You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, November 28th 2014, 9:48pm

Marco

Intermediate

• "Marco" started this thread

How much you still love your Allods ?

For the non english people there will be this post in there own forum language soon i think,

I therefore tanks the international community. :thumbsup:

Dear Comrads on all servers ( pay and free and private Server), dear EU/NA :)

My Comrads,

my comrads in this Thread I want you to write down how much you love your Allods Online ;) :love:

1. How much you love it ? Describe your love. :D

2. Do you play with the tough to leave Allods ? Why ? ;(

3. Would you, comrads, stay in Allods if you would have the chance by yourself to increase the whole playerbase on Allods Online EU/NA ? :thumbsup:

4. Forming this hope would you leave or not ? :?:

I will give you one week to write your comments here, :whistling:

to increase your interest on my next post... So tell others to be active in Forum consequently or this will be senseless ^^

This will be our first step to help Allods ;)

But I need your Views here first of all. :rolleyes:

Every one can do his bit.... ;)

Greetings

Taleron

https://allodsonlinepaytoplayselfpromoti….wordpress.com/

tag on site by using my log in infos

Taleron1

Warlord1

have fun watching my site ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Marco" (Nov 29th 2014, 12:24am)

Monday, December 1st 2014, 3:39pm

1. Yes i do love this game.Love it enough to play it since close beta,leaving several times to play other games.Some of them premium subscription games that never gave me the joy this game does.

2. That thought is always present,and now more then ever.Mainly due to poor management of the game.

3. Gamewise nothing would make me happier to see this game get the hype it deserves.

4. Who knows...

Monday, December 1st 2014, 7:00pm

i love this game because

- it has a lootpet
- it has the option to reincarnate & you can instafinish longterm / complicated quests instantl for them (no need to do a raid 10 times)
- you are not dependent on other players (mercenaries & wild shore easy mobs)
- wild shore has beed added
- there is an auctionhouse
- there is a NPC which exchanges gold for BC which makes it a real free to play game
- of its unique, great mechanics
- everyone get a chance to do what he likes most, it seems allods pleases nearly every kind of mmo-player, now with payserver those who dont like free to play are also happy
- it requires some amount of "brain" to reach level 60 which is a great "noobfilter"
- asee teph is (and especially was) one of the best noobfilters imagineable, all those who quit easy after getting killed 1 time do not get past this area
- with a proper bloodlust-amout every class can be at full health all the time while leveling / doing wild shore / farming
- the graphics are pretty
- the game is made "with love" (e.g. many details, jokes, eastereggs etc...)

there are many other things but thats just a few

the things i would like to have improved are in my signature

Monday, December 1st 2014, 7:14pm

Oracle

Intermediate

1. How much you love it ? Describe your love. :D

Allods has been very important for me. It has helped distract me through a lot of hard times, and it introduced me to the man I am going to marry :love:. (Thanks Mentor system! ^^). I love the style of the game. The Russian culture, architecture and influences to the story. I love the storylines themselves, and the humour that is often in the quest text. I love travelling in astral, going through allods and raiding. And I enjoy the challenge of dynamic pvp with others, in a variety of settings. I love my class, my pretty little elf, cause it suits my play style wonderfully, and lastly, I love the community. I have met so many wonderful people here, and made a lot of friends :)

2. Do you play with the thought to leave Allods ? Why ? ;(

I have played on and off since closed beta. At first because my boyfriend at the time hated it, and we went trawling through other betas to find a game we both enjoyed, but none of them compared to allods for me, so I came back :D I stopped later on for exams in school, but when things were going horrendously with my health during university, I was lured back into the comforting arms of Allods Online, and that's when I met my fiancé. I quit earlier this year due to depression and frustration at the seeming lack of care from the developers, particularly in relation to the translation, but ofc, I am back again :rolleyes: I think that even if I were to leave in the future, that I would come back sooner or later.

