You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 5:56pm

Marco

Intermediate

Hello,

Whats BC and i think that that preparation means farming gold.

New Players usually start with 0 gold and lvl 1 so to farm an accesable amount of gold to play free on payserver they have to have good connections or they need to get lvl 60 to be able to farm this amount of gold.. and then they are already used on free to play ;) and have no interest to play here .....;(

In only my opinion ofc ;)

Taleron

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:36pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Greetings,

Just passing through to say that the "Ask The Dev" idea has been put forward and we'll likely look into the possibilities in the New Year. We're presently at a busy time (as is expected during New Year holidays), so we'll return to that matter in the near future.

Cordially,
Mhul

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:53pm

There is still the fact too that if you sub for 3months (21€) it give you in fact 6months

Oh my god, is this really true?! 8|
I'd maybe even come back with this kind of price...

Now a question to My.com - Is the description or awarded gametime amount incorrect?

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:58pm

Oracle

Intermediate

There is still the fact too that if you sub for 3months (21€) it give you in fact 6months

Oh my god, is this really true?! 8|
I'd maybe even come back with this kind of price...

Now a question to My.com - Is the description or awarded gametime amount incorrect?

Yes it's true. I bought 90 days sub this week and was quite surprised to find I have until May :D

Greetings,

Just passing through to say that the "Ask The Dev" idea has been put forward and we'll likely look into the possibilities in the New Year. We're presently at a busy time (as is expected during New Year holidays), so we'll return to that matter in the near future.

Cordially,
Mhul

And this is so awesome :thumbup: I hope it does happen.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:59pm

Alafff

Intermediate

It is , got a dear CM that try to convince me to make a support ticket about it . Don't wanna (will probably get banned or get a warning) because like you , others people could came back. And more people come , more there will be chance to make them stay , and nothing forbid my.com to put back the "normal" rate , after server population level come back to normal
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 7:12pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

It is , got a dear CM that try to convince me to make a support ticket about it . Don't wanna (will probably get banned or get a warning) because like you , others people could came back. And more people come, more there will be chance to make them stay , and nothing forbid my.com to put back the "normal" rate , after server population level come back to normal
A very unfair statement - It is views like that which impair the time it takes to remedy issues, given how some people often decline highlighting problems directly to GM's via tickets, preferring to post on forums about how said issue is not cured in an optimal time frame due to remaining un-highlighted in the first place.

Either way - the matter is being looked into - and a shame to know that people who are aware of the issue aren't willing to advocate the possibility that the positives of it remain, via tickets.

Cordially,
Mhul.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 7:38pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Either way - the matter is being looked into - and a shame to know that people who are aware of the issue aren't willing to advocate the possibility that the positives of it remain, via tickets.

Cordially,
Mhul.
People may not want to send in tickets due to the wait time.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 8:08pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Quoted

It is , got a dear CM that try to convince me to make a support ticket about it . Don't wanna (will probably get banned or get a warning) because like you , others people could came back. And more people come, more there will be chance to make them stay , and nothing forbid my.com to put back the "normal" rate , after server population level come back to normal
A very unfair statement - It is views like that which impair the time it takes to remedy issues, given how some people often decline highlighting problems directly to GM's via tickets, preferring to post on forums about how said issue is not cured in an optimal time frame due to remaining un-highlighted in the first place.

Cordially,
Mhul.

Mhul . What i mean is , I know that not doing that support ticket is bad , i know that it is a bug and it need to be resolved . Now i gave info on how to replicate it. I'm not saying it is your fault , i'm not ever going to complain about this bug . This bug is kind of known on whole sub server . True it is was not known from others , but the same others almost none of them know about p2p. So yeah it was one argument to make people come on p2p, Cause we need people and lack of visibility from the website not really help. But it stay a bug and as using it and not technically wanting to help you resolve it , make me kind of a bug exploiter.

