You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 8:57pm

NEW:Shatter skulls and cut throats PVE Physical DPS Paladin Build/Guide

Introduction:
Hi fellow Paladins,Aye my main is a bard but my main before my bard was a Paladin which is currently level 60 as well.In this new Guide I'll preview an Update for the old Physical DPS Paladin PVE build only I've put in my old guide before along with a holy tank build and that's the link of the old guide in case you're interested to check it out:

http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…1125&highlight=

As for the New PVE Physical DPS Paladin build there it is:

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!7!331.2.3…EZFC!msuwypc/YE

I HAVEN'T TRIED this build yet in action but I believe it should do pretty good DPS specially in single target because,it's pretty close to my older build which used to do great DPS even with low level runes and gear.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

-You can pick R2 Overcome instead of R2 Charge and that depends on what you prefer more and on your runes and gear level as well so for low geared people,I'd recommend Overcome so you would have higher chance of survival.

-If you don't like Reparation ruby then you can get the 2 rubies called "searing justice" in Crusader Blow grid or the Interdiction CD reduction rubies in Retribution grid and I won't recommend getting determination rubies on any DPS PVE class unless in solo farming and leveling and boss soloing etc because,in Parties you try not to get much damage and if you get aggro,your damage needs to go down or the Tank's damage or healing or aggro needs to go higher in order to catch up due to the fact that damage and healing generate aggro so IMO Determination isn't for PVE DPS in parties or raids but if you still wanna take them,it's really up to you.

-I know I wasted some rubies to reach others like shield slam to reach Righteous Rage rubies but that's due to the scarcity of my rubies but if you have far more rubies so you can surely pick a better path of rubies up to righteous rage like taking 2 justice rubies to reach it instead of Shield slam and same thing can be said about some other rubies like Reparation and Energy Surge.

-I believe that this build should do great single target DPS as well as having a great surge of energy and it shouldn't be much of a glass cannon as well yet it might do a bit less AOE DPS.

The next Paragraphs were originally posted in my old PVE Paladin Guide:

-STATS:
________
I'll have to explain the new stats first since much people aren't familiar with most of the new stats..Anyway let's begin:

-VIGOR: that stat is much like str in old patch.It increases your damage and healing by xxx.

-STAMINA:that's exactly like stamina in old patch which is just plain hp.

-LUCK:this stat increases critical chance for heal and damage spells by % and additionally in this patch it increases effeciencey of damage absorbing abilities by % so I guess that means skills like acoustic barrier will be able to absorb more damage if you have more luck now but luck is kinda limited this patch.

-PROFICIENCY:this stat is much like finesse in old patch.It increases your damage and healing by % depending on how many stat points u invest in this stat.

-VITALITY:Increases your max hp by % depending on howmany stat points you invest in this stat.

-DETERMINATION: aka tank stat (or at least what I called it :3) ok this stat is simple as this:the 3rd bar under your hp and mana/energy is determination bar and it max at 100% so the more you get attacked the more this bar gets filled and the more this bar gets filled the more % damage and healing you deal per % filled in this bar.The reason why i call it tank stat is that simply tanks should be those who get attacked most assuming they have good hold of aggro and more damage and healing=more aggro.

-BRUTALITY:The less % of hp the enemy has the more % of damage and healing you deal.It's simple as that and the rate of increasing in the % of damage and healing in this stat depends on howmany points you invest in this stat.Simple as that.

-BLOOD LUST: is any of you guys familiar with something called lifesteal? this stat is like lifesteal.In other words this stat means you heal by % (depending on how many stat points you invest in this stat) from your damage and healing done and I consider this stat also a tank stat or pvp stat since you shouldn't get attacked much in pve if you are a dps class or a healer since the tank should b holding aggro.

-WILL POWER:This stat increases your immunity to cc..Thanks to Goozy he explained it better to me..It makes you get the immune to cc effect faster..so it means if you have 10 willpower for example you will get 10% more immunity to CC effects per second so it'll take you 10 seconds to become fully immune to CC for some seconds..I'm not so sure of this stat but that's what I understood till now about it.(not really sure about this stat still TBH)
I didn't understand the following 2 stats fully but I'll explain what I understood about these 2 stats till now:

-ANGER:your spells will put wound complexity on enemies faster the more stat points you have in this stat..Additionally,the enemies that attack the target you're healing with in 10 seconds will receive damage equal to %(depends on howmany stat points you invest in Anger stat) from the healing done.I think this stat is best suited for full healer classes.