3. Would you, comrads, stay in Allods if you would have the chance by yourself to increase the whole playerbase on Allods Online EU/NA ? :thumbsup:

Yes. It would be nice to see Allods get some more attention. Though My.com also has to do some of the legwork and start advertising too.

4. Forming this hope would you leave or not ? :?:

I think I would not leave, though I cannot predict if circumstances in real life could change that.

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 8:21am

"Though My.com also has to do some of the legwork and start advertising too. "

This is key. If the publisher doesn't care enough to promote it, that suggests strongly that they "obviously" don't really want new players, or at least that they aren't really fussed one way or another if they get new players. That attitude, even if it isn't real, is off-putting, and also the lack of publisher-sourced publicity will tend to make it hard for people to find.

Don't forget also that Allods labours under the shadow of its reputation as the game that cost you real money if your character died, even though that hasn't been true for years.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 8:53am

Marco

Intermediate

A little Info

For all people dont know who the User Allods Oracle is ... She is the main leader of the famoust Fansite of Allods in english language...

She is well nown .. the is loved by many players... she can move things ;).

She works hard for you players..did it years before without a doubt about her great heart for Allods and her iron will and way of a Allods Online player...

She is a Veteran of Allods and the perfect example how to fight for Allods as a player ;)

She will join pay to play NVM ...she did and will continue fighting for whole EU/NA Allods .. as well as I do ;)

As well you should you should do everyone of you....

I hope I have well illustrated that now ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 11:38am

My Opinion:

EU server won't close. EU server will be merged with RU server.

Game is great in several aspects: Story line, interface, design, etc.
But since the begining it lacks vision. Specially on the F2P version:
- They took too long to solve the "Gipat patch". Game got a bad fame, very difficult to get rid of. Population decreased a lot.
- Unbalanced. Game is heavily unbalanced. You can easily finish single player PvE content without the need of high runes. You can't compete in PvP, raids, astral without increadibly amounts of farming time or investing high amounts of money in game. When i say high, i mean thousands of euros. Or years (yes, plural) farming.
- To many timezoned events. Like MI, Dominion, etc.

Avo

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zurion" (Dec 4th 2014, 12:33pm) with the following reason: Removed insults directed to the company

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 12:41pm

Please stay on topic. Althought you have some valid points, the thread is about how much and what you love at Allods. In that regard, I'll answer the questions as well :)

1) Allods was the first MMORPG I played, so I fell in love with it. Since January 2012, I've stuck to league side and with the paladin :) Although I tried leaving the game a couple of times, I always retruned for one reason or another.
2) I don't think I'll leave Allods again. It's already part of the current me, it'd feel weird not to be part of the community.
3) If it were that easy to increase the playerbase of the game, I would've done it already. But if there is a way to do it and I'd have the means for that, I'd do it.
4) Like I said, I'll probably not leave, at least in the foreseeable future.

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 1:18pm

Marco

Intermediate

Hello everyone so many comments already :love:

To prevent an arguement ... The second Question includes a Why ? too... to let us know ideas for improvements ;)

I love Allods soo much too ;)

Allods has glass clear grafic, awesome fighting system... smart raids and dungeons ( Astral isles) and the chars look well balanced not too little not to big hehe and good Guild battles ;)

Greetings to everyone and thx for your comments... ;)

Taleron

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:11pm

OK, I'll explain why, even though I don't think it is worth playing at the moment (for me, that is), I think it is worth hanging around here waiting to see if they resolve those issues in a way that makes it worth playing.

Warning: LONG. It starts with why I liked (past tense) Allods, and ends with why I don't like (present tense) it enough anymore to continue playing. It should be interpreted as a form of constructive criticism - why the changes to the game demotivated a player who likes the basic game itself, the stories, the lore, and a great deal of the gameplay.

I started just after the Game of Gods update, so 3.X, with separate gathering and crafting professions, and no Weaponsmithing. The game had been mentioned on a video-game news slot on a French TV station, so I thought I'd take a look. I started as an elf mage, and played for a while on the League side. It didn't quite click, although I thought some of the quest scenarios were hilarious. (Example, the woman in the tavern who is looking for a new husband, and the reactions of some of the candidates she has you talk to.)