I'm not trying to say you're the bad guy here , You're doing your job.And me i'm a player just trying to make his server get a little better , even if the ways are bad. But if you still need me to help you i will gladly do it.
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 8:19pm

Marco

Intermediate

That may right but while we dont have knowlegde how many Community members work on how much Tikets and what they do else while working we cant allow us verdict.

I for myself would like to know what the community can do by problems like serverdowns and domi fails.

Please not the fact they are active players ingame too and dont like this probs as well ;)

While i am still used to think like a CM member from another Game ;), I think that some players awarding to much influence and might to the Community. Aditonally we dont have any Info how the work environment and the contact to the developers itself really is ...

Does the Community may have to get permission from Mail@ru to change something on Website or on Ingame mechanics ...no one knows.

That why I plese a Community member to answer to this. Then we have a clear view on the Allods Community and realize the whole structure ;)

Greetings

Taleron

Friday, December 5th 2014, 8:56pm

Naah... this is good for disapointed people with the f2p model :)

for them, for sure! this way they can still profit from their old char

Whats BC

blue crystals, the currency of the game

i think that that preparation means farming gold.

reaching level 60 to participate in all the activities that gain gold

New Players usually start with 0 gold and lvl 1 so to farm an accesable amount of gold to play free on payserver they have to have good connections or they need to get lvl 60 to be able to farm this amount of gold.. and then they are already used on free to play

thats why i wrote "theoretically" because its some kind of workaround, but its a solution for those who can not or will not afford the price
so the "payserver" can still be free, thats the thing i like so much (even if i dont play there myself)

Quoted from "Alafff"

21€ = 2100 BC
2100 BC for 6 months (1/2 year)
its not hard to gain 2100 BC over 6 months even with a fresh level 60 without any CS items

so we can say payserver is free to play also somehow, haha
i like that because it shows allods is not greedy :thumbsup:

Friday, December 5th 2014, 9:10pm

Marco

Intermediate

You said something very good ;)

Thx

Taleron

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 1:41am

@ ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER
Do you know what's the main reason why you get much hate when you post on forums and why many people are sarcastic at many of your comments and posts?

I think it's simply because,you sir,when it comes to new Allods policy in farming gold etc,say weird stuff and stuff that not any normal human can do like "gearing is easier now" etc but the fact (at least for most people that play the game) is that it has got far harder (except for glyphs) because of higher costs for upgrades etc so it needs f2p players to farm harder and more yet you say some weird illogical stuff and talk about normal player as if it's a programmed robot player or someone having no life,no work etc.You try to hide the negative points in the game through your words by saying these weird stuff when someone tries to point them out and most of what you say about these matters always feels like lies and makes you seem like a hypocrite to me at least (No offense but I'm saying the truth and saying the truth isn't a sin).

I don't know why you always do this,is it because you love the game so much and wanna hide its disadvantages to help it survive more?or is it for some expected rewards?or for some motive we don't know of?

Anyway I'd like to tell you,if you lie and try to hide what makes the game feels boring,you're giving wrong feedback and that hurts your beloved game,this doesn't help it because,any company needs accurate feedback about their products.The game is the product here and the players are like the clients so if new gearing system isn't really that great because of :1-higher costs for example.. 2- 3- 4- etc,this lets the company know what to do next to improve their game but hiding truth and disadvantages of a game doesn't help it out,trust me because,you might make the managers feel they're doing pretty fine while they might be driving their product to oblivion.I hope you get my point.
I actually do agree with the OP that the game was more fun like 2 years ago.

If that's your opinion "really" then I do respect it even if it's against like 80% of Allod's players base (without exaggeration IMO) but I said these words because,I really have a feeling,that's not really what you think but you're giving out these thoughts through out the forums for some purpose other than expressing personal opinion.Who knows,I might be wrong.I'm human after all and vulnerable to errors.

Sorry if my words were harsh or did hurt your feelings,sir but I wanted to clarify the situation for you from my point of view.

