they effectively stopped most toxic aspect from infecting our version for a very significant time)

They never actually had their people modify any of the code or anything like that, they were just requesting for original developers to make their proposed changes.

Monday, November 24th 2014, 1:21pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

• holding off patronage 5 for a very long time (not really good IMO, because content was balanced around having it)
  • having battle mounts demilitarized (this IMO was gPotato's GREATEST SUCCESS EVER regarding Allods, they effectively stopped most toxic aspect from infecting our version for a very significant time)

Have to remember that not everyone was from EU so Pat 5 wasnt held off for a long time for NA and NA also had all the abilities of the battle mounts.

Thursday, November 27th 2014, 9:44am

If you ask me this is a huge issue, removing the armor ad weapons was the absolute worst thing they have ever made to this game...

The worst part of it was that there is no reason to why they removed the stuff, how much money have they spent on paying people for sitting there and making all the models and textures for all the weapons and armors.

assets is one of the most expensive things in making a game. still this game ha a huge load of weapons n armor.

To spend money on something this importaint and then just remove it without any reassons at all is nothing than just retarded.

This game would be a 100 times better if the weapons and armors still looked like they used to be in my opinion.