I got that character up to level 12 or so, then created a Xada summoner who became my main. I thought the aesthetics of the Empire side were just amazing, with the whole thing inspiring thoughts of the old Soviet Union. I'm well aware that there's a sizable chunk of the player base who weren't even born yet when the Soviet Union broke up, but I'm old enough to just about remember when East Pakistan became Bangladesh, and the Soviet flavour of Nezebgrad just tickled my fancy.

So eventually I picked up the pace, and passed level 35. I started the ship-building, and eventually finished my ship early in level 36 ("picked up the pace" is a bit relative - the key is that another game that I had been playing did some stupid customer-service stuff, and that was it for them, but I was still doing other things). At that point, I picked up a sane-looking guild, and picked up the pace properly, and cranked my way through the Dragon Ring, Yazes, Gipat, Kirah, and so on to eventually reach level 55. Along the way I did lots of the usual stuff, but left out a fair amount of stuff (e.g. the third part of KIrah, the whole draconic quest line, and so on). I picked up a second and then a third profession, ending up with Tailoring, Weaponsmithing, and Alchemy all maxed out.

And I used the free-merc flights to build up a collection of Black Moon and Midday Sun gear all the way to just barely legendary, with blue non-upgradable glyphs.

And I had fun doing it all, even the free-merc flights. Even when the group I got put in was full of speed-running maniacs in inadequate gear.

Then 5.0 came out, and I could level up again. That was fun, and when I was all the way up to level 60, I went back to fill in the missing stuff that I had skipped past on the way up. And that was fun, too.

>>> OK, so all that explains why I bother even coming back here to the forums, with "it was fun" being key to the whole thing. The next part explains why I don't play anymore.

Well, it was time to start gearing up. At this point, my guildies had all been AWOL for weeks and weeks. I went to Wellebel (?spelling?) and tried fighting the foes there. No dice. I had a mix of 57 and 58 epics that I had crafted myself (Tailor and Weaponsmith, remember), along with a few bits of my old Black Moon / Midday Sun that I couldn't craft replacements for. I got stomped by the basic 5.0.0 / 5.0.1 Wellebel foes. That wasn't so much fun.

And I tried going to the Astral on the merc-captain flights. Only I was on that ship, and that made it difficult to get where I wanted to be, but I made it. And the mercs to round out the group ate all of my gold and left me with a sub-sized group, because I had only 1300 or so, and they wanted 296 each! That wasn't fun.

OK, let's give it a try. I stomped around, and got munched on the second boss. I ran out of RL time. Looting the first boss had given me an upgrader.

Wow, 1500 gold per piece in the AH for some raw amalgam, yielding 3 pieces of refined. It had been 60-100 per piece of refined in 4.X. That wasn't fun.

Nor was it fun using the upgrader machine, at 480 gold per upgrader. That had been 50-80 or so in 4.X.

OK, is it worth grinding gold? That sounds like hard work. I tried going to the KoE, and got stomped by monsters. PvP doesn't appeal to me at all, so even though it would earn me gold and / or amalgam, that wouldn't have been fun either.

How about making amalgam? PvP doesn't appeal, and doing the Alchemy quest was just amazingly hard work, much harder than it had been in 4.X.

So that wasn't fun either.

Do you notice a trend here? A certain amount of repetition of "that wasn't fun"?