Cheers! :)
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 1:59am

@ Hilver
i dont see any hate posts, i just see people who are having not as much fun as i have obviously...
i also see ppl who have other criteria of fun than me...

everyone exhibits his opinion here, thats what the forum is here for

when i was new to allods i had a very, very hard time and this motivated me
since im neither a player that uses $ nor i have time to play 24/7, it really cant be THIS hard to thrive here
my 2 years are relatively low in comparison to some other veterans

so by definition of some complainings here, i could never have fun and i could never get my items, and i never could perticipate in PVP
...but... all this is wrong

to me also some things i have to read here are VERY strange, but its ok, everyone as he wants

calling me a liar is silly, but thats clear anyway... everything i write is either my personal opinion or a fact... there is no space for lies
but again, if someone wants to think i lie he is free to do so

allods is the 1st onlinegame i play that is getting BETTER instead or getting worse
i love that and i express that
i dont donate $, but i want to give feedback

telling me that "my opinion" is against 80% of allods -playerbase is uncertain, so i think what you wanted to state is that you believe that...
i believe is that ~80% of players rather enjoy the game than spending time on the forum... i was like that myself for a long time, to be exact i have just started using the forum when my.com took over allods

if you think im payed for writing here its also ok, i cant change it anyway, only thing i can do is telling you im not

and i completely agree, telling the truth can never be a sin!
im not the kind of player that gets his feelings hurt by posts on the internet
i rather enjoy straight forward conversations 8o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

as for the topic itself, i would also appreciate some direct conversation with the developers
(my most important suggestions are in my signature already)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Dec 6th 2014, 2:07am)

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:07am

PoloRL

Trainee

seems like most of them quit cause they dont like the direction the game is heading. .
I'm about 90% sure this is the feeling of at least 75% of the population lol.
It's sad, I love this game, just...I love this game 2 years ago...today, it's just another game. It used to be something great.

Edit: Honestly...we need something done. This game is in complete and total "coast mode."
Nothing new is happening, no new players are showing up, no new content is available (ancient mounds...I can't even really consider that new content as it's beyond boring and serves little to no purpose other than catching up noobs [where's the stuff for end game players?]).
I don't know what the answer is, but I can tell you...the game is not growing, the game is not increasing in interest to anyone...the game is stagnant. This is really unfortunate, because I am one of the all-time BIGGEST supporters of this game. I really do not want to lose interest in the game and I want to see the game go back to it's roots. I want to see this game become something. It simply is one of the best games. The cash shop, the way things are handled, the bugs, the amount of time necessary for farming...these...these are not good things. Start doing some brainstorming over there CM/GM/Devs, whoever is over there...because we need some serious help right now. Edit 2: We have done our brainstorming, we have shared our ideas, we have let everyone know what we think could/would improve this game. I understand, as CMs/GMs...your "power" is limited, but you are the closest thing to the developers. You need to be constantly relaying our ideas to them. We cannot speak to them. We cannot send them specifically a message. That is what YOU are there for. We need helping getting our ideas to them. We are the gamers, we are the players, we are the ones that see anything and everything that happens in this game. We are the ones that see the bugs, report the bugs, we are the ones that make suggestions on things not necessarily bugs...but things that aren't quite "right" in the game. We try to help you, please try to help us. Please.
On that note...CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ANOTHER ASK THE DEVELOPERS QUESTIONS THING? (We had this back with gPotato and I think we actually saw one of our 1,000+ ideas show up in the game.) It was a miracle to us to see something actually happen we had suggested. It has been YEARS since we have seen anything like that and I think that would be seriously morale boosting.
Thanks for your consideration,

Groot
This post sums up my exact feelings about Allods, though I haven't played it properly for a long while now. This game was hands down THE best MMO out there back when the Tensess/Nezeb servers and Yul server were around, 45 to 51/52 patches were amazing, despite some of it's cash shop flaws, but the game now feels like it has no spirit left, there's no care for it from the devs, it's absolutely barren, the population is incredibly scarce and so blatant that the game is just draining cash out of it's remaining players while it still can. Even private allods had a bigger playerbase. When I look back at it Gpotato really weren't that bad during the mentioned patches compared to my.com, at least you had GMs somewhat addressing concerns from the playerbase. It's really sad that such a great game has been ruined by greed and incompetence.

