You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 10:42am

Brunette

Beginner

• "Brunette" started this thread

Would like to recieve some pvp tips

Hello!
I would like to ask how do you guys deal with pvp with the scout rework? Could you, please, give me some kind of tips, or something. I'm green as hell in pvp. I kind of avoided it my whole life, so now it's almost a lost case, I have no idea where to start even. *hides from embarrassment*
I prefer ranged pvp, is it possible at the moment?
And I'm sorry, I'm just an ordinary nab, and it's completely ok to ignore this. coughimayhountyoutho <3

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 11:54am

you start by getting familiar with other classes. you could play few reincarnations, or you could duel a lot in order to learn the mechanics of other classes. you won't do very well if you can't anticipate what your opponents are up to.

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 4:26pm

Brunette

Beginner

Oh my, thank you for answering!
And yes, that sounds logical, and i thought about it before but it is harder to realize than it looks

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 12:30am

before i started to get more interested in pvp and pvp builds i played pve content to level 60 with all classes
as Tele said, this gives total insight into every possible happening, since you know what to do in what situation

but as long as your gear / your items are low you will have no real chance in pvp, even if you are superior regarding knowledge, gear & items matter MUCH more than tactics and the greater the gap between you and your opponent, the more unlikely it is you stand a chance to kill him

otherwise, if you are superior with gear / items its not necessary to know all the tricks in order to succeed, but still its helps a lot

so typical pvp rubies for scout are those which shorten the duration of stun and other CCs, but if you are on low gear it does not matter at all whether the cc on you last 2 seconds more or less
if you are on low gear its better to go for max dps, try to stay a bit outside the battle and shoot from there
you can also support your team by learning "fervor" and giving double hp to the best geared player in your raid or a well geared healer-class
if you are lucky, the fighting "giants" inside the battle wont notice you and you can deal some decent amount of damage before they even notice you

so ranged is a good thing here since as melee you will most probably die in som aoe attack in a few seconds :P
go for the caltrops and the smoke cloud, they are the most annoying thing scouts have :thumbup:

and one important thing: if ppl start to flame you in BGs, just right klick their name and use "ignore" function
flamers are not even worth answering them in general 8o

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 12:57am

Brunette

Beginner

Oh my, im so happy people are actually answering, that means a lot to me!!! Thank you.
before i started to get more interested in pvp and pvp builds i played pve content to level 60 with all classes
as Tele said, this gives total insight into every possible happening, since you know what to do in what situation
Well, it takes A LOT of time to max level every class, doesn't it? I'm not sure I am up for that, tho it's a great idea. The other option would be to duel the different classes and learn eh?

so typical pvp rubies for scout are those which shorten the duration of stun and other CCs, but if you are on low gear it does not matter at all whether the cc on you last 2 seconds more or less
if you are on low gear its better to go for max dps, try to stay a bit outside the battle and shoot from there
you can also support your team by learning "fervor" and giving double hp to the best geared player in your raid or a well geared healer-class
if you are lucky, the fighting "giants" inside the battle wont notice you and you can deal some decent amount of damage before they even notice you so ranged is a good thing here since as melee you will most probably die in som aoe attack in a few seconds go for the caltrops and the smoke cloud, they are the most annoying thing scouts have
ohhh, THANK YOU. Yeah, im completely green, so any info helps!
and one important thing: if ppl start to flame you in BGs, just right klick their name and use "ignore" function
flamers are not even worth answering them in general
Flamers scare me a lot tbh, they are one great demotivation for me. Thank you for support!!

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 2:39am

Well, it takes A LOT of time to max level every class, doesn't it? I'm not sure I am up for that, tho it's a great idea. The other option would be to duel the different classes and learn eh?

its relative, if you know the game well and already have some helpful items + a fast mount leveling is significantly faster

when i leveled my 1st char it took me over 1 month to reach level 51 back then
i was also completely new at this time, but i decided from the beginning i will take take time to ENJOY the game and not only rush to max level for the sake of beeing max lavel :wacko:
it took a lot of time for me to reach my 1st reincarnation too, since doing the tka rik trails back then was a pain and i had the "worst" class at this time

however with the time the gold came, and with the gold the runes and other items came (i play completely free) so every reincarnation was a bit "faster" in leveling
now, it would only take some days for me to reach level 60, especially if there is some double exp event for example, also because of the fact you can instant finish some quests now with "marks of fate", so all the unloved, boring and time consuming "collect this" "collect that" quests can be finished instant without losing time

when i level chars that are not reincarnations of my main char (this means they do not have all the goodies) it takes longer, but still feels fast compared to when i was new ;)

of course just learning by fighting will most likely be the faster way of gtting the knowledge you are interested in
you can also try to ask the other players around about their tactics, especially those around the arena are often interestad in tactics-chat

as for basic understanding its maybe a good idea to look at the talent-calculator
http://eu.allodswiki.ru/calc/
and just read the descriptions of all the skills

this way you will also learn about many things related to the various classes :)

btw: did you know when reached max level you can get the title of the great which allows you to have 2 specs?
it costs mirra for ~ 35gold (?) everytime you change spec
many players who do not have permanent free respec tend to have PVE spec and when getting greatness they get PVP spec in slot 2 (but since we said it most likely will be the best to go for almost full dps as for now this might not be THIS interesting)

as for pvp tips:
i recommend you get some gearscore addon like

https://alloder.pro/files/file/107-inspectequiprating

and some unitdetector like

https://alloder.pro/files/file/118-newsniper

download -> put into
\Allods Online\data\Mods\Addons

this will allow you to determine the GS (gearscore) of any enemy
if you target yourself you see your own GS

this will give you an idea about the strenght of your enemys
pretty often there are other new ones too which are the perfect target for you then
you also see which ones are not even worth attacking then :P

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 4th 2014, 2:51am)

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 8:14am

Effreti

Trainee

if you have decent gear, focus down a target and kill it, usually focus the healers first
if you don't really have gear (like i do most of the times :D) , try to be as much of an annoyance as possible : stun people, throw caltrops, prevent them from taking points etc. Make sure you max precision arrow, so you have a stun, disarm and silence at your disposal
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 12:18pm

Brunette

Beginner

Even more tips, so nice!!