-TENACITY:I guess this stat means it increases your immunity to wound complexity or makes the wound complexity you receive from enemies less depending on howmany points you invest in this stat.
CONCLUSION:
-For PVE physical DPS paladin:I see the 2 best stats for pve dps are proficiency and brutality as well as Vigor and some tenacity which is like a main stat so I'd focus these stats most and I guess you can get some little vitality and blood lust for some survival.

-For PVE holy tank paladin:I see determination is the best stat for tanks in general as well as vitality for more hp and blood lust for stronger sustain and some tenacity (the rubies might be enough) for less accumulation of wound complexity..Also don't forget to have some proficiency and brutality for some damage since you need considerable damage to keep aggro specially in group fights.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TYPES OF WEAPONS: (For Paladin)
you have 4 types of physical DPS weapons that paladin can use:

Sword:Least maximum damage and higher minimum damage than spear but less damage than mace or axe.Hits faster than mace and axe and consumes less energy than they do as well.

Spear:Least minimum damage and and higher maximum damage than sword but less damage than mace or axe.Hits faster than mace and axe and consumes less energy than they do.Spear would be better than sword if you land much critical hits and paladins critical hit rate isn't that great as they don't have luck rubies and all they have is 3 critical physical damage rubies for some physical DPS skills.

Mace:Highest minimum damage and lower maximum damage than axe,deals higher damage than sword and spear but consumes far more energy and hits slower than them.

Axe:Highest maximum damage and lower minimum damage than mace,deals higher damage than sword and spear but consumes far more energy and hits slower than them so it's better when you have higher critical hit rate.

Example: so if a sword deals 2-4 damage then spear deals 1-5 damage and mace deals 8-12 damage and axe deals 7-13 damage.

Thanks to SailorYue who explained the difference between axe and mace or sword and spear to me when I was confused about them back then.

All in all,I prefer 2h Mace for physical DPS paladin as the paladins have only 3 critical damage rubies and they're for some physical DPS skills and 3 other critical rubies for some holy (magical) damage skills so the main 2h weapon won't get affected by those rubies so they won't rely much on critical hits while holy tanks should go for ANY 1h weapon and shield,they simply don't care about the 1h weapon's damage as their focus is on the wand which provides then with magic damage.There are many types of magic damage like:holy,shadow,astral,fire,ice,lightning,acid.Paladin's magic damage is mostly holy damage and other than that they have physical damage.Almost all of their ranged skills,heals,some shields benefit from magic (holy) damage taken from the wand while most of their melee skills benefit from physical damage taken from the main weapon.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good Reincarnations for paladin in my opinion:

2-WARRIOR: specially for physical DPS paladins since warrior reincarnation offers them another charge or an energy buff so you can have either double charge or double energy buff ^.-

3-MAGE: for the physical damage and elemental barriers skills they offer for stronger defense.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finally,I hope this would help you guys out there and any feed back or suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks for reading my Guide!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Dec 2nd 2014, 9:12pm) with the following reason: Adding an image for the build.

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 9:30pm

Ginpachi

Beginner

Hello great guide but i have some questions.

1-Why you pick anathema? (ı thought this is phsyical build)
2-Why no partical of light or touch of light ? (with holy defense ruby this skill is so good and usefull in pve/pvp)

I think this build is better imo http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!7!331.2.3…BD!msuwypc/SPQB

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ginpachi" (Dec 2nd 2014, 9:41pm)

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 11:24pm

Hello great guide but i have some questions.

1-Why you pick anathema? (ı thought this is phsyical build)
2-Why no partical of light or touch of light ? (with holy defense ruby this skill is so good and usefull in pve/pvp)

I think this build is better imo http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!7!331.2.3…BD!msuwypc/SPQB
First of all,thanks and I'm glad you liked the guide.

I picked Anathema for more AOE DPS and because,you'd want your condemnation stacked on all targets at once in AOE battles for more DPS outcome.Also Chastising strike isn't sufficient for AOE DPS IMO specially it uses up much cannons of light so Interdiction is another AOE option when you're short on cannons or not in melee range or if you wanna stack condemnation on all the mobs around you.

Particle of light and touch of light and holy defense,they're all good yes but for defensive purposes and this build is "Physical PVE DPS" and high light DPS so I'll always prioritize DPS yet I already picked third barrier as well as a stamina potion and some R2 barrier skills so with these stuff you should be fine in terms of survival in PVE.
On the other hand,if you get the rubies you're talking about,you'll have to neglect either some DPS rubies or Righteous cause talent's rubies (Energy) and in both cases it will be a hard hit to your DPS since PVE Physical DPS need most physical damage rubies as well as energy rubies including those rubies that affect Righteous cause skill which increases energy regeneration.So it's up to you if you want to get those defensive rubies you mentioned but before you try anything,you should bear in mind that this will affect your DPS and it will affect it hard if you have high gears and runes.That's the way I see it.