Monday, December 8th 2014, 10:01am

Ok I'll try to sound as reasonable here as possible without getting my post removed again.
If I strike a nerve with something I say or mention forgive me but that's my way of revealing the truth.

First of all I've seen suggestions posted time after time, and quite frankly, some brilliant ideas as well.
So my question is since Allods RU are ahead of is is this section just to make people feel better? Time after time, merge after merge, we don't acumulate enough members/players as how many we actually loose, great players and friends are lost. Not just by me, but by all of the old timers here.
Merciles on Avilon server everybody is gone due to the standard of an "average" player this game is pushing upon us when we merged with the other NA server Yul (I'm possibly mixing names with other games but that's besides the point, you get what I mean).
Ascendancy was my home and 90% of those players and 100% of my friends are gone from there because people can not afford it, which is sad. I've tried to help out few friends but even that didn't feel but a drop in the pool. (Not sea but you get my point). And so on.

Back to the subject, since Allods RU is ahead of us I feel as people are wasting their breath trying to change something because standards are set on RU and we fallow behind them. So why have this section, if not one good idea to make the game better will be granted or looked upon? Nor has it been implemented. This game used to be great with great players and friends and it has been eating its self from within for quite some time now. I personally hate the game is being ran and its staff, weather it is constructive idea/comment or somebody venting the only thing being done is punishing people speaking bad about it to silence those people including my self.

When will we actually see something done? Something that's not from or on the "RU" version of allods. I feel as if nothing will change no matter how much we voice our opinions, this here is just more posts that will be answered as "we will look into it" or somethig like that. The game has made it imposible for people to survive without somekind bc exchange and so on.

When will you quit giving people false promises? Because all we see is the constant updates that come from RU version. You are loosing player base left and right, I login every now and that just to say hi to friends that I miss and their personalities, not the game. A while ago I found my self in love with this game and it's butey but the corruption has drown me away where I don't think about the game, I come on the forum just because I remembered a friend and wonder how they are doing.

If mail.ru doesn't start listening to the NA/EU community you will be left with nothing, and that train has started boarding a while ago.
Banning people without proofs or on a hitch, muting people because they have swore to somebody who has chosen to disable his swearing protect, actually attacking high cash shop players because they don't provide as much anymore to you, ninja changes, increasing prices for upgrading, removing old items, banning people who have passed on their account to a real life friend, like why the hell do you even care who is playing on the account as long as they are keeping the game alive, if they hack, or do anything illegal in this nature then use your better judgment and punish them for breaking those rules, not because they simply wish to enjoy the game, and so on.

All these things make community mad, and of course, they will express how they feel. And what do you do then? You try to silence them.
In my opinion, this community ideas will never be listened not implemented and the bs talk that they are listening is, well, bs.

I quit the game don't take my opinion to seriously, I can't even remember the terminology anymore as you've read, but either quit feeding people bs and start taking actions to make the game fair for more people, or at least have enough decency not to lie people anymore.

Listen to their ideas, decide or have community vote on them, and help people being able to enjoy this game for little longer, even if it means hurting your damn wallet a little bit.
Also what happened with "costumer is always right?" It is a shame where this game was before, and where has it ended up now, it used to attract so many people because of how fair it was now you have to be well off to be able to play the game at normal pace and not break your back. Bring back the fun in the game and balance it. It will bring you back player base and attention this game deserves.

Every review I have seen about this game begins with "cash shop heavy" and so on, that's the worse kind of review you want for a game this well designed.
My rating for the game design wise 10/10 it has everything, staff/direction it is heading would be at 2/10, and only reason it gets a 2 is because there are few people who actually read and listen to what players have to say, but that is as far as it goes and gets.