Well, that's the key. It went from "And that was fun" to "And that wasn't fun". And because it isn"t fun anymore, I just hang around here. If those issues get resolved in a "OK, that should be fun" kind of way, I'll try to pick it up again. But if not, not.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:49pm

well i also played since betatimes and the game evolved from PvE oriented to a PvP Oriented game so yeah steveread999 ofc its not appealing for you anymore^^ when you do battlegrounds you have gold and amal ^^ and for me its also a fun activity :P

Friday, December 5th 2014, 1:52am

its interesting to read that
before the free mercs came, can you imagine how gearing was?

i honestly think it would be even less fun to you than the game seems to you now

the costs / upgrade were incrdibly high (if you regard the average income of gold these days), you needed MULTIPLE amalgam and beside AOD and alchemy Q there were no useful ways of getting it
so basically going to astral put you into the need of paying mercs or find a good group
then, on the island, the bosses dropped a blue useful item if you were VERY lucky (and improving greens to blues was not rally worth)
in normal case they only dropped green "crap", since cradle reputation gear was superior

also it was so difficult that even with a good group some isles were not finishable
for example spiderforest was a nightmare that time

(in the best times of "mercenary-astral" however this allod was the fastest, it could be beaten in 6 minutes (if you were alone with mercs or had competent players instead of slugs)
same with most of the other allods
the only one that was still timeconsuming was white 17 with the "waves" but no "next wave" button...
but as summy with pet on agressive you could just afk at this island and let the mercs to the job)

so in the end i came to the conclusion its more fun to take this part as the "end" of the game and start again, with a reincarnation
the only problem was, it was EXTREMELY hard to pass the tka-rik trails, especially for a new player without good items / gear, plus i played the worst class at this time

however after some long time i beat tkarik and started a reincarnation
leveling was so much fun and gearing was not at all

so i started to level again...
(at this point i had little interest in pvp at all, only leveling pvp was fun to me)

i started "serious" gearing at the time the free mercenary runs came, until orange gear
why not further? because gear above orange was simply not worth getting (although i got some teal items)
sometimes you dont have to reach the maximum of everything, its better to be happy with 90% instead of 100

so now, with all the gold thrown after you in comparison to the time before astral-academy, i feel like in paradise
also beeing no longer dependent on mercenary runs / groups to gear up is simply great :)

but i would also think it would be nice to have free-mercenary-astral with free TP again :)

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 3:25am

Die Antwoord

Intermediate

I love allods Though there are things that could be fixed or changed in allods to make it better, As well wish and try our hardest to get the Mods and Dev's to see and hear us we keep enjoy allods even when others leave. :)

Also with all MMO's The fun you have in the game makes it worth wild.
Smugglers Paradise

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 2:18am

reeah19

Intermediate

i'd leave Allods if they remove gold->crystal change and if they remove amalgam quest, rest idc is doable. I consider the game amazing, love flying the ship and graphics, that's what made me stay,

rememeber in 3.0+ when you had to use 7-8 amal for 3-4%? no? then stop complaining. :) , not to mention at that time even with a full party most of allods we're most like undoable by newbs. I started to gear after they added mercs, because then same as now finding a tank was an impossible dream most of time.

they could tho fix bugs faster, translate a lil better.
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Saturday, March 21st 2015, 2:17pm

Taoparagon

Beginner

Theres plenty enough stuff that i dont like about this game. Many reasons why I've taken long breaks and even quit the game..
but see, allods is like cigarettes. Addictive, pleasant, unhealthy for you, frustrating.... and can drive you insane if you stay away for too long.
this game is a hate/love to me.
i quit for a year, try other games, live my life but then i always remember allods and come back to it.
because there just isnt anything quite like allods!
If youre an oldschooler allods, you'll know what i mean when i say that every other game just feels mediocre or bland.
all the friends ive made, the guilds ive been in...
allods is home.

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 2:51pm

Marco

Intermediate

Theres plenty enough stuff that i dont like about this game. Many reasons why I've taken long breaks and even quit the game..
but see, allods is like cigarettes. Addictive, pleasant, unhealthy for you, frustrating.... and can drive you insane if you stay away for too long.
this game is a hate/love to me.
i quit for a year, try other games, live my life but then i always remember allods and come back to it.
because there just isnt anything quite like allods!
If youre an oldschooler allods, you'll know what i mean when i say that every other game just feels mediocre or bland.
all the friends ive made, the guilds ive been in...
allods is home.

I understand you. Its the same with old School WoW Players ;)

GG

Taleron

Rate this thread