I can say that the rubies you can sacrifice for some more defensive or offensive rubies would be those 2 rubies to get Reparation skill but you'll have to sacrifice this helpful skill so yea the problem is we always have limited resources (rubies) and we try to use them the best use by choosing what serves our role best of many alternatives and here the role of the build is PVE physical DPS Paladin.I hope my point got through.

I believe the build I put up there should survive well in PVE (ofc depending on your gear and runes and the level of the astral as well) if you know how to manage barriers and barrier skills well and since my Paladin is Xadaganian Avenger so she has an extra barrier skill (racial skill) and also don't forget Solemn prayer which is a nice off heal.

This build isn't PVP at all,its PVE but yea it can be a bit viable in PVP as it has great single target DPS potential but still it's not meant to be a PVP build in anyway and a PVP build would be a completely different scenario.

Thanks for feedback and criticism,please,Feel free to give more suggestions and criticism if you have more to offer.

Thursday, January 1st 2015, 7:41pm

Paladin Templar lvl 31

Hi !

Anyone who know how to build a talent tree for a paladin templar lvl 31 or know a guide ?

I have'nt played alldos for months and now my talen tree is reseted and i don't remeber how i had it before.. :/

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 10:35am

Hi !

Anyone who know how to build a talent tree for a paladin templar lvl 31 or know a guide ?

I have'nt played alldos for months and now my talen tree is reseted and i don't remeber how i had it before.. :/
If you want a PVE Physical DPS Paladin build for level 31,I think this should be fine though I think leveling with holy paladin would be a bit easier later on specially when mobs start to hit and crit hard starting from level 45 or 50.

This is the build that should be suitable for your level if you want physical dps spec:

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!7!332.1.3…YWOUB!a/A!uo/YE

Monday, January 12th 2015, 4:53pm

Very nice build. It looks very strong and gives a lot of survivability but I have my questions too. Basicly I can't decide, should I pick rank 2 overcome or Strike of justice? r2 overcomes reduced dmg from the first holy barrier by 50% (thats a nice amount and helps for fast dmg calculating) and from the other hand r2 Strike of justice range is increases by 5 yards and cd to 25sec (21 with rubies). Its very dificult to decide (at least for me). Which one would you recomend me the most?
Thank you once again for this excelent guid.

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 2:38pm

Very nice build. It looks very strong and gives a lot of survivability but I have my questions too. Basicly I can't decide, should I pick rank 2 overcome or Strike of justice? r2 overcomes reduced dmg from the first holy barrier by 50% (thats a nice amount and helps for fast dmg calculating) and from the other hand r2 Strike of justice range is increases by 5 yards and cd to 25sec (21 with rubies). Its very dificult to decide (at least for me). Which one would you recomend me the most?
Thank you once again for this excelent guid.
First of all,thanks for the compliment and I'm glad you liked the build.

As for choosing either r2 overcome or r2 strike of justice,I'd personally prefer r2 overcome if you're lower geared with lower runes since you won't be overpowered enough to bear the damage in a bit higher astrals sometimes with lower runes and gear but if you have higher runes and gear etc then I guess it will be safe to go with r2 strike of justice instead.

That's my opinion though so it's after all up to you,my paladin has lower gears and runes so I for one go for r2 overcome on her build.Also,choosing either r2 overcome or r2 strike of justice would also depend on your racial.

For example,my paladin is an Xadaganian Avenger so her racial is a barrier management skill which reduces damage in all barriers as far as I remember unless they changed racials again recently so r2 strike of justice on her might prove more useful for some people since the racial is already a barrier management skill but I still prefer getting her the r2 overcome not r2 strike of justice so my point is it's up to your personal preference but my advice is going for r2 overcome if you're lower geared with lower runes etc so you would be able to resist damage a bit more.However,if you're confident about your gears and runes then feel free to choose r2 of any of the 2 skills.

I hope the information I provided helps you in making your decision.
Feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for feed back and good luck! :)

Edit:Also instead of r2 overcome or r2 strike of justice,you can pick r1 particle of light and r1 touch of light,this skill becomes handy sometimes in saving parties or raids by giving the healer or the tank a shield if they go low on health and it can also protect you sometimes though without its rubies,it does have some good CD.I personally would prefer r2 overcome or r2 strike of justice though but I mean for people who like to offer more help to parties and raids,this might be a good alternative.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hilver" (Jan 14th 2015, 2:30am)