Do your self a favor and instead making all these new God damn patches, take a break and listen to the community and see what you can do for the players for a while.
I can write a novel here if needed but I'm starting to feel the hate towards the people running this game and how uneven and unfair they are making the game so I'm going to cut it short.
To those who read this before it gets deleted again you have heard my opinion and I hope you share it with others before it gets taken down.
-Peace

~VashBOG

Monday, December 8th 2014, 11:50am

I think in order to become something again Allods needs to be "westernized". The cash shop needs a complete revamp, some systems in the game like upgrading and Wellebell need to looked into. See where the problems of the game are on the western market, discuss it with players and work with them to make Allods independent of the RU version. Then start to advertise (maybe say something about the p2p, too and make it better) and I believe as a result there will be a steady stream of players looking for a balanced, well done MMORPG. Allods is so damn good as a game but it just doesn't fit the western mindset in some aspects.

Why doesn't this game have a team dedicated to make it fit to the western market like Skyforge?
p2p Empire lvl 60 Paladin Bowtiful

Monday, December 8th 2014, 11:56am

Mhuldoon

Professional

In response to some above, I'd like to stress that people try their best to keep the thread as a place for constructive feedback on how we can move forward, not purely statements of player views of the games past, or opinions of administration - and I know that is difficult for those who are extremely passionate about the game in all its past and present iterations - but not much can come of them if they remain statements of discontent only.

Once again, regarding "quit giving people false promises" and "stop lying to people" -- I stress the point of keeping to 'this' thread, where no promises or lies have been made or condoned. As for "It is being looked into" - that is a simplified fact. Whether something becomes of motions put forward is out of my hands, though it is not a lie to say that some of the suggestions (past and present) have reached appropriate ears and the possibilities shall be reviewed in the New Year when not as busy with priorities.

_____

Quoted

the only thing being done is punishing people speaking bad about it to silence those people
On the contrary - and related to my point of keeping on topic for the sake of the thread - most if not all of such posts break clearly defined rules from the off - and allowing those that don't, to exist, simply does more damage than good to the community as well as the forum itself. If you turn the situation on its head, the majority of people wouldn't comment if said posts were attacking you, the player, and were being Moderated the same way - so remember it goes both ways. Moderation is the act of mediating and keeping the peace between both groups - and entering a company owned forum and attacking them directly is the least peaceful thing people can do. That isn't to say we can't be criticised, but how it is expressed is key.

Quoted

Banning people without proofs or on a hitch
And do YOU have proof of this? Because I've had to deal with many cases that are very contrary to the above, where people proclaim innocence in the face of mountains of proof.

NOTE: If so, be sure to send me a PM rather than discuss it here - as this isn't the place, as discussed above.

Quoted

banning people who have passed on their account to a real life friend, like why the hell do you even care who is playing on the account as long as they are keeping the game alive, if they hack, or do anything illegal in this nature then use your better judgment and punish them for breaking those rules, not because they simply wish to enjoy the game, and so on.
Once again, I refer you to the clearly defined rules of which most if not every online game employs (and has done since the dawn of online gaming). Account sharing, even if done innocently, simply isn't acceptable for reasons which effect both the players (and their future account rights) and the game itself. If anything, 9/10 of such bans are done in the best interest of the player themselves. We are not bad guys for performing expected standard practice.

Quoted

actually attacking high cash shop players because they don't provide as much anymore to you
Any rules exercised would be done so regardless of the player and/or anything they have paid. This goes for the new person who signs up and plays for one hour, or the person who has played for 1 year who has paid hundreds. In 'shopping' terms, a customer is just as susceptible to repercussions as the window shopper is. Considering how much needs to be done, how little time we have to do it, and a huge priority list of important issues that go way beyond watching the day to day of X or Y player or how much they've paid -- cherry picking 'targets' is not one of our daily practices, as much as some people seem to think it is.

