You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 1:08pm

Engineer: first thoughts

So, for all you who made engineers: what are your first thoughts on the class? Mine is level 6 currently; haven't had time to play it much, but it seems fun so far. Looks like a nice class for pve, but it seems like it will be really bad in pvp. Can't move with the cannon + leather gear.

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 3:23pm

Level 24 and the DPS around this level sucks without proper gear >.>
Drakeos - Empire Engineer

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 6:21pm

Ghost

Trainee

It's definitely not a class for you if you are expecting: 1) Amazing DPS, 2) Amazing PVP, 3) Easy leveling. It's none of those.

Levels 1 to 25 were a real challenge for me. Most of it is due to figuring out new stats and dealing with a reinc debuff (-33% Vigor is a thousand times more painful than -33% damage/healing output). I died a lot in the beginning until I figured out where to place my turrets so that I wouldn't aggro extra stuff. The turret can't be recalled, unsummoned, or controlled in any way, until much later on when you get a ruby that allows you to set a specific target (30sec cd). The turret does not have extra aggro on its shots so it doesn't tank very well, even if you wait for it to attack first. AoEing on this class without a level or gear advantage is a guaranteed death. This class has no CC while leveling and is very squishy even with an offhand; if you accidentally aggro, you are dead.

Now the GOOD things about the Engineer are:
It's an actual support class. It's like what they tried to do with Bard, but failed. This class is for people that love to party and raid and work in groups. Most of your talents, rubies, and world mystery skills are based around supporting your team members' survival and DPS. I have not really PVP'd yet (P2P leveling is a bit empty), but from the looks of the available skills, I would say that the Engies are the flag defense or supportive DPS from the back lines.

For me? 8/10. More turret control would really help the leveling aspect. This is exactly the class I've been looking for.

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 4:30am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

Loving the fun of the class, and wish I was higher than level 11 already. If anyone reaches endgame testing let me know how this fairs.

Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 4:34pm

As Ghost said, the problem with turret aggro gets annoying by the time and it takes some time to work with it. By this it reminds me of bard class and all the aoe spells that kill you while lvling (and losing exps if reinc, oh so much rage).
I find it very enjoyable (expecially the animations) still tho and I can't wait to reach endgame to test more builds and use this class properly in parties and raids.

Monday, March 24th 2014, 11:38pm

Level 36 Bard here.

It's been a pain to level and I don't see that many great things in their Talents/Rubies.
The turrets aggroing random things is hilarious but aggravating.
It's dps isn't impressive and the frag grenade is terrible. Most people like it but I found the radius irritatingly small.
They go squish pretty easily but with Hover Pad and combat mode you can really avoid damage. I've been using Mage barriers and almost never take damage now.

The pvp with them is rather boring. I find myself just chasing people around and spamming 2-3 buttons. Then again I was in the 20s with no good skills.
I can see this class being alright in pvp but much like the psi you gotta be tricky with it. You can't just run into places expecting to kill things.
Steel trap is an interesting move and I'd like it more if it was faster acting.
If it wasn't for the visuals of the moves I don't think I'd continue to level it.

I'd suggest the class to anyone who found psi too weak and bard too boring.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anitaku" (Mar 25th 2014, 12:09am)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 1:51am

32 and loving it :)
Drakeos - Empire Engineer

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 4:00am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

11, and strongly considering 12.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 6:14am

In responce to the turret phantom,
there is a ruby in 3rd grid that u can take, so u can decide where the turret shoots to.

Former Alias: Stoeipoesje, ISA server.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 10:44am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

In responce to the turret phantom,
there is a ruby in 3rd grid that u can take, so u can decide where the turret shoots to.
If you dig in this thread or the PvP Direction one above it at the sub-cat there are player's talking about how that ruby only make's the turret focus the directed target for the first shot or death, and then it just does what it want's again.
TangyTurret

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 5:33pm

Ghost

Trainee

Everything but the mosquitoes and steel trap just go after whatever the hell they want =p it is pretty hilarious. A friend of mine was testing the vespiary and it would walk to any target at its max range (including neutral npcs). It can get quite far before it dies. Way too risky to use in raids and parties.

Target Marker does work in a pinch! However, there are still some problems with the light turret overall. It fires so slowly that its battery charges will often outlive the target. With the cooldown on marker it'll just target whatever the hell it pleases. It will also (sometimes) not switch targets if it's in the middle of shooting, so if you don't get the mark off before it spawns, it may pull extra things.

I'd be good with having an instant self-destruction or recall button that lowers the global cooldown on attacking devices. Like Combat mode.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ghost" (Mar 25th 2014, 5:43pm)

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 5:54pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

I'd be good with having an instant self-destruction or recall button that lowers the global cooldown on attacking devices. Like Combat mode.
And what's it gonna take to make you great? More importantly.. How do you feel about a Thursday night, "Engineers" pop Karaoke party?

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 6:48pm

I totally agree. That kind of option should totally be available.