But having a max leveled doesn't really mean i can kill one in pvp, for example I do have a warden, but they rape every time. Every damn time. (When my gear and runes are better)
as for basic understanding its maybe a good idea to look at the talent-calculator
http://eu.allodswiki.ru/calc/
and just read the descriptions of all the skills

this way you will also learn about many things related to the various classes

btw: did you know when reached max level you can get the title of the great which allows you to have 2 specs?
it costs mirra for ~ 35gold (?) everytime you change spec
many players who do not have permanent free respec tend to have PVE spec and when getting greatness they get PVP spec in slot 2 (but since we said it most likely will be the best to go for almost full dps as for now this might not be THIS interesting)

as for pvp tips:
i recommend you get some gearscore addon like

https://alloder.pro/files/file/107-inspectequiprating

and some unitdetector like

https://alloder.pro/files/file/118-newsniper

download -> put into
\Allods Online\data\Mods\Addons

this will allow you to determine the GS (gearscore) of any enemy
if you target yourself you see your own GS

this will give you an idea about the strenght of your enemys
pretty often there are other new ones too which are the perfect target for you then
you also see which ones are not even worth attacking then
Thank you!!
if you don't really have gear (like i do most of the times ) , try to be as much of an annoyance as possible : stun people, throw caltrops, prevent them from taking points etc. Make sure you max precision arrow, so you have a stun, disarm and silence at your disposal
Oh, i see!! But who should i disarm usually? I can never decide D: And were should i drop caltrops? Just in the middle of action? D:

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 1:23pm

Effreti

Trainee

Oh, i see!! But who should i disarm usually? I can never decide D: And were should i drop caltrops? Just in the middle of action? D:
Warrior and scouts are good targets for disarm. Paladins not that much since they also have spells.
Try to get as many people in caltrops range as possible, if your team is fighting near a capture point, put caltrops near it to prevent capping (if you have the damage rubies on caltrops).
It's also useful to use caltrops on your location and then drop smoke cloud on top.
Effreti - 75 Scout Empire - 75 Paladin - 75 Druid - New frontier
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:33pm

Brunette

Beginner

It's also useful to use caltrops on your location and then drop smoke cloud on top.
I'm sorry, could you explain this part a bit? Like, why is it useful? To hide when someone is attacking?

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 3:56pm

yes you stay in the cloud and he cant attack you^^ normaly ppl will come in your cloud to kill you then and when your caltrops are there...schwupps he is flat on the ground :P

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 4:59pm

Brunette

Beginner

yes you stay in the cloud and he cant attack you normaly ppl will come in your cloud to kill you then and when your caltrops are there...schwupps he is flat on the ground
Indeed, makes sense. Thank you!

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 7:40pm

freestile

Professional

I think you don't really need to lvlup every classes to lvl60. To understand the basics mechanics lvl20-30 should be enought ==> and i advise you to do this and to keep this characters on your account because it is very interesting for some events to have many characters (especially for the new system of profetics cards that can give you a good mount for free ;) )

Thursday, December 4th 2014, 11:47pm

I think you don't really need to lvlup every classes to lvl60. To understand the basics mechanics lvl20-30 should be enought ==> and i advise you to do this and to keep this characters on your account because it is very interesting for some events to have many characters (especially for the new system of profetics cards that can give you a good mount for free ;) )

since the drops from prophetic cards are bound it wont help much to have a good item on a secondary char you dont play seriously...

Friday, December 5th 2014, 4:14pm

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 12:37pm

From what I see they have given you some good advice ^^ What I tend to do since my Scout is only a 37k Gearscore at the moment is I try to be as helpful to my team as I can.
Which usually revolves around being as annoying to enemies as I can sadly.
Precision shots: I like to silence/disarm my enemies alot since It will slow them down in some way.
Tranquilizer arrows: The effect wears out pretty fast in group/raid pvp, but it lasts just long enough for your allies to do some decent damage If you ask me.
Caltrops: Being more strategic, Usually throw them in the middle of large group fights (Kinda like how mages do with Fire wall) or put them over a flag to stall for a bit. Every second counts! Keep that in mind. And I love using Caltrops vs Melee classes
Smoke Cloud: Another strategic skill If you ask me. In raid pvp try to throw it over your caster classes since they are more squishy and vulnerable. It will give you all time to do some decent damage depending on the gear differences. And even in Witches Hollow you can throw it over the flag with some caltrops If your trying to cap.
Recoil/Sommersault: Pretty much only use it If I'm close to an enemy and wanna stun them for "X" amount of seconds or to get away from melee classes before Tranq and burning them down.
Also don't forget your Patron abilities. Like If you need energy 3rd skill, Heal 2nd, Removing control effects 4th and after combat healing for the 1st.
Then there's your secret abilities which are the 5 instant cast shots for ranged or removing speed debuffs and faster movement (If you took the ruby for movement on Escape artist)
But I find this all to be very useful. Sorry If I forgot anything, but other than that. Just give your enemies hell and hit em hard and quick! Goodluck

Friday, December 12th 2014, 9:45pm

Brunette

Beginner

THANK YOU!!! You don't how much it means for me to get so much feedback!

Tuesday, December 16th 2014, 4:13am

No problem. Haha, I've been playing Scout for quite some time. Although I did eventually get a bit rusty :3 But I'm still learning some things myself :D