Quoted

i would also appreciate some direct conversation with the developers
To clarify on this - it was put forward last week and has been considered, though given the time of the year, it won't truly be reviewed until the new year. When that arrives, we'll push the idea of an "Ask the Dev" thread again - the result of which will be out of my hands.

Once again, please consider keeping the thread on-topic and not resorting to too much past-reminiscence or administrative opinions - and if you intend to do so anyway, then at least keep it wholesome / constructive so that they can remain in-thread.

Cordially,
Mhul

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Mhuldoon" (Dec 8th 2014, 12:06pm)

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:09pm

Achilles

Intermediate

given how some people often decline highlighting problems directly to GM's via tickets, preferring to post on forums about how said issue is not cured in an optimal time frame due to remaining un-highlighted in the first place.

Tell me what you think an optimal time frame is on a problem that has been highlighted several times both as tickets and forum posts? I sure as hell don't count 12 days and waiting for a reply on a ticket about payment issues as optimal.
Achilles | Mage | Avarice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▌█▀█─█─█─▀█▀─▀█▀─█─█─█─█─█▀█─▀█▀▐
▌█▀▄─█─█──█───█──█▀█─█─█─█▀▄──█─▐
▌▀▀▀─▀▀▀──▀───▀──▀─▀─▀▀▀─▀─▀──▀─▐
▌───────────────────────────────▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:16pm

Allods RU is ahead of us I feel as people are wasting their breath trying to change something because standards are set on RU and we fallow behind them. So why have this section, if not one good idea to make the game better will be granted or looked upon? Nor has it been implemented.

I'd say it's probably true. Trying to suggest something that requires changes in the actual code is absolutely pointless.

My guess would be that "Suggestions" section is there so we can propose adjustments that can be made with their GM-Tools or configurable settings, like adding/removing an item from the cash shop, changing some item's price etc. Or suggestions regarding the website/forum.

When will we actually see something done? Something that's not from or on the "RU" version of allods. I feel as if nothing will change no matter how much we voice our opinions, this here is just more posts that will be answered as "we will look into it" or somethig like that.

I don't think that game's audience outside of RU version is big enough to make anything like that worthwhile at all for the company. It's pretty obvious they are trying to keep this game floating at minimum costs and scavenge what they can. The basic quality inherited from RU is good enough to keep going with it.

If mail.ru doesn't start listening to the NA/EU community you will be left with nothing, and that train has started boarding a while ago.

It doesn't look like that at all. Some of the more thinking-capable individuals are trying to sometimes voice their opinion, but many (I'd say way more than "enough" for My.com) people keep playing without a care. Look at all the people in Nezeb/Novo. And look at the exchange rate, it's actually going down, meaning that people exchange crystals to gold, meaning that people spend money.

I think in order to become something again Allods needs to be "westernized". The cash shop needs a complete revamp, some systems in the game like upgrading and Wellebell need to looked into. [...]Allods is so damn good as a game but it just doesn't fit the western mindset in some aspects.

They might as well kill it off then. One of it's main attractive points, the reason it is as you say "so damn good as a game" is that it's DIFFERENT from western MMOs.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Dec 8th 2014, 12:23pm)

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:23pm

Mhuldoon

Professional

Quoted

Tell me what you think an optimal time frame is on a problem that has been highlighted several times both as tickets and forum posts? I sure as hell don't count 12 days and waiting for a reply on a ticket about payment issues as optimal.

Firstly, note that you are comparing a post made regarding a long-standing unified server event-debate, to an individual ticket. Regarding individual tickets (especially on priority matters such as Transfer Problems, Payment Problems etc), I've been more than happy to work with many people whom had been at the brunt of queue times - and encourage people who are experiencing long waits to get in touch with their respective CM's, who are often more than accommodating when it comes to trying to help priority issues ahead of time when they can.

Cordially,